[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was he that bad? Do you ironically enjoy Jar Jar's antics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
Was he that bad? Do you ironically enjoy Jar Jar's antics at this point?
>>
I do Ironically enjoy them.

I fail to see how Lucas thought making him a major character was a good idea
>>
considering most of america is kinda obsessed with those fucking yellow minions things.... Jar Jar and the silly battle driods seem like saints compared to the bullshit of minios and frozen that plagues children today.
>>
>>63560540
He's the only character in Episode 1 with an arc other than "shit happens to him, he reacts"
>>
He's retroactively become funny in a way because of the insanity that went on behind the scenes. "Jar Jar is the key to all this" and such

I lose my shit every time he tells Ahmed Best to do the walk "more jive" and demonstrates
>>
>>63560540
he's the key to all of this
>>
>>63560675
cause he is a funnier character
>>
>>63560540
At this point in the series, yes. I was looking forward to his antics.
>>
>>63560540
I know someone who legit loved Jar Jar because he identified with his clumsiness.

I think Jar Jar is only funny as a meme at this point. We all know he's the worst part of Star Wars and mock him at every opportunity.
>>
>>63560540

He's the most obvious symptom of the insane problems that the Prequels have and serves as a lightning rod for all the hate and angst people feel towards those movies but he himself is not as bad as all the criticism makes it seem, again he isn't so much the problem as what he represents.

In a better movie with a real lead character and a compelling plot he probably would have worked out as being a goofy sidekick alongside the awesome jedi lead character as they worked to thwart some kind of evil plot. Instead because the movie is so goddamn baffling and boring he's the only thing that has any prominence and it's overwhelming and offputting. It's like if you removed Luke and Han from the original trilogy and kept chewie / C3PO they would seem obnoxious as fuck since it's the only thing you can focus on.
>>
I didn't really enjoy his antics but they didn't annoy me either.
>>
>>63560540
He was bad but Jake Lloyd and the writing were worse.

Like, Clones and Sith aren't any better despite Jar Jar being shoved in the corner.
>>
>>63560540
I just finished episode 1 just minutes ago
he's super cringy and I felt the movie would have been better without him
not sure about 2 and 3, about to watch them
>>
>jar jar will never turn out to be a genocidal blood thirsty maniac sith in EP2

That would actually been quite cool plot twist...
>>
I hated him in the prequels but the Clone Wars series sort of made me like him. Of course it was always
>It's a Jar Jar saves the day episode
Which are only a tier higher than
>It's a Nightsisters/Savage Opress Katie Lucas fanfic episode
But his antics there actually warrant an occasional chuckle as he ruins the day by tripping onto a control switch or saves it with a harebrained plan that should have never worked. It's a step up from walking Jive and stepping into shit, just because, and then saying "how rude" because that's his catchphrase.
>>
File: 1440487444978.png (6 KB, 342x245) Image search: [Google]
1440487444978.png
6 KB, 342x245
>>63562460

>those two Windu and Jar Jar episodes
>>
>>63562335
3 is okay, 2 is probably the worst
>>
>>63560540
He was just so fucking distracting, I hated Jar Jar long before I realized everybody him.
I hope Disney replaces him unironically with Goofy. Literally, no change.
>>
>>63563115
>everybody hated him
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.