[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best film commentary you've ever listened to?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: boogie-nights-1997-movie-poster.jpg (783 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
boogie-nights-1997-movie-poster.jpg
783 KB, 1000x1500
What is the best film commentary you've ever listened to?
>>
>watching film commentary

Yeah, some dickwad screaming over the actual film is actually more entertaining than watching it
>>
>>63608041
Big Trouble in Little China
>>
>>63608041
original star trek movies 2,3,4,6

good stuff
>>
>>63608083
after already watching the movie you spaz
>>
>>63608083
What commentary are you referring to? Its usually just the director/editor/producer talking about the technical stuff surrounding each scene

Best one Ive seen was Roger Eberts commentary on Citizen Kane. Really informative, not just about the movie but film technology in general at the time
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBmcbkxqL6w

Anything Arnold.
>>
>>63608083
It's mostly like a two hour podcast with your favorite director, really interesting and fun.
>>
>>63608192
me
>>63608225
I meant and was assuming OP meant director/writer/producer commentary
>>
>>63608225
Wish I could find a link to this, my blu-ray has some other dude doing the commentary.
>>
As silly as it is, the Willy Wonka Commentary. It's for the 40 year anniversary, and all the kids have grown up and they watch it together and reminisce about shooting it. VERY fun.

Apparently the two little girls fought over who could have Charlie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2pt2-F2j2g
>>
>>63608382

haha that sounds awesome. any gene wilder?
>>
>>63608444
Sadly no, but they do talk about him a good deal. They also talk about the props and stuff, if you've ever wondered what was edible, how things worked.
>>
>>63608041

QTs commentary on Reservoir Dogs is pretty hilarious. .. and when he explains the bit at the end about why orange told white hes a cop before they die is pretty insightful
>>
>>63608960
i bet hes holding it in for the entire commentary
>>
File: conan-the-barbarian-poster.jpg (325 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
conan-the-barbarian-poster.jpg
325 KB, 1000x1500
>>63608041
Conan the Barbarian is unintentionally hilarious. It is clear that Arnold and Milius had not seen the film in ages.
>>
>>63608041
the boogie nights one is terrific.
>>
File: ttrl.jpg (2 MB, 1280x1802) Image search: [Google]
ttrl.jpg
2 MB, 1280x1802
>>
>>63609600
Who does the commentary? Obviously not Malick.
>>
>>63609646

DP, Production Designer, and Producer

Really, really insightful. Also some funny stuff about Terry being Terry.

DP or PD's wife, I forget which, was costume designer on Saving Private Ryan, shooting the same time. Malick, upon hearing this, sent Spielberg a Japanese battle flag. Spielberg sent back a crew jacket.
>>
Dark City. Roger Ebert's commentary is genius.
>>
>>63608041
The Lord of The Rings Extended Edition
Especially the actors, but the other ones are great and informative as well.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.