[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't Luke turn into a puffy monster when Sheev attacked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: luuke.jpg (105 KB, 1600x674) Image search: [Google]
luuke.jpg
105 KB, 1600x674
Why didn't Luke turn into a puffy monster when Sheev attacked him with lightning?
>>
Because Lucas is a hack.

Any inconsistency you notice due to the prequels can all be explained with those 5 words.
>>
>>63603963
Something in the EU probably explains it.

My assumption for the explanation is that Sheev's lightening reflected off of Windu's saber, which in turn caused it to increase in power and have a much more devastating effect on Sheev.

Or some hamfisted shit like that.
>>
>>63604022
What about when Dooku fries Anakin? No scars there either.
>>
>>63604115
Lightsaber power causes it to intensify when it's reflected, would be my guess.
>>
>>63604022

You could also say that his face has always looked like that and he was wearing some kind of disguise that got melted off.
>>
>>63604138
Exactly.

There's a million potential bullshit explanations in this universe, because it has no boundaries set out for it.
>>
>>63604138
This.

I think one explanation was that being SIth had fucked up his face, so he hid it. The lightning then weakened him enough to reveal it. After that point he didnt need to hide anymore.

Would explain why his eyes changed colour too.
>>
>>63604232
>I think one explanation was that being SIth had fucked up his face, so he hid it.

That's been a typical explanation in the EU for a while now. In Knights of the Old Republic II the more you made your character turn to the dark side, the more "corruption" appeared on their face, like some sort of weird Picture of Dorian Grey scenario.
>>
>>63604138
Now that's bullshit. What is wearing some kind of never explained force mask?
>>
>>63603963
sheev used his own life force to avoid getting damaged by his own lightning, thus turning into a shriveled raisin
>>
palpatine wasnt as strong in ROTJ cuz he had a third of vader and palpatine's power
>>
File: 1448492918986.jpg (74 KB, 880x960) Image search: [Google]
1448492918986.jpg
74 KB, 880x960
If want to hear the explanation from EU here it is, basically a dark side user who is strong in the dark side such as a Sith who is on the receiving end of the true force sith lighting is bringing that dark side energy into himself. Basically a sith can not reject the dark side because its what he lives on. Luke was Jedi and he lived on the light side so he was resisting the lighting to some degree. This is why he did not die from it probably.
Sidious was transformed because not only was he being electrocuted but was actively absorbing the dark side power.

I think this probably why he sounds so freaky when he says "hence forth you shall be known as darth vader."

In other words when Siduous took in the Sith force lighting he went super sayain Sith.

I gathered this information from the book Darth Plagueis

Yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 225x225
Using so much of his own power drained his life force. Count Dooku only shot out a few bolts, not a constant stream.

I wish they would have went more into Darth Plageuis and how much of his life force powers Sheev inherited.
>>
Force lightning brings out the true nature of people, for the Emperor, it revealed him to be a monster and for Vader, it revealed that he was good all along. It's as poetic as Luke cutting off the same hand Vader took from him.
>>
>>63604596
That's retarded. He didn't kill Luke because he was trying to torture him to death, and he was interrupted in the middle of it by Vader. Vader was killed because his life support systems were heavily damaged.

I don't even know why Sheev used lightning in the prequels, or dooku. It's a terrible combat ability
>>
>>63604723
>It's a terrible combat ability
It's really effective against light sabers unless your opponent has some weirdly specific one that protects against it.
>>
>>63604741
>weirdly specific one that protects against it.
Both Windu and Obi had it, it doesn't seem so weird.
>>
Why didn't Obi Wans saber reflect Dookus lightning?
Why did Yoda absorb Dookus lightning instead of reflecting it back?
>>
WHY IS STAR WARS SUCH A SHITTY FRANCHISE?

WHY DO SO MANY AUTISTS OBSESS OVER IT?
>>
>>63604022
>Sheev's lightening reflected off of Windu's saber, which in turn caused it to increase in power and have a much more devastating effect
Essentially this. It's not that ridiculous an explanation though.
>>
>>63605270

Think you answered you own question there, mate. Autism.
>>
>>63603963
Because Lucas is a RETARD

Hahaha

RETARD
>>
>>63604022
>something in the EU probably explained it

welcome to Star Wars people. We'll shit a script out in a week and then have some cunt fill in the blanks at a later date.
>>
>>63605270
It's a big franchise
>>
>>63605270
People trying to make sense of it
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.