[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Make this movie better.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 17
File: areturn1.jpg (267 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
areturn1.jpg
267 KB, 1024x768
Make this movie better.
>>
Replace ewoks with wookiees and it's a 10/10 Star Wars film
>>
I can't, you trite faggot. It's the best one.

>le Empire is the best one meme
>>
File: rotjfix.jpg (362 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
rotjfix.jpg
362 KB, 1024x768
>>63616602
there you go f.am
>>
Cut the middle part and just make luke teleport to the death star after saving solo
>>
>>63616639
If you see no faults with this movie you need to find yourself a new hobby
>>
It's pretty good anyways
But
Make it wookies
Leia isn't Luke's sister (it's just kind of pointless)
It's not another "blow up the Death Star" plot (make it...the emperors kick ass space castle )
>>
>>63616602
Get rid of all white protagonists
>>
>>63616639
It's a bait!
>>
>>63616602
We get the original version with David Lynch as director, which was supposed to involve a ground attack on the Imperial Palace and a fleet battle in the upper atmosphere of Coruscant after the planetary shields on the moon (which would have been the Wookie homeworld) were disabled, and would have ended ambiguous as to whether Luke took his place as the new Emperor.

No Ewoks, no Death Star 2.
>>
>>63616693
this
>>
File: 1437008284476.jpg (210 KB, 630x856) Image search: [Google]
1437008284476.jpg
210 KB, 630x856
Carrie Fisher is digitally replaced with Amy Schumer
>>
>>63616696
I mean, there are faults with this movie. Just like with every Star Wars movie. But it's just a B-movie tier space fantasy. So why would I care to improve it. It's not like it's gonna drastically go above its level.
>>
More space battles

Less forest shit
>>
- Spend less time on Endor.
- Give Han something more important to do to justify all the effort that went into rescuing him.
- Take out the dumb "Ewoks fighting AT-ST's with rocks and sticks" shit.
- Don't reuse the Death Star
- More Sheev
- Fix Luke's hair
>>
>>63616693
>being this ADD
>>
>>63616769

Literally a body BUILT for sex

The PERFECT woman
>>
>>63616760
Just fuck my budget up, senpai.
>>
File: 1444075136109.png (111 KB, 415x353) Image search: [Google]
1444075136109.png
111 KB, 415x353
>>63616799
Yeah, more action that's what we need!! I mean it worked great with phantom menace r-right?
>>
More slave Leia
>>
>>63616844
>cutting out the shitty scenes is ADD
>>
File: Snuggie_Wookie_Family.jpg (14 KB, 250x235) Image search: [Google]
Snuggie_Wookie_Family.jpg
14 KB, 250x235
>>63616629
Or, just, you know, have neither.
>>
>>63616760
Where can I read more about this? It sounds great.
>>
>>63616602
Return of the Jedi as told by Gary Kurtz. the end.
>>
Replace Ewoks with Wookies. Replace Death Star II with somekind of palace ship that the Emperor rides around in.
>>
>no ewoks
>a different threat other than a second death star
>>
>>63616602

Get rid of Ewoks with abit more space battle.
>>
File: 1450053105764.jpg (333 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1450053105764.jpg
333 KB, 1024x768
>>
>>63616602
Bigger door in front of Jabba's palace

Liven up the music in Jabba's palace (pop?)

Make R2-D2's electric shock reaction more elaborate (maybe give him little arms?)

Make it clearer why Vader turns on Sheev
>>
>>63616602

ewoks can stay

just add more scenes of them getting massacred

i want it unmistakable that they're getting slaughtered in droves before chewie steals the atst
>>
>>63617066
Oh, and get rid of Yub Nub.
>>
>>63616602
Hire James Cameron as director and screenwriter.
>>
File: gatebd.jpg (77 KB, 700x299) Image search: [Google]
gatebd.jpg
77 KB, 700x299
>>63617066
>Bigger door in front of Jabba's palace
Literally what the fuck was he thinking.

I mean they even keep the interior shots where you can see that big of a door makes no sense.
>>
>>63616602

only one change is needed.

Replacing Ewoks with wookies and show the wookies being slave labor for the empire.
>>
>>63616887
So, just rebels making guerrilla strikes against imperial shit in the woods?

