[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Peace is a lie, there is only passion. >Through passion,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: sith.jpg (140 KB, 1280x769) Image search: [Google]
sith.jpg
140 KB, 1280x769
>Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
>Through passion, I gain strength.
>Through strength, I gain power.
>Through power, I gain victory.
>Through victory, my chains are broken.
>The Force shall free me.

So if the crux of the Sith creed is freedom, why are they always imperial in practice?
>>
It's freedom for them, not for everyone else, dummy.
>>
>>63621674
EU no longer canon. That includes this poorly thought out bullshit.
>>
>>63621674
>Free you're mind and you're ass will follow
- Sheev Thaddeus Palpatine
>>
>>63621674
It's more or less like this;

>everyone should be a cut throat competitor and the best one gets to rule all
>lol good luck getting anywhere near power without being an extreme force user or a genius military tactician
>>
Lucas is a big fan of Mishima and it seems to be something drawn from his ideas. Go watch 'A Life in Four Chapters' (which Lucas was one of the executive producers for) if you want to know more, senpai.

Although a peace/passion divide is nonsense it reminds me allot of the divide between passion and reason.
>>
>>63621674
Negative freedoms, not positive ones
>>
File: obi-wan.jpg (103 KB, 665x814) Image search: [Google]
obi-wan.jpg
103 KB, 665x814
>>63621674
>freedom
The Jedi are all about control of the self.
The Sith are all about the control of others.

Nice snowflake.
>>
>>63622767
Isn't that literally the Sith creed, though?
>>
It's personal freedom by ascending from the chains of the herd. It's nietzsche
>>
>>63621674
They free themselves through the opression of others.

Jedi control themselves for the freedom of others.
>>
>>63621674
It's the ultimate control of yourself. It's very very strongly Nietzchean >>63623309
Read it again.
>Through strength, I gain power.
>Through power, I gain victory.
>Through victory, my chains are broken
The implication of those lines is that the weak do not deserve to be at the top, and they are the ones naturally crushed underfoot as a consequence of the victory of the stronger ones.
In the context of the Force, the Jedi view themselves as servants of the Force. The Sith view the Force as something that should serve them.
>>
File: SithSuccess2.png (52 KB, 400x393) Image search: [Google]
SithSuccess2.png
52 KB, 400x393
>>63622767
Sorry to break it to you, but the "snowflake" is still canon, as per the Lando Calrissian comics from Marvel.
>>
>>63622767
Self control is a Sith thing too though
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.