[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
George Lucas appreciation thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: GeorgeLucas.JPG.jpg (59 KB, 709x913) Image search: [Google]
GeorgeLucas.JPG.jpg
59 KB, 709x913
Why is he so based, /tv/ ?
>>
File: 1407770100617.png (537 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1407770100617.png
537 KB, 720x480
>>63568260
he can ruin eveything
>>
>>63568260

from 1970 to 1998 he was. then UNLIMITED POWER AND MONEY drove him insane.
>>
File: george-lucas.jpg (70 KB, 970x509) Image search: [Google]
george-lucas.jpg
70 KB, 970x509
Miss me yet anons?
>>
>>63568260
Does black people scare you that much /pol/?
>>
> George Lucas made Star Wars

this meme needs to die. literally hundreds of talented artists , designers and visionaries did 90% of the work yet get zero credit, George Lucas is such a cunt by not sharing any of the credit it makes me SICK.
>>
>>63568437
This is the first time I've ever seen this image without the words "Eternal Arsenal Thread" at the top.
>>
File: 1449841064021.jpg (99 KB, 659x659) Image search: [Google]
1449841064021.jpg
99 KB, 659x659
>>63568260
POTTERY MAN
>>
His hair is perfect
>>
>>63568697
it's meme tier
>>
The Kingdom
>>
>>63568260
>Made American Graffiti
>Made Indiana Jones
>Made Star Wars
>Sells his company for 4 billion then donates it to charity
based
>>
I give George credit for at least coming up with original ideas for the prequel. The prequels had bad direction really.

Force Awakens appears to just be fan service after fan service, A New Hope reboot featuring cameos from the old cast.
>>
>>63568951
>then donates it to charity

Why would someone do that?
>>
>>63569004
My fears about 7 aswell
>>
>>63569004
star wars and indy took a lot of inspiration from other sci-fi and adventure movies but they made something unique of their own. that look, that feel, that music. even the story structure is very basic but the point of these movies is to really capture the viewer's imagination. the prequels didn't do that, but JJ is trying to. /tv/ will probably hate TFA just because they don't 'get' the point. why do people love star wars in the first place? the cool planets, the cool characters (especially the non-human ones), lightsabers, awesome music, awesome cinematic shots of tatooine, of outer space, it was all wonderful, but /tv/ never really 'gets' anything

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gpXMGit4P8
one of the most amazing scenes in all of cinema
>>
What does he look like behind the beard?
>>
>>63569471
some tax evasion scheme
>>
>>63569937
I love the original trilogy but the new star wars just stinks of fan service.

Despite Lucas' poetry he didn't resort to sticking to the same themes, the prequels are really very different to the original trilogy.

Even though it may not have been executed successfully think about all the different droids, planets, spaceships,character, jedi lore etc. introduced. Using shit like trade agreements and politics for the plot. So many original characters.

George Lucas can come up with ideas and story, he would have made a better producer - but would the merchandising of the prequels have been so successful without him?
>>
>>63570460
They should have had Lucas write the story and edited the dialogue and anything else that was questionable.
>>
>>63569937
Star wars was so successful because it was a massive break from what movies were at the time, which turned out is what a ton of people wanted.

How do you duplicate that?
>>
>>63570659
exactly. while other were doing gritty crime dramas, star wars captured people's imagination.
a movie in 2015 filmed on 70mm about a light-hearted imaginative colorful sci-fi will be a good break from the michael bay posers and overdone uninspired 'capshit' movies and garbage "comedies".
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.