That probably would've worked just fine. They could've then used whatever odd terrain quirks endor would have, akin to the sarlacc pit on tatooine, to fuck with the elite imperial guards on patrol.
>>
>>63617096
i like you
>>
File: Revenge-of-the-Jedi-1439.jpg (3 MB, 1489x2243) Image search: [Google]
Revenge-of-the-Jedi-1439.jpg
3 MB, 1489x2243
Call it Revenge of the Jedi and keep it as dark and harrowing as that title implied.
>>
>>63617196
To be fair, that shot does look kinda cool. It just doesn't make any sense. It looks like it would be a spaceship hangar.
>>
File: 563457345.jpg (97 KB, 992x386) Image search: [Google]
563457345.jpg
97 KB, 992x386
>>63616900
There really isn't much material other than some concept art.
>>
>>63617196
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOG7LcBFFRQ
>>
>>63617334

its where he parks his sail barge
>>
Use unaltered version of the script, that one with lizards instead of ewoks. Make Han Solo rescue shorter and less retarded.
>>
>>63617416
>lizards instead of ewoks
What? I've head of lots of proposed version of RotJ, but that one's new to me.
>>
Use wookies instead of ewoks.

Give them big tree houses and a quirky holiday.

Have them jack off to holograms and watch Harvey Corman sketches.

But don't give them subtitles.
>>
File: 1430543538821.png (89 KB, 883x990) Image search: [Google]
1430543538821.png
89 KB, 883x990
>>63617348
ffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
>>
>>63617781
Look on the bright side, anon. The Emperor's throne room was going to be deep in the planet's core surrounded by a lake of lava. It would have looked cheesy as fuck compared to what we got if they'd stayed faithful to the original designs.
>>
>>63617958
>>
>>63616639

Agree 100% with you anon.

RotJ is the best Star Wars film.
>>
File: 2345234.jpg (709 KB, 1189x500) Image search: [Google]
2345234.jpg
709 KB, 1189x500
>>63618041
>>
File: 63456345.jpg (61 KB, 360x324) Image search: [Google]
63456345.jpg
61 KB, 360x324
>>63618089
>>
>>63616760
Lynch never actaully wanted to direct it though. He thought it was boring and weird
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJQ4vCu-S0U
>>
>>63617958
ew tbqh senpai
>>
>>63617384
What the fuck?
>>
File: Why 2.jpg (23 KB, 288x499) Image search: [Google]
Why 2.jpg
23 KB, 288x499
>>63618134
>thought Star Wars was boring and weird
>agreed to direct Dune
>>
more sheev
>>
>>63616760
>the original version with David lynch as director

No such thing. He was offered the job because he wasn't in the DGA, same with Cronenberg. He would have been a yes man doing Lucas bidding just like the like who did direct Jedi.

The original you refer to is simply the first draft which DID have Death Stars, TWO of them in fact, in construction over the imperial capital world of Had Abbadon. Coruscant is a name created by the expanded universe novels in the 90s.
You are correct about Wookiees.
Luke would have gone to the imperial palace in much the same way he went to the Death Star and emperors tower in the film.
Your ambiguous ending you have completely made up stop shitposting pls.
>>
>>63618127
>>63618089
>>63618041
>>63617348
Fuck me, it's like something out of warhammer 40,000.
>>
>>63616900
Hs talking about the first draft of the script, along with some shit he has made up, it probably is online somewhere.
>>
Han's rescue is shorter and takes less espionage. It establishes current relations between characters and Luke's power level, similarly to battle on Hoth in Empire.
No Endor, Ewoks, Death Star 2 or any of that shit. New McGuffin is Imperial Throne, it's an ancient artifact that Sheev recently dug out and moved to imperial palace located on Imperial capital planet. It amplifies force power level of it's user.
Imperial capital planet looks similar to Coruscant but more dystopian and not as big, with sky clouded by smoke from all the factories and streets full of the slave workers. It was once an lush and wild planet, you see some swamps and gimped forests sorrounding city landscape. Original inhabitants of the planet are disfigured and mutated by slave labor and all the polution
>>
>>63618392
>chasing mcguffins
That's why the transformer movies are so bad
>>
Can anyone link me the official predictions google docs for force awakens?
>>
Don't undo every single bit of character development or cliffhanger from Empire in the first 15 minutes of the film
>Empire: Look needs more training as a jedi
Already a jedi in RotJ
>Han frozen in carbonite
Han gets freed
>sexual tension between Han and Leia becomes love
Absolutely no chemistry or tension between them other than a kiss at the end, as if they've been a couple for years. Also have next to nothing to do in the story
>Yoda is alive doing whatever
Yoda dies
>Lando is a traitor but tries to redeem himself
Lando is now a high ranking rebel officer, not mention of betraying them
>Luke chooses death rather than face the fact that his father is the embodiment of the dark side
Luke gets has to reject Vader again for no clear reason and the Emperor tempts him with nothing specific

