[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
space horror
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: space.jpg (25 KB, 452x300) Image search: [Google]
space.jpg
25 KB, 452x300
I just love me some space/deep ocean horror movies. Post your patrician choice for this genre.
>>
>>63579008

Moon Trap.
>>
A L E I N
>>
>>63579008
Anyone who wants to say "Event Horizon" or "Sphere" need to leave.
>>
>>63579063
but anon I though Event Horizon was fun you fucking faggit
>>
File: 917RXCbADgL._SL1500_[1].jpg (331 KB, 1065x1500) Image search: [Google]
917RXCbADgL._SL1500_[1].jpg
331 KB, 1065x1500
underrated gem tbqh famila
>>
>>63579092
way better than i expected. that ending really caught me off guard
>>
>>63579092
I really liked this one, it's been a long time though, remind me again, do they explain if the hunters were really mutated humans or were actually the planets natives who found the ship?
>>
>>63579086
It's fun, but OP asked for "patrician" movies. EH is a flick at most.
>>
>>63579008
I asked about this genre a few weeks ago, didn't get many answers.

I feel it's an overlooked genre and I'd like to see more of it. Basically there's Alien and then there's Event Horizon. Other than Pandorum, there really isn't much else.
>>
>>63579163
the hunters were released by quaid's character before he went back into cryo sleep. He tried to let them "evolve," and so the strongest ate each other to survive/ate people who were accidentally released from the pods from power failures
>>
>>63579008
>>63579063
Event Horizon and Sphere. Goatses
>>
File: qt grill.jpg (837 KB, 819x1098) Image search: [Google]
qt grill.jpg
837 KB, 819x1098
>>63579092
the girl was really qt
>>
>>63579193
There is no such thing as a patrician space horror film, you fucking wannabe.

OP:
Event Horizon.
>>
>>63579269
>There is no such thing as a patrician space horror film

Alien is a genre-defining movie, you fucking pleb. Much better than "Jump Scare: The Movie."
>>
>>63579269
OP here since you guys just wanna spout your meme words how about I change the question and just ask you faggots to post films that you think were fun instead.
>>
>>63579257
fuck my boner that's the hot girl from man of steel, I knew my penis was after something good.
>>
>>63579163

Yes, they were the original crew mutated. If I remember correctly the crew had been given some minor gene therapy to allow them to adapt to their environment, intended so that they could acclimatise to the planets conditions when they landed. However as they were released early on the ship they all adapted over several generations to conditions on the ship, which apparently made them all super-tough cannibals.
>>
>>63579214
Did you get any good rec then? I would love to get more of this genre.
>>
isn't Alien the only worthwhile movie in this microgenre?
>>
Infini just came out, its okay.
I enjoyed Doom as well, tho its half comedy.
>>
>>63579396
I really liked the scene where the officer, the chick and the buff chink fucking stab that motherfucker roided albino fuck to death with rusted pipes.
>>
>>63579426
eh the last bits are fun and the scene in 1st person is ok 5/10
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.