[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was this guy gonna throw his spear at the Death Star? Also how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6
Was this guy gonna throw his spear at the Death Star? Also how did Luke learn to pilot space ships on a farm?
>>
>>63612000
Yeah, that spear actually holds equivalent destructive power to the Death Star. It was always their secret plan in the pocket, if the fighters failed to take out the Death Star, he'd use the spear to destroy it.
>>
>>63612000
2) Well Luke owned one of these
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/T-16_skyhopper
which he mentions but never shows in the movie.
1) The more I think about it the worse it is, look how tight his spot is, how does he cover himself from the sun? How can he not go insane by standing all time in such a tight spot, unable to sit, what's the point of standing there? What can he do that a high resolution camera cant?
>>
>>63612597
His Skyhopper is in the background in one scene IIRC
>>
>>63612491
shut up reddit
>>
>>63612000

>Giant red gas giant 100 times the size of the moon they are on

>Takes up half the sky line, reflecting light over the planet, lighting it up, even when the sun has set

>Sky is blue instead of red

Fucking hell, Lucas always was a hack
>>
File: EVA00(Rei) throwing lance.webm (3 MB, 624x468) Image search: [Google]
EVA00(Rei) throwing lance.webm
3 MB, 624x468
>underestimating spears and lances

Nobody throws 'em like the japanese qt Rei.
>>
>>63612597

There's a matte painting of the Skyhopper when Luke is cleaning the droids.
>>
>>63613409
are there shots in IV where the sun on Bespin has set?
>>
>>63613490
>robots using throwing spears
jesus christ i watch some shitty movies, but this really is just too much
>>
>>63613723
There's a catch though.

It's not really a robot, and it's not simply a regular spear either.
>>
>>63613758
i actually really want to watch evangilion after all ive heard i just dont know the difference between the series and what a ova is, and ive been read some movie is a mix of a bunch of shit, that changes some stuff
>>
>>63613809
In the beginning, there was Evangelion. It was a TV-series and then a movie that serves as an extended ending.

That's what made Evangelion worth a damn.

It's the only "story" that has an actual start and a finish.

Anything else is just blatant milking and otaku pandering.

People thought that would end in 2007-2011 when the original creator himself started making remake movies, which were fairly decent until the third one hits and it became clear the story was going nowhere and it was just the creator rewriting the story to jerk himself off with his favorite characters.

People moaned about the Harry Potter movies changing Hermione and Ron, but those movies are perfect in comparison to what Rebuild does.

My tip, don't bother, the fun is long gone.
>>
>>63613723
it's your loss, because Avatar had a scene where a robot got into a knife fight and it was awesome.
>>
File: Redditwarden.png (157 KB, 556x362) Image search: [Google]
Redditwarden.png
157 KB, 556x362
>>63612834
>Being this much of a hothead

Sup Reddit.
>>
File: 1443381562013.jpg (104 KB, 736x456) Image search: [Google]
1443381562013.jpg
104 KB, 736x456
>>
>>63613809
A lot of what made evangelion great is gone. At the time it was a huge standout, and you needed to have seen a ton of the shit surrounding it to understand how huge a standout it was. But all of that has been buried under a mountain of shit since.
>>
>>63613928
>>63614099

I don't know, I think Rebuild brought a lot of interesting things to the table. The confirmation of the world starting over after the series with the similarities and differences, the super hype fight scenes, and the stellar soundtrack.

Genuinely curious how it's going to end.
>>
>>63614270
Then you're an idiot who don't understand the movies. I'm sorry if that's harsh but that's how it is.

The "world starting over again" is just another tacky retcon that severely damages the integrity of the original as well as the franchise. What exactly makes you believe otherwise?
>>
>>63614378

It changes nothing about the original, it's just a different way to continue it and show how things might have turned out differently.
>>
>>63612804
>>63613549
I thought he only had a toy of that ship
he's seen playing with one like a child iirc
>>
>>63614445
>he's seen playing with one like a child iirc
Was it autism?
>>
>>63614432
>It changes nothing about the original
Yes it does, it's called a retcon.

>it's just a different way to continue it and show how things might have turned out differently.
If it continues, it also changes. It's also far more than a different way to continue it, it's very specific.

Most importantly, it's NOT how could have turned out differently. The two are fundamentally incompatible.

Do you need to be redpilled on this anon? You have all the tools you need to understand it already.
>>
>>63614513

A sequel is not a retcon.
>>
>>63612000
How did he get up there?
>>
>>63614523
A sequel to a story that ended, and a sequel to a story whose new story contradicts the old one, is a retcon.
>>
>>63614523
Don't play stupid. The Rebuilds reset the entire story, starts from scratch.

