[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
88th Academy Awards
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: oscars.jpg (47 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
oscars.jpg
47 KB, 500x250
>The Revenant
>Room
>Steve Jobs
>Creed
>The Hateful Eight
>Joy
>Concussion
>Inside Out
>Bridge of Spies
>The Big Short
>Mad Max Fury Road
>The Martian
>Spotlight
>Carol

Which will be nominated and which will win big?
>>
>>63584613
Oscars are shit, m9
>>
Joy and Concussion got shit reviews, Creed is not the type of movie to get nominated and Steve Jobs bombed. The rest will be nominated for BP

> which will win big?
Movies barely "win big" anymore, only if it's technical category, in the last 3-4 years it's much more balanced in major ones. Anyway, Spotlight is going to win BP, it's a perfect mix of relevant story and fantastic reception
>>
File: 1394784579810.gif (2 MB, 200x133) Image search: [Google]
1394784579810.gif
2 MB, 200x133
>>63584613
>Mad Max Fury Road
>>
>>63584613
Inside Out will get Best Picture.
Big Short will maybe have a couple of noms for the actors (no wins)
Revenant will win stuff like cinematography, supporting actor, director
Mad Max will get visual effects
The Martian will get stuff like Sound Mixing
Bridge of Spies for screenplay
Carol will get best actress
The Danish Girl will get Best Actor
>>
>>63584613
>The Revenant
>Room
>Creed
>The Hateful Eight
>The Big Short
>Mad Max Fury Road
>Spotlight
>Carol

There's your nominess.
>>
>>63584971
jesus this has been a shitty year for middlebrow movies
>>
>>63584959
Nobody from Revenant is getting praise but Leo, where the fuck did you get "supporting" from?

>Big Short will maybe have a couple of noms for the actors
+adapted screenplay and maybe director, people in Hollywood love Mckay for some reason

>Carol will get best actress
Rooney for Supporting yeah, no way Blanchett is winning anything in lead, it's between Ronan and Larson there
>>
>>63584959
>Inside Out will get Best Picture.
It'll get best animated picture and probably won't get nominated outside that. The Oscars is snobby about animated films and figure if they're going to win the other award they don't need recognition in the best picture category.
>Big Short will maybe have a couple of noms for the actors (no wins)
Yeah, few noms but agree it won't win anything. Maybe outside chance at a writing award
>Revenant will win stuff like cinematography, supporting actor, director
Change that to actor, Leo will get the award this year for his body of work
>Mad Max will get visual effects
And editing probably
>The Martian will get stuff like Sound Mixing
Maybe
>Bridge of Spies for screenplay
Nope
>Carol will get best actress
Yep.
>The Danish Girl will get Best Actor
Nah, they rarely give back to backs and Leo's been nominated so many times they will give it to him as an acknowledgement for continually trying. I know O'Toole and Burton were continuously nominated and never won (and were much more talented than Leo) but Leo is very well liked in the industry, they'll give him one.
>>
>>63585025
Every year has its selection of dull, forgettable Oscar fodder.
>>
>>63585081
>Leo is very well liked in the industry, they'll give him one.
Pretty much sums up why this award has zero credibility or value.
>>
>>63585081

>Inside Out wont get best picture

It's the best film of this year
>>
>>63585138
I never suggested it did. You can go over every award for almost every year and come up with a more suitable "winner". That's just the way it will go.
>>
>>63585081
>It'll get best animated picture and probably won't get nominated outside that. The Oscars is snobby about animated films and figure if they're going to win the other award they don't need recognition in the best picture category.

When I think of it, yeah. They know that Inside Out has a decent chance of winning if it ever gets nominated, so they will make sure it won't be. It will just stay on best animated picture and is pretty much guaranteed to win.
>>
>>63585170
I don't think so, even if it is superb, but regardless as ridiculous as it sounds best picture doesn't necessarily go to the "best film", especially if it's an animated film.
>>
Best Picture probably The Big Short or Revenant
Best Foreign Film will be Son of Saul
>>
>>63585203

What was better then?
>>
File: rocky.jpg (107 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
rocky.jpg
107 KB, 1280x720
As long as Stallone wins best supporting i don't give a shit
>>
>>63585240
Carol and Spotlight
>>
>>63585268
I think you can bag that one up. Only other contender I think will be Michael Keaton for Spotlight, especially since he was so close last year.
>>
>>63585268
I hope he does. Pls give that man something, he deserves it.
>>
File: poorleo.png (200 KB, 300x293) Image search: [Google]
poorleo.png
200 KB, 300x293
Post Leo's face when after being the unbackable favourite in the lead up to the Oscars on the night the Academy give Redmayne back to backs.
>>
>>63584959
>Inside Out will get Best Picture
No straight-up kids' or adolescent movie has ever won BP at the Oscars.
>>
>Concussion
>anything but Best Actor which is still implausible

Kek. Itt shit predix
>>
>>63585984
Lord of the rings won though.
>>
>>63585199
was it that good?
>>
>>63584898
Kill yourself pseudo patrician
>>
>>63584613
>The Revenant
Nom: Director
Win: Cinematography, maybe script
>Steve Jobs
Nom: Best lead, best support
>Creed
Nom: Best support, possible win
>The Hateful Eight
Nom: Support, costume, makeup
>Inside Out
win: Best animated
>Bridge of Spies
nom: Screenplay and visual effects
>Mad Max Fury Road
Win: Music, sound editing, visual effects
>Spotlight
win: Screenplay

most are complete guesses since I haven't seen some of them, just basing off reviews.
>>
File: long take.webm (3 MB, 960x406) Image search: [Google]
long take.webm
3 MB, 960x406
Creed will win best picture, calling it now
>>
>>63586235
No.
But it's still pretty liked, people (not /tv/ contrarians) say it's one of the best Pixars, and Pixar cartoons are pretty much the only ones with a decent chance of winning now
Also it's a mediocre year for mainstream movies (and no big Oscar bait), increasing chances for Inside Out.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (7 KB, 285x177) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
7 KB, 285x177
>>63585360
>>63585390
I want Micheal Shannon
>>
>>63586535
I thought that too, not many great movies came out this year.
>>
>>63586190
Not really a full-on kids' movie. It's a little juvenile, but the source material is considered a classic, it has some themes, it's a drama rather than a comedy, and there was a sense that the trilogy was owed something for being such an unprecedentedly vast and complex project. It's not much of a precedent for Inside Out (which I hear is excellent).
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.