[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did Luke actually beat Vader in RotJ? Last we saw him, he
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: j30pzb.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
j30pzb.gif
1 MB, 320x180
How did Luke actually beat Vader in RotJ? Last we saw him, he had abandoned his training on Dagobah to save Han and Leia and got his shit kicked in by Vader. Then when RotJ opens, suddenly he's this badass Jedi? He hadn't even fully completed his training and now he's doing jedi mind tricks on Jabba's thugs. Not to mention the battle with Vader on the Death Star 2. There is no reason why Vader lost to his own son who's only been training as a jedi for what feels like a week or two. Then if you watch the Rebels cartoon series, Kannan gets his shit kicked in by Vader when he's had far more training in lightsaber combat and the force than Luke ever had.

It doesn't make sense. Why didn't they just add a scene explaining what happened in between ESB and RotJ explaining how Luke got so strong all of a sudden? Would that have been so hard?
>>
File: 1448168166079.png (8 KB, 359x291) Image search: [Google]
1448168166079.png
8 KB, 359x291
His training was incomplete, but that's just the boost he got from the dark side which was the point I always felt.
>>
>>63612078
you seriously couldn't just possibly fathom maybe some time had gone by since Empire and Jedi? That maybe JUST MAYBE because luke looks way older and more calm that maybe he's basically done with training.
>>
>>63612078
Hola reddit
>>
>Why didn't they just add a scene explaining what happened in between ESB and RotJ explaining how Luke got so strong all of a sudden?

Because all the stuff you listed previously implied that Luke continued to train under Yoda then became the bad ass Jedi he was. Yoda even said before he died that Luke's training was almost complete and that all he needed to do is confront Vader.
>>
>>63612078

I assume that A) there's been at least a few years between ESB and RoTJ, and B) Vader's heart wasn't really in it. In their conversation on Endor, you could hear in Vader's voice when he said "It's....to late for me, son." He was already starting to turn toward the light by that point.
>>
>>63612123
>>63612258
sometimes i wish i could teleport into your basements and grab your cheeto stained throats and slam you to the ground and hit you over and over again while screaming ''are you gonna stop? are you gonna fucking stop saying ''hello reddit'' while your head moves up and down from hitting the floor. all i can hear is you stutter y-y-yes p-p-lease s-s-stop im b-b-leeding i-it was *ouch* j-just a p-prank and then you burst out crying as i deal a final blow to your 3 inch cock and you curl up into the ground like a scared little animal.

i then teleport back into my home and you will never say ''hello reddit'' ever again
>>
Vader was conflcited and not really trying to kill Luke.

Luke brushed by the dark-side.

It's pretty fucking clear from a story point of view, don't involve DBZ power levels bullshit, no one involved in the making of this film did.
>>
>>63612211
Then why did he go back to Yoda to "finish" the training he started? Why wait years to save Han? They couldn't have just gave an explanation in the movie?
>>
>>63612078
>Luke son of space jesus
>rebel cartoon character
yeah i wonder why luke is so strong
>>
>>63612423
that doesn't explain how he got so good with a lightsaber. all it explains is that he is strong with the force like his father was. lightsaber combat and force sensitivity are not the same things.
>>
>why didn't they just add a scene explaining what happened

You don't know what you want. They did three films 'explaining what happened' with Vader, did that improve the story? No it didn't.
>>
>>63612389
Because he wasn't done with his training? He was probably 95% done and had to finish up a bit when he goes back during Jedi. It's never stated how long it took to save Han but I think at the most it could have been 2 years, for all we know the movies could be in real time.
>>
It was a year between the events of ESB and RotJ, he had prep time to further his training. Vader also wasn't trying to kill him, he didn't want to beat Luke. Kanan on Rebels is weak shit and Vader had no interest in sparing him, no will be ever.
>>
>>63612078
>>63612162
This OP. It was kind of like Lenny breaking that chick's neck, but with evil instead of retard strength.
>>
>>63612464
He fought Vader before. Luke had a good idea of his father's fighting style, and taught himself how to combat it properly the next time he faced him.
>>
Where did luke get green lightsaber from? Did he go back to yoda after esb?
>>
It will be really reddit but.

That isn't the moment that lukes beats vader,it's when he drops the saber and says that he's a jedi.

Finaly bring his father from the dark side.

That's the real power of a jedi not combat skills.
>>
>>63612918
Well, yeah, he did. It was in RotJ. But it also says he built it.
>>
>>63612389
>>63612492

Not OP, but I just recently rewatched the OT. In Empire, the last thing Luke says to Yoda is, "I'll return to complete my training. I promise." Then in Jedi, Luke separates from his friends and tells them there's a promise he needs to fulfill, goes back to Yoda, and tells him that he's come back to complete the training.

My impression from that series of events is that Luke leaves Yoda in Empire, then never comes back until the events of Jedi, and any "training" he had between the movies was done on his own using the practice/meditation techniques taught to him by Yoda in Empire. There's really not much to support the idea that Luke returned to Yoda between the movies at all. If he had, his training would be complete by the time we see him in the third movie.
>>
>>63612918
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1qyXxLIXLw
1.25 deleted scene
>>
Look, nearly everything in the OT was meant to be symbolic. Ability to duel with sabers was just a way of representing force ability physically before the prequels fucked that up and turned it into a dick measuring contest. Luke defeated Vader because he managed to tap into the dark side and conjure up enough strength to disarm him, but he managed to remain in the light because he laid down his weapon after that. That's all there is to get.
>>
>>63612078

Tapped into the power of emotions for a power boost. But he was able to not let those emotions over come him.

The power of the dark side, without the negatives.

Luke was a grey jedi.
>>
>>63613372
>>63612078
Same way Kenobi did better against Maul on his own, pissed off, than Qui Gon and Kenobi did together, even though he still won due to Maul's own mistake.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.