It's a retcon no matter how you put it because that's impossible, even in a scenario as lame as "it was all someone's fever dream all along", which would still include retroactive continuity by forcing it into the past of a finished series.

It wasn't named "END" of Evangelion for nothing.
>>
>>63614270
I'm not even talking about the rebuilds when I say what made evangelion special has been buried under a mountain of shit. Before evangelion, every protagonist was a completely flawless marysue happily saving the world [read: japan] from evil [read: nukes] while every female pined for his cock. Then evangelion turned all of that so far on it's ass, every anime afterwards had to copy it in some fashion.
>>
File: 1447870160391.jpg (154 KB, 902x698) Image search: [Google]
1447870160391.jpg
154 KB, 902x698
>>63612000
it's a sniper rifle
(and before you ask how he gets up there, the tower elevates from the ground)

ive seen the same stupid post fairly regularly anon, sure you can troll better?
>>
>>63614600
dude. Talk to your doctor about autism.
>>
>>63614653
>Before evangelion, every protagonist was a completely flawless marysue happily saving the world [read: japan] from evil [read: nukes] while every female pined for his cock.

Confirmed for never having watched anything before Evangelion.
>>
>>63614688
Knowing what words mean != autism

Go talk to your doctor about your retardation.
>>
>>63614681
>this guy seems to be trolling
>I know, I'll reply to him! That will get him to stop!
>why isn't he stopping! I replied to him!
>>
>>63614730
Retcon is not a real word.
>>
>>63614696
The pre-eva gundams are exactly what hes talking about. Then post-eva gundams basically rip off eva.
>>
>>63614653
No it wasn't. There was a robot anime from the 80s that literally ends with the whole universe being destroyed and the good guys failing completely.

Not to mention, Bokurano was better than Eva by a long shot.
>>
>>63614757
It's real enough for me to use and for you to understand.
>>
>>63614787
No? Pre-eva Gundams? Take the first one. Amuro Ray here is anything but happy to fight the fight, and runs away on several occasions. He is forced to fight and told to deal with it.

None of the chicks are hopping on his dick either, Shinji as the protoganist of NGE had at least three girls and one boy trying to get on his.

Stop talking about this as if you had any clue. In Japan, Neon Genesis Evangelion was literally known as a mishmash of anime tropes cooked together, earning it the nickname "The Remixed Anime".

The idea that it somehow changed anything insofar "mary sue hero characters" goes is nothing more than a pathetic western fanboy lie, perpetuated by insecure manchildren who wants to pretend that their chinese cartoons are more than just that, chinese cartoons.
>>
>>63614950
... ah, I see, you're a gundam fan butthurt over the fact eva destroyed it completely.
>>
>>63614378
>>63614513
>>63614600

I'm not gonna comment on the quality of the Rebuild series, but I don't think what they are qualifies as a "retcon".
>>
>>63614977
I much prefer EVA to Gundam, but what you just wrote is utter hogwash and you need to take responsibility for that.

You need to own up to the fact that you were wrong.
>>
>>63614993
Then you're wrong, plain and simple. Even if you claim they're not related, that doesn't matter because that's what those posters assumed due to the starting point of their argument.
>>
>>63614977
You feel more devastated by one episode of Bokurano than you do the entirety of EVA. The ending to EVA isn't even that bad or upsetting. Literally everyone can have what they want if they really want it.

Bokurano ends with trillions of people and countless realities completely consumed by an unfeeling entity that devours entire universes, and forces small children to kill each other for amusement. And everyone dies.
>>
>>63614993
>>63614270
Yeah, you're an idiot who don't understand these movies and what they're about. They're the worst kind of garbage because they're nothing but selfish rewriting of the original, a sort of historical revisionism that aims to distort rather than to clarify and enhance.

The Rebuilds exist because of purely fanboy-related reasons. It's there to make the characters the directors like more popular and nothing else. That's why the Rebuilds have no story more or less three movies in.
>>
Anime is for autistic pedophiles.
>>
>>63615048
>>63615099

Calm down, bud, it's not that big of a deal.

I was just saying it's not exactly a retcon, since from all appearances it's being treated as a continuation or alternate continuity or something.

Not that whatever it's doing is clear to anyone, though.
>>
>>63615268
That's a retcon. Especially since Rebuild starts over.

