[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: crimson_peak_poster.png (144 KB, 646x557) Image search: [Google]
crimson_peak_poster.png
144 KB, 646x557
Thoughts?
>>
>>63581069
Liked it, but there were problems with the characters' behaving rationally. Still, really liked it on the level of Pan's Labyrinth and Devil's Backbone. This is the kind of movie GDT should always be making.
>>
>>63581069
melodrama masquerading as horror.

not good at all.
>>
5/10
>>63581117
it's not really masquerading as anything, there's no premise of horror anywhere
>>
File: 1444302358323.png (104 KB, 306x248) Image search: [Google]
1444302358323.png
104 KB, 306x248
>>63581108
>there were problems with thmane characters' behaving rationally
yeah, this
>there's this shitty old mansion that literally falls and has shit leaks
>I'm gonna move there and live there!
and even if the girl was stupid and naive, why did the brother and the sister also still live there in the first place? they should have had enough money from the previous three scams to buy a better house, and it wouldn't affect their schemes in any way
>>
>>63581069
7/10

I got what I expected, having seen previous works of GDT.

But I can understand the negative reviews
> Let's go see this horrr flick
> 2deep4me
> Not enough jumpscares
>>
File: cushing dress.jpg (282 KB, 1200x1800) Image search: [Google]
cushing dress.jpg
282 KB, 1200x1800
>>63581069
cute
>>
>>63581241
not to mention why did they keep all that damning evidence in a box in their house when they could just burn it.
>>
>>63581269
Wow she is damn ugly, how did they cover up that fact in the movie so well
>>
It was pretty crimson weak
>>
>>63581108
it was shit, did you stick around for the end?
>>63581117
this
>>63581241
this
>>
>>63581347
Yes. It made me happy. Based Charlie Hunnam didn't die.
>>
qt
>>
>>63581137
ok, if you wish to play that game, it was melodrama, and it was shit...just like the babadook.

GDT at his best is great...this is shit.
>>
>>63581069
6/10
ghosts impact the story in no way and the story is painfully predictable
still its a beautiful movie, and the acting is great, the script is a generic and uninspired as it gets but at lest its well written

but i cant help to wonder how much better it would be if it dropped its ghost horror elements and became more of a atmospheric thriller
>>
>>63581117
It never presented itself as horror - it's a Gothic romance.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.