[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Films that lacked tension
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: John_Wick_TeaserPoster.jpg (36 KB, 280x420) Image search: [Google]
John_Wick_TeaserPoster.jpg
36 KB, 280x420
>greatest hit man ever
>perfect aim and fighting abilities
>headshots almost everyone instantly

Gee im on the edge of my seat.
>>
Well, he's the greatest hitman ever. Of course he's going to be be insanely efficient at his job.
>>
File: CentreAxisRelock.webm (3 MB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
CentreAxisRelock.webm
3 MB, 720x304
but they could have swamped him with their sheer numbers
>>
>>63576277

Yeah and can you believe they had us believe some guy was following him with a camera the entire time? How do they expect me to believe they got the entire story on tape?
>>
Why would you want tension? sounds like a bad thing for a movie to have if you ask me.
>>
>>63576277

>"I didn't even watch the movie"

Well see, there's your problem OP
>>
>>63578222
I did and it got boring fast, there was no struggle, after easily headshotting bad guy number 300 I stopped caring.
>>
>>63578079
>tfw the only way I can watch any movie is to pretend it is reality TV
>>
>>63578273
If there was no struggle then why would he shoot a guy in the head?
>>
>>63576277
He was nearly beaten to death in his house, nearly killed by a fellow assassin in his hotel room, an old bro assassin is hired to kill him, his ex employer is hell bent on offing him...throw in some criminal underground shit and what the fuck is your problem OP.

Also thrown off a balcony.
>>
>>63576277
So each time denis leary was on the roof with the sniper, that meant nothing to you?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-HSoOFdJ3s
best movie/scene combo in a long time tbqhimhofam
>>
>>63578738
song/scene*
>>
He gets his shit kicked in in at least four points in the movie. He would have died due to two of these if his friend who was hired to kill him didn't save him, twice.
>>
>>63576277

It's as if you haven't seen a super hero movie before, anon.
>>
>>63578273
Why do you need a struggle? Can't the visuals and choreography be enough to make the film interesting?
>>
Any capeshit ever
>>
>>63576277

Worst soundtrack ever. How am I supposed to like a movie that unironically uses Marilyn manson?
>>
>>63578273
>"bla bla bla I have ADHD bla bla bla"
>>
File: Ninja_Assasin-06.jpg (276 KB, 1200x797) Image search: [Google]
Ninja_Assasin-06.jpg
276 KB, 1200x797
>>63579353
This.

Not film of the year, but I've seen it 3 times.
It's right up with ninja assassin in my books.
>>
>>63576767
Jim Willy

A mediocre hitman who isn't very good at his job has his dog run over by a car but ultimately forgives the person who did it because he is a well balanced and normal person.
>>
>>63579736

>that tearjerker ending

Gotta say, I wasn't expecting that.
>>
>>63579203
He's autistic and was born after good action movies were considered old hat.

OP is a faggot.
>>
>>63576277
The guy was singlehandedly fighting an army. Even with his supernaturally good aim, all it would take was one well placed bullet and his war would end.
>>
I was very disappointed with John Wick. There were no stakes at all.
>>
>>63581125

I didn't see any vampires. Tell me, Anon, why do they need stakes?
>>
File: jdh63sd.gif (999 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
jdh63sd.gif
999 KB, 500x280
>>63581283
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.