[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you think of Crimson Peak /tv/? Was it spooky enough?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: crimson_peak_poster.png (144 KB, 646x557) Image search: [Google]
crimson_peak_poster.png
144 KB, 646x557
What did you think of Crimson Peak /tv/?
Was it spooky enough?
>>
Del Tacos worst yet. Visuals were great but it wasnt spooky at all, it was dull and predicatable.
5/10
>>
"its not a ghost story, its a story with a ghost in it" pretty much sums up this boring ass movie
all fuck charlie hunnam and his nonstop shitty acting in everything he does

ghost design was pretty cool though
>>
>>63594128

>its not a ghost story, its a story with a ghost in it

2meta4me
>>
Gorgeous film. Came a little.
>>
this movie is pretty much set to fail because of the expectations. the studio decided to market it as it's halloween spooky movie, when in reality is just a celebration of a style and genre of films long forgotten, just as pacific rim was. removing technical advances (CGI, designs, resources, etc) this exact movies woudn't have looked out of place in their respective times.
of course crimson peak was predictable and with a plain plot, just as pacific rim, because in a world with too much post-modernism, del toro rejects the cynism of this times and embrace the old, updating everything possible without infecting it with all of the modern trends that we are so used to today.
perfect movies? hell no! pacific rim was very flawed, and crimson peak has it's little things, but watching them with the intentions behind them in mind one must admire the work and most of all you can really enjoy the ride.

tl;dr far from perfect, but most likely the negative reaction is more on your own expectations than on the movie itself
>>
>>63593983
It was awful. I made a thread about it yesterday.
>>
>>63594840
This feels like copy pasta but I agree

I left the film and had a conversation with the person I saw it with, and we both felt...disappointed. But not because it was a bad piece of film making, but because it didn't exist to our expectations of what it should have been. We both thought it was going to be more metaphysical, more temporal. The House was a living entity, or they're ghouls, or spectres or something.

I haven't contextualized that in terms of the modern mode of film making is one where those presumptions are always met by the filmmaker. I dunno, makes me kind of want to revisit the film now.
>>
File: Chastain Crimson Peak.webm (3 MB, 1280x689) Image search: [Google]
Chastain Crimson Peak.webm
3 MB, 1280x689
I had an amazing dream of Chastain giving me a tug.
>>
>>63594920
#tuglife
>>
File: guillermo-del-toro.jpg (143 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
guillermo-del-toro.jpg
143 KB, 600x450
>>63593983
Biggest piece of shit by Guillermo del Toro I have ever seen.
Dissappoint
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.