[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: htbag.jpg (215 KB, 1000x1363) Image search: [Google]
htbag.jpg
215 KB, 1000x1363
Thoughts on this?
>>
>>63609567
Skeptically downloaded the flick to maybe give it a try. Turns out it's almost 3 hour long. Yeah, gonna have to delete it right away.
>>
shit-tier.
literally.
>>
>>63609718
by literally i mean that they actually eat shit and smear it on themselves.
some would say that it is accurate representation of dark ages, i would say that it is a overgrotesque and total lack of taste.
other flicks of this guy are okay tho.
>>
>coughing
>sneezing
>close ups
>disorienting
>It's an alien planet or something but none of this is explained and I have no idea what's going on
4/10 because it looks kinda cool
>>
A film in which the oblique is rivaled only by the visceral. An abandonment of formal dramaturgy gives way to a hallucinatory fever dream where documentary-style intimacy elicits a Brechtian estrangement: the camera meanders through scenes as a God-figure onto itself, while others peer directly into its lens in acknowledgement of its omnipresence. Each element of the mise-en-scène is clouded in a primordial miasma, rendering the viewing experience a visual feast of the grotesque.
>>
>>63609567

Why were they rubbing shit on their faces and them reacting to it like a drug?

Also why was the man from Earth such a degenerate like the others?

Did this movie have anything to it besides good sets and smearing shit on things? Was there a story somewhere ?
>>
>>63609803
Kill yourself plotbabby
>>
>>63609803
for story read Strugatsky's book. Its kinda good.
Its an alien planet that is overseed by a bunch of scientists that cannot intervene - to get an insight on what happened on our earth. Our earth is communist heaven.
>>
>>63609904

Yeah I know about the book, but there was nothing in the movie to suggest that it was following the books plot beyond earthings visit the planet sometimes and have a good time. The main character was barely distinct from the retarded medieval folk in how gross he was
>>
It is indeed hard to be a god.

-T. a god.
>>
>>63609797
hello letterblackd
>>
genius
>>
>>63609953
Not all adaptations are 1:1 or even should be. Just look at Solaris and Stalker. It's pointless to adapt it for many reasons.
>>
File: 960.jpg (118 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
118 KB, 960x540
Amazing cinema experience. One of the most involving films I've ever seen.

Several people walked out halfway through, fucking saps
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.