Empire is so great because it took characters to new places, handled more mature themes, had that downer ending. Return undoes all of that and makes it an entertaining but empty kids movie
>>
First act is mostly the same.
We see Luke as a jedi knight finally and he, through planning and skill, takes down Jabba and saves Han. Maybe streamline it a bit so we don't have Luke, Lando, Leia, C3PO and R2D2 arrive there separately but it general it works as it is.

Second act is mostly the same as Luke converses with Yoda the final time and Kenobi's ghost. This is intercut with the rebels preparing for the final battle and Vader and the Emperor chewing scenery.
So mostly the same but with a bit more room for setting and characterization.

Third arc is the same in the throne room, same in the space battle but the ground forces are just rebel elite troopers vs a fortified imperial base. Rebels show off their asymmetrical guerrilla warfare skills and operate the fuck out of the imperials. Han sacrifices himself to turn the tables and the shield goes down and so on.
Luke feeling Han's death through the force also makes him go a bit more dark side in the final duel along with the Leia reveal.

Everything else is the same except Luke and Leia stand over their father's bonfire and promise to set things right in the galaxy. Then Luke puts a hood on and says "now I'm Darth Vader" and kills Leia.
>>
>>63616769
Actually looks pretty hot here. Amazing what photoshop can do to a literal 2/10 hambeast.
>>
>>63618392
Never write movies.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (169 KB, 1216x728) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
169 KB, 1216x728
>>63616954
>Replace Ewoks with Wookies.

Agreed. I can at least take them beating "an entire legion" of the Emperor's best troops seriously.

>Replace Death Star II with somekind of palace ship that the Emperor rides around in.

So, the Eclipse?
>>
Its already the best one though
>>
>>63618292
>two Death Stars
Makes sense actually. They could have made a fleet of them to enforce order.
>>
they didn't need a second Death Star. The super star destroyer (or whatever) could've been totally fine for all of the scenes that occurred on DS2
>>
>>63616799
In other words, another movie that looks like your goddamn video games, right you millennial degenerate ADHD fuck.
>>
>>63619162

Yeah, sped-up chase scenes through redwoods with teddy bears sure trumped a space battle that 40 years later is still not surpassed in the entirety of cinema.
>>
>>63618134
>Lynch in charge of keepings things not boring and weird
>>
>>63619162

if any film needed more space battle its ROTJ

it is literally the best fleet-scale space battle in film
>>
>>63616602

Kill off Han Solo, have slump out of the Carbonite slab when Leia rescues him, dead.

No Luke and Leia sibling, brother/sister shit. That was contrived and awful.

Get rid of the Ewoks, none of that.

No Death Star II. (If you have to keep it though, keep in that great stuff that was deleted where Sheev plans on blowing up Endor and risking all of his men)

Have it take place in the Imperial City, Sheev's headquarters. Maybe a rebel raid.

Call it Revenge of the Jedi
>>
>>63618315
Gee, it's almost like 40k rips off other media...
>>
>>63618392
Luke, Han and a squad of disposables are sent on a mission to inflirtate imperial palace, kill the emperor, and destroy McGuffin. They are using Stormtrooper armor as a disguise.

When they get to the palace it turns out that McGuffin never really existed, it was just a bait to lure Luke into the palace. It turns into a bloodbath, Han dies, contact with mothership is lost. Luke has to run away.

He and rest of the surviviors end up on one of the swamps where they spend a week or two hiding. During those hard times Luke catche some exotic disease. He expiriences a frequent vision of Yoda and Obi Wan force ghosts telling him that he fucked up by not finishing his training, that rebel forces have been destroyed and that there is no hope left(it's just Emperor fucking with him).

