[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else think this show is too god damn noisy? The show by
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: seinfeld.jpg (56 KB, 387x580) Image search: [Google]
seinfeld.jpg
56 KB, 387x580
Anyone else think this show is too god damn noisy? The show by itself is pretty funny, even hilarious sometimes. But almost every good scene is ruined by an almost constant laugh track. I just watched an episode from one of the later seasons, and there are literally people laughing and applauding throughout the entire scene; there wasn't one second where someone wasn't laughing, clapping, or "Woo"ing. I suppose the occasional background music and bass line isn't inherently annoying, but in compound with the near-constant noise from the audience, it just leads to every episode sounding absolutely cluttered with noise
>>
You just have to learn to ignore it. Almost all good sitcoms from that era have it. Frasier and Friends do as well.

I don't think Friends is particularly a very good show but it's regarded as such.
>>
yes

/thread

literally the only flaw with the show is the laugh track

and lack of black people
>>
File: 1449619300567.jpg (106 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
1449619300567.jpg
106 KB, 612x612
>>63591877
>lack of black people
>bad

>>63591815
Its just trends from that time.

>>63591862
Friends is a good show if youre a Normie.
>>
>>63591815
>laugh track
No such thing in the show I'm afraid, my friend. They filmed every single episode in front of a live studio audience, two of which a young me and my father were present for. In "The Money" episode, you can hear my father laughing.

So, technically it is not a laugh track, but real laughing people at true live hilarity.
>>
File: image.jpg (173 KB, 1000x673) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173 KB, 1000x673
I don't get why people still complain about the laughter in Seinfeld. Are you all too young to realise that during that time, certain sitcoms were filmed In front of audiences?

From what I remember, everything post season 2 (or possibly 3) is all in front of a live audience, with very minimal canned laughter. Laugh tracks were only used for taped segments or things filmed on their street sets. The majority of the laughs you hear are actually real.

Why do you think the cast pause after lines to wait for the laughter to die down before continuing? If it was purely a laugh track, they wouldn't be doing that.

For example, Kramer's line in the contest where he says "I'm out", and George pulling out the golf ball in The Marine Biologist has been on record by the cast and crew as some of the biggest studio laughs they ever got.
>>
>>63592069
cool. Still fucking annoying.
>>
>>63591815
r u dumb
>>
>>63592226
she's kind of a hotty
>>
>>63591962

It simply makes new york too unrealistic
>>
>>63592226
didnt k uger guy commit suicide ?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.