There are no alternate continuities or continuations of the original. It ended. "End" of Evangelion, remember?
>>
>>63612597
That thing probably telescopes back into the ground.
>>
>>63615268
Sounds like a retcon to me.

>Not that whatever it's doing is clear to anyone, though.
It's clear to everyone, problem is admitting it since it's so bad.

Here:
>The Rebuilds exist because of purely fanboy-related reasons. It's there to make the characters the directors like more popular and nothing else. That's why the Rebuilds have no story more or less three movies in.

So, imagine if George Lucas absolutely loved chewie. But he never saw Chewie get the fame Han Solo or Darth Vader did, not even Boba Fett.

So he decides to remake Star Wars, only now Han Solo is retarded and Darth Vader a weakling, and Chewie is the badass they look up to.
That's what Rebuild is to NGE.
>>
>>63613409
>I don't know that oxygen reflects blue light
>>
>>63614270
>super hype fight scenes
NO.
What made the fights 'hype' in the original was the characters and their internal struggles. Things like Asuka fighting the MP evas was cool because it showed Asuka getting over her mind rape and moving forward as a person. Also the EVAs had weight to them. The new fights are like fucking power ranger fights.
>>
>>63615398
I agree with what you said, except this:

>Things like Asuka fighting the MP evas was cool because it showed Asuka getting over her mind rape and moving forward as a person

Asuka never got over her mind rape or moved forward as a person. She was shit from start to finish, and tried to kill herself. The point of Evangelion is that asuka couldn't save herself and had to be redeemed with third impact. She's only in that EVA because Misato put her there and the EVA by extreme amounts of luck decided to go berserk.
>>
>>63615315

>There are no alternate continuities or continuations of the original.

We're discussing it right now. "Rebuild of Evangelion", remember?

>>63615384

A retcon would like, I dunno... a character wearing one hat in the first movie, then wearing another one in the sequel, except they treat it as if he always wore the second hat.

Which is different from the character wearing one hat in the first, then another in the second, while the story recognizes that there are two different hats.

Again, not trying to defend whatever the quality of the movies are. It's just that they're treated in-story as sequels/continuations, rather than simply "NGE didn't happen, these are canon now".
>>
>>63615572
>We're discussing it right now. "Rebuild of Evangelion", remember?
"Rebuild" is not the original. Remember?
>>
>>63614787
>>63614787
The scene in EVA where shinji bitches about not wanting to get in the robot, is very simmilar to the bright slap.

>>63614977
Top bait, got my autis/m/ going
>>
>>63615572
Then you didn't pay attention. The continuation presented in Rebuild is impossible, no such thing could happen in NGE. It all happened linearly and then ended.

There are dozens of changes like changes to people's names, Yui is no longer named Ikari but Ayanami for instance. The whole backstory is now centered around loops, again which is not present in NGE.

It's a retcon if we are to consider it a sequel.
>>
>>63615629

Yes, it's the sequel/continuation. That's the point.
>>
>>63615572
>A retcon would like, I dunno... a character wearing one hat in the first movie, then wearing another one in the sequel, except they treat it as if he always wore the second hat.

That's exactly what Rebuild is doing if you are to treat it as a sequel.

The story never had looping or resets, but it would appear that through Rebuild and other recent changes to the franchise, they will pretend that it always had.
>>
>>63615756
Refer to >>63615315

It's a retcon and I want to punch you in the face for even trying to say otherwise. You can't force a change as big as Rebuild down the originals throat, contradict everything the original did, and pretend it's not a retcon.

Not ever going to agree with you, and neither will anyone not retarded either.
>>
>>63615572
The only way Rebuild can acknowledge that it's "wearing a new hat", is by admitting it's a retcon. Brilliant logic there moron. Rebuild is a retcon because there were nothing like rebuild within the original 26 episodes or NGE. Rebuild is a repeat, as if time started over again, and that is something entirely alien to the original story. Introducing re-occurring events and reconstructing the entire earth to make that happen is one big fat retcon and there's no way around that.

>yeah, it's as if nothing in NGE never happened here it is all over again lol"

How dumb are you anon?
>>
>>63615687
>>63615763

The point isn't that things are different, it's that there are clear indications that NGE's continuity exists within Rebuild's. Which if nothing else, complicates the matter slightly.

>>63615803
>>63615860

>I want to punch you in the face for even trying to say otherwise

Christ, you people need to calm the fuck down. I'm starting to get why anime discussion is practically taboo here.

Well, besides the fact that we've turned a Star Wars meme thread into a discussion regarding a completely unrelated in any way whatsoever talk about the metas of NGE.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.