Eventually he runs into original inhabitants. They heal him and now he's able to conatc Leia by force link. They prepare a new battle plan, in which rebel forces attack imperial fleet stationed around capital planet which would divert Sheev atention. Original inhabitants serve the same role as the ewoks, except they can contact their slave budies that work in the factories.
Rest plays out the same as RotJ.
>>
>>63618292
>stop shitposting pls
Dude, I'm just repeating shit I read on /tv/'s eternal Star Wars threads. Interesting shit about the name of the Imperial capital, though.
>>
In Empire when Yoda says "there is another..." were they already planning on Leia being Luke's brother? If not, what did he mean by this?
>>
>>63619305
>Revenge of the Jedi
ow the edge
>>
>>63618134

>boring and weird
>Lynch
>>
Han dies. Luke is won over by the dark side, kills his father, but is redeemed by Leia in the end.

That's pretty close to the film Empire was building up to, I think.
>>
>>63619305
>Revenge of the Jedi

Only a sith takes revenge though
>>
>>63619393
7/10 breddy gud
>>
idris elba as luke
>>
>>63616693
>not wanting the scene with luke and vader on the elevator
>>
>>63616602
>Swap Ewoks with Wookies.
>Remove Incest/Sibling plot line
>No second Death Star. Its fucking lazy. Do something different.
>Have Boba actually do something instead of dying like a little bitch
>>
>>63616602
Make Han black
>>
REMOVE EWOK
>>
>>63618666
To be fair the only non mediocre thing in Star Wars are the visual effects and the music, you're asking for cinematographic sense.
>>
>>63622054
Perfect
>>
Kill Han off like was originally intended.
>>
>>63622054
>Have Boba actually do something instead of dying like a little bitch
Jango Fett was just as useless in the prequels and he died like a bitch too by a black person
>>
>>63616602
Have a scene were jabba the hut has sex with that green slave dancer
>>
No Wookies. Keep the Ewoks.

But in the middle of the big final battle, show a scout trooper retreating, running off a little too far on his own. Three ewoks jump him, one strikes him dead with a spear, then they all pull off his chest plate and eat him. After two minutes of various shots of them chewing on his gut and crunching on his ribcage, have all three look up, as if sensing the viewer, and stare blankly at the camera for a full ten seconds, still chewing raw flesh like cattle chewing grass.
>>
>>63622488
Except he held his own against Obi Wan, killed two Jedi, and when he did die, it wasn't a blind man's accidental bump of his jetpack.
>>
>>63616602
Replace ewoks with a native tribe
>>
>>63616629
>Replace ewoks with wookiees and it's a 10/10 Star Wars film
But that's what episode 3 did
>>
>>63616602

The Ewoks are wookies, the second death star FIRES on Endor, killing Han Solo before the culmination in the throne room.
>>
>>63624097
but then how does he show up in episode 7?
>>
File: Huhdog.jpg (137 KB, 431x427) Image search: [Google]
Huhdog.jpg
137 KB, 431x427
>>63624130

HE FUCKING DOESN'T.
>>
>>63616602
Never film it. Let the franchise die. Destroy all copies of ESB. Life becomes perfect.
>>
Have Oola not get eaten, and help Luke escape.

I dunno. I irrationally like a character who is just a green dancer chick who gets vored and I feel creepy about it.
>>
>>63616629
pretty much this.
>>
>>63618134
i love that interview. more than anything lynch just hated the whole process of even being involved in the slightest bit with star wars, i'm pretty confident that's the real reason he chose not to at least sign on at first. i bet jj is thinking back to this clip too, he and the whole cast must be pretty tired of the disney dictatorship.
>>
>>63616769
Why 2 jabbas?
>>
>>63618392
sounds duneish
>>
>>63616702
>Leia isn't Luke's sister (it's just kind of pointless)

It's the catalyst for Luke finally unleashing on Vader, but I'm sure they could have figured something else out.
>>
Instead of anything that happened in the movie,

it's revealed that Obi-Wan was a clone (OB1), and so was Luke. In fact, Luke is Anakin's clone, or they both are clones, I dunno. Luke realizes that he has the same choice as his father, because they are the same thing. This way, the clone wars have nothing to do with Jango Fett, Luke has a greater existential crisis, and it draws a cool parallel to Luke's experience on Dagobah. When he went to the cave, it was originally called the clone pit in the script or something like that. That wasn't a hallucination that Luke had in Empire, he killed another of his own clones. Maybe there is an entire army of Darth Vaders, and Luke is just one that got astray or something.
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.