[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much do spoilers affect your capacity to enjoy something,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: pedestal_spoiler_3.jpg (155 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
pedestal_spoiler_3.jpg
155 KB, 600x375
How much do spoilers affect your capacity to enjoy something, /tv/?

Say you read the book before seeing the film, does it really "ruin" the film knowing that some character is going to die?
>>
I could care less about spoilers, in fact I read somewhere that hearing spoilers don't ruin the the movie for you, spoilers actually help you to enjoy the movie even more because instead of your brain being preoccupied with trying to figure out WHAT will happen next, once you hear the spoiler your brain is concentrating more on HOW the plot will unfold and the more subtle details.
>>
Spoilers prevent me from enjoying a movie, and they prevent me from buying a car as well. unless it's a hatchback with that little spoiler extension off the back window. Spoilers on cars are for children. Something like the Subaru WRX STi is not an option for me due to the retarded spoiler on it
>>
>>63618928
You have already ruined my thread. Calling it now.
>>
Research yourself up f@m, it doesnt make any difference and sometimes increases enjoyment
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1057740815000467
>>
>>63618496
some people like the surprise of something happening, like a twist or a death. Its not that hard to understand.
>>
>>63618737
just to add - looking for the article I read, I came across a similar statement by a psychologist stating ""that once you know how it turns out, it's cognitively easier to process the information – and can focus on a deeper understanding of the story."
>>
>>63619404
probably this same one
>>63619069
>>
>>63618737
>>63619069
>>63619404
thats bullshit but I believe it
>>
>>63618737
>>63619069
>>63619404
>>63619603
>someone is dead
>"24 hours earlier"

This is far more satisfying than someone dying out of the blue or it being "spoiled".
>>
>>63618496
It depends on the movie. I would not like having The Usual Suspects or Se7en spoiled, but I don't give a shit about these blockbusters action movies like SW or Marvel movies.
>>
>>63619680
no
>>
>>63619069
Someone told me bruce willis is dead in sixth sense. Literally ruined the movie for me.
>>
>>63620025
then you're the kind of pleb that watches movies for a tweest
>>
>>63620098
I'll go further and add that he's the kind of pleb that allowed a hack like Shyamalan to have a fucking career for over a decade, based solely on twists.

People who bitch about spoilers are literally kekolds.
>>
Depends on how big/important
If I cared at all about Harry Potter I wouldn't have seen half blood prince in theaters if I knew the snape kills dumbledore spoiler

But all these littel star wars spoilers don't bother me
I guess I also don't really care about star wars though
>>
>>63620384
big/unexpected*

Also, spoilers in tv show will completely ruin the episode for me, but I watch anyway cause I'm a fat fuck
>>
>>63618928
Soilers on cars are for traction, not children.
>>
>>63618928
I know this is a troll, but spoiler =/= wing. One primarily changes airflow, one primarily provides downforce.

The vast majority of spoilers are used to improve fuel economy.
>>
File: 1431719792630.jpg (599 KB, 1920x1280) Image search: [Google]
1431719792630.jpg
599 KB, 1920x1280
>>63618928
what is functionality
>>
>>63621331
You know downforce only becomes significant when you are driving above 270 km/h, most cars with spoilers don't go that fast, unless you are driving racing car like a Formula 1
>>
>>63618496
It don't matter to nobody but plebs.
>>
>>63618496
They fuck up my movie going experience because i sit there waiting for something i know will happen to happen. It can even be a little thing like, "This character will do X in a critical moment." that's enough to fuck a movie for me. Fuck, even fake spoilers are enough to completely ruin a movie because at the time of watching it i have no way of knowing if the spoiler was fake and i sit there like an asshole waiting for it to happen.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.