[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright, time to prove how much of a film enthusiast you truly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: Hiroshima_Mon_Amour_1959.jpg (27 KB, 261x350) Image search: [Google]
Hiroshima_Mon_Amour_1959.jpg
27 KB, 261x350
Alright, time to prove how much of a film enthusiast you truly are. Please leave shitposting at the door, for this is serious.
I finally got a break from college, and for my free time I want to create a list of truly essential films to see in order to have a true understanding of film, from its history to technique and its significance as an art form.
So what i ask you to do is to give me some recommendations on what you really think are must-see films to achieve this goal. any year, country or genre is fine. It can be either what you think is the best of the best, or just movies that you really like or think have some significance on the overall history of film, despite of their quality.

Don't let me down, /tv/
>>
>>63629386
What have you seen so far? Are you coming at this with no prior knowledge?
>>
That list is potentially thousands of films anon: I'll post my 5 favourite pieces of media instead.
The Fistful of Dollars Trilogy
This one scene from John Wick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cYDsVamQqU
Silence of the Lambs
Band of Brothers Series
Raging Bull
>>
>>63629386

http://www.bfi.org.uk/news/50-greatest-films-all-time

http://www.theyshootpictures.com/gf1000_all1000films_table.php

There you go.
>>
>>63629386
What you should watch is the They Shoot Pictures Don't They list of the 1000 greatest films of all time. It's well sourced and entirely reliable, especially in the first 250 films or so. All the big names are there in good representation, and the website is easy to navigate and explore to find new directors or films you haven't seen before.
>>
File: 1440938540669.png (11 KB, 211x246) Image search: [Google]
1440938540669.png
11 KB, 211x246
>>63629614
>http://www.bfi.org.uk/news/50-greatest-films-all-time
>1. Vertigo
It's a good movie but how the fuck is it even near the best of all time? The plot was pretty ridiculous, Novak's acting was unimpressive to say the least, the reveal of the plot twist was shit. I don't get all the praise it's getting.
>>
>>63629759
They always have to include some American films on the list, god knows why. Citizen Kane is great too but hardly deserves the heaping praise it gets, especially since it didn't even invent deep focus like people pretend.
>>
>>63629759
Because, interracial ćuck shit
>>
>One of the seminal products of the French New Wave (Nouvelle Vague), Jules and Jim is an inventive encyclopedia of the language of cinema: Truffaut incorporated newsreel footage, photographic stills, freeze frames, panning shots, wipes, masking, dolly shots, and voiceover narration (by Michel Subor). Truffaut's cinematographer was Raoul Coutard, a frequent collaborator with Jean-Luc Godard, who employed the latest lightweight cameras to create an extremely fluid film style. For example, some of the postwar scenes were shot using cameras mounted on bicycles.
>>
You still here OP? I could put some thought into a list, but not if noone's gonna be around to read it.
>>
funeral parade of roses
>>
>>63630276
Not OP, but I'd be interested in reading it.
>>
Star Wars
>>
>>63629759
both directors and film critics pick 10 of their fav films, and the end results on the poll only showed that which films that have the most fans from both directors and critics alike. both good/great and universally likable is all, as a prime factor
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.