[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DOC CHICKEN EVERYBODY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: foc.gif (1 MB, 288x225) Image search: [Google]
foc.gif
1 MB, 288x225
DOC CHICKEN EVERYBODY
>>
https://youtu.be/pHfrow5kqnU
>>
>>63594825
>>63595157
I'm a potato.
>>
>>63594825
>>63595178
So you guys just wanna jerk each other off by spouting quotes again or what. I'm always down
>>
>>63595208
Worcestershire sauce
>>
>>63595208
R
>>
>>63595222
Evangelos? Evangelos

>Nice trips
>>
File: Capture.jpg (15 KB, 295x310) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
15 KB, 295x310
>>
File: 1442652156262[1].webm (1 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1442652156262[1].webm
1 MB, 480x360
>>
https://youtu.be/ih7TTjlywbQ

Guys we need to kick it up a notch. Someone grab a few chappelle posters, some Bane? would be nice, maybe some sopranos discussion and to top it off lets sprinkle in equal amounts of complete shit and pictures of peoples faces that compliment your post. Don't invite cunny bro...if I need to satisfy my cunnfu cravings I'll touch my niece again. I'll go ahead and order some dubs too. Feel free to pitch in
>>
Nothing that's been posted in this thread so far is better than The Sopranos. Sopranos was the product of a depressed man who was fed up with television and grew up with European art cinema. The show captured a certain something about humanity, the way we're all in own little worlds with our own self-interests where honest communication hardly ever happens and truths become disguised as lies and these become the norms. Relationships would be slowly destroyed as more and more issues pile up and festered in the character's subconscious. Sopranos had an unmatched understanding of people, the way they talk, act, interact, react, everything. The show went deeper than any other when it came to exploring its main character, how he became the way he was (bringing up themes of determinism), his relationships with his children (the way generations pass and his cognitive dissonance in regards to his attitude towards A.J), his relationship with his wife (probably the most honest portrayal of a marriage in all its ugliness). The show works on a macro level in how it captures the American decline contrasting the optimism of the late 90s to the angst of post-9/11 America. It's a critique of America's culture and materialism that's swallowed up the spiritual ideals the characters spout.

The show was full of existential dread and had this huge focus on human mortality, what's it all worth and the afterlife. Characters would have these fleeting moments of introspection before being inevitably consumed by daily life. Perhaps the show's strongest point was how The Sopranos embraced ambiguity towards these topics already inherently devoid of resolution. The series questions whether these characters can or even want to change in a medium where change isn't allowed. These characters don't change, they refuse to look at all their sins because they couldn't acknowledge that they've led an empty existence. This is unfortunately much more true to life than we'd like to admit.
>>
>>63595445
Not only was The Sopranos devoid of instant gratification, of all the big HBO shows it was arguably the most experimental and formally daring. The show could go through all different kinds of moods organically, perfectly capturing the oneiric nature of dreams that lasted for more than 20 minutes, a comedic to nightmarish episode like Whoever Did This, a supernatural bottle episode like Pine Barrens and an entire final season full of orange hues and filtering consuming the screen, reflecting an impressionistic dreamscape and a subconscious thematic logic dictating the flow of events. A metaphorical and literal coma experience representing Tony's life in stagnation and decay and a beautiful apocalyptic and simultaneously mundane final episode capturing the viewer's unease and the dramatization of death as a concept.
>>
>>63595445
>>63595524
want some ranch, bro?
>>
>>63595289

GET OUT OF THE SHOT
>>
>>63596038
ranch me, brotendo
>>
>>63595445

narcoleptic bro
>>
>>63595445
>>63595524
Do you squirt?
>>
FREDRICK DOUGLAS

NEVER DROPPED AN ALBUM
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.