[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What made this movie so good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: spot_spilt_cum.png (569 KB, 770x462) Image search: [Google]
spot_spilt_cum.png
569 KB, 770x462
What made this movie so good?
>>
Good? The movie was shit. The comic isn't so bad, but this was literally reddit the movie.
>>
>>63611585
>good
Sorry I'm not a redditor.
>>
>>63611585
It's pretty much the TBBT of movies.

>lol quirky nerd culture, video games XD
>>
>>63611628

As a fan of the comics long before the film was announced, the movie did everything better. Prove me wrong.
>>
Faggot twink
>>
File: mary elizabeth winstead 45tg.jpg (482 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
mary elizabeth winstead 45tg.jpg
482 KB, 1000x1500
Mary Elizabeth
>>
>>63611761
that ass is delicious. more?
>>
>>63611585
It felt unique and was just plain goofy
>>
>>63611805

>"durrr le turn your brain off xD"
>>
>>63611585
this movie was trash, sorry about your terrible taste OP
>>
File: mary e1443547273750.jpg (1 MB, 1021x1500) Image search: [Google]
mary e1443547273750.jpg
1 MB, 1021x1500
>>63611797
top tier legs desu
>>
>>63611761
she looks pretty bad without her make up
>>
>>63611687
>prove me wrong
You're from reddit

There you go champ
>>
>not knowing how a movie staring michael cera could have possibly gotten such high reviews

MEW
>>
>>63611585
It was self-aware enough. Pay attention to background dialogue and you may get a better idea of the ways it affectionately parodies the entire hipster-indie crowd. It has that Edgar Wright touch that is far more irreverent to its subject than its peers. A different writer would not have had the balls to let Scott's character arc conclude with him completely missing the point of Nega-Scott representing the douchey aspects of his personality and befriending him instead. Also, Keiran Culkin stole every scene he was in. I'm convinced he's going to be this generation's Steve Buscemi.
>>
Did Scott Pilgrim come too soon? It was at the time the most reddit release in cinema history so far, yet it underperformed. Now Reddit movies have went full mainstream.
>Lego Movie
>Jurassic World
>Guardians Of The Galaxy
All some of the most successful films of the last couple of years. What happened in the last 5 years? My theory is that the Marvel cinematic universe eased the mainstream into the reddit sensibilities upping the reddit ante with each release so they'd build a taste for it over time, rather than the Pilgrim approach of dropping them right into the reddit deep end.
>>
File: sleep died in.png (59 KB, 390x406) Image search: [Google]
sleep died in.png
59 KB, 390x406
>>63612669
>Reddit movies have went full mainstream.
What do you mean by reddit movies?
>>
>>63612806
When shitty movies stop being self aware, ie.
>lego movie
>jurassic world
>gotg
>star wars
>>
>Reddit: The Movie
>>
File: Capture.png (390 KB, 1272x315) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
390 KB, 1272x315
>>63611585
>>
>>63612806
>What do you mean by reddit movies?
>"fun"
>meme based humor
>full of pop culture references
>Tone too ironic and self aware that the whole thing comes across as some smug joke with zero sincerity
>>
The character Scott Pilgrim is actually an asshole if you actually read the story. Why are we supposed to root for him exactly?
>>
>>63612909
>meme based humor

literally none of you can actually articulate points with using some buzzword.
>>
>>63612910
Love makes you an asshole.
>>
>>63613041
Physical infatuation isn't love
>>
>>63612971
>Movie has dialogue pre-packaged to be repeated on social media services and printed onto merchandise in order to turn the audience into a self sustaining marketing machining, artificially producting a "cult" following.
>not meme inflected cinematic technique.
"Meme" isn't a just a buzzword. It's one of the most relevant terms in art and culture today. We live in a world where the meme is king. Figure out the meme code and you sell whatever you want, make entire nations fall.

I am groot and everything is awesome were pre-packaged memes. If you can't see that then your eyes are closed.
>>
>>63613168
Holy fucking shit your fedora. The internet has ruined your mind.
>>
>>63611585
L I T E R A L Y
I
T U M B L R
E _ E
R _ M O V I E
A _ E
L
L
Y
>>
>>63613304
You're the one spouting buzzwords. Meme is a far more legitimate term than fedora.
>>
>>63611585
Soundtrack
Visuals
Perfect casting(excluding Scott)

I just really don't think we'll ever get a movie that feels this bright again.
>>
>>63613358
Yes but I said you couldn't articulate any point without using the word meme and in your very next statement you said meme like five times.
>>
>>63611585

it's unique.

still not an A+ movie tho
>>
>>63611870
>>63611761
god damn this bitch makes my dick diamonds

shame about her fappening nudes being shit though tbqh
>>
>>63613448
Any opinion expressed about a reddit sensibility movie/game/television show that doesn't address memetics is dishonest or ignorant.
>>
>>63613410
This
>>
>>63612669
Explains why Grand Budapest Hotel was suddenly so much bigger than previous Wes Anderson movies, even though not much different. Very much a reddit meme vibe too

>ayy quirky characters and quick symmetric cuts with lots of pastel colours lmao
>>
File: embarrassed3.jpg (65 KB, 413x413) Image search: [Google]
embarrassed3.jpg
65 KB, 413x413
>>63611585
Couldn't get past the title sequence, fucking cringe.
>>
DUDE NICE GORILLAZ SHIRT YOU EVER LISTEN TO 19-2000 IT'S A PRETTY OBSCURE SONG
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.