[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /tv/ like Smallville? Is it worth watching?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
Does /tv/ like Smallville? Is it worth watching?
>>
I skipped Arrow for over two years because of how fucking awful this show made Green Arrow look. Better Supergirl though.
>>
Only if you grew up with it for nostalgia purposes.

Or have a fondness for that era's cheesy soap opera.
>>
>>63557260
I hate that man faced ugly girl on the far left. I didn't even watch the show. Just saw it on TV but she irritated me
>>
The first season was perfect, I almost cried dude.

Same thing with Heroes when it came out.

Shame both turned to shit.
>>
>>63558471
Pretty much this. Only watch if you're nostalgic for cheesy teen drama.
>>
>>63558492
Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>63557260
It's bad. It's like they tried Buffy but with Superman instead. The first season is the height of the series (and isn't even that good). After that, it goes downhill fast.
>>
>>63558561
Come here and suck me faggot. Stop liking man faced girls
>>
>>63558492
Chloe is a saint. Go suck yourself.
>>
>>63557260
Watch till Lex leaves the show. But be prepared, it's CW so it focuses more on teen girl angst type of stories with on again / off again relationships that is in pretty much every CW show.
>>
>>63557260

Chloe is the best girl

I stopped watching it regularly when they killed her, but she was revived later or something
>>
>>63557260
I liked the actors that played clark's parents
>>
this show had top tier bitches. Everyone except Lana was GOAT even Clarks mom was a 7/10
>>
>>63559522
Everyone except the hottest girl on the show... nigga you gay.
>>
>>63558587
>It's bad. It's like they tried Buffy but with Superman instead.
And it was great. I loved Clark vs meteor freak of the week. Chloe was Willow and Pete was Xander. I wanted to fuck Chloe so badly. Lex and his dad were great in the beginning.

There was way too much romance and longing but it's a demographics game. It sucks but it is what it is. They balanced it out with half naked girls every so often.

They went off the rails pretty quickly though. It should have ended with no superman at all. Take Clark, let the luthors, jor-el, and freak of the week fuck up his highschool years with lighter episodes. Give a year or two of cleaning up smallville from meteorite experimentation and luthor snooping, that can be your more mature growth. Then a final season with Superman: Year One.

Having civilization ending threats in the later seasons did not work for this kind of show.
>>
>>63557260
Chloe>Felicity
Green Arrow>Arrow
Lois>Laurel
>>
>>63557260
Just downloaded all 10 seasons (some x265 uploader put them up)

So far I've enjoyed it, mostly for nostalgia reasons as
>>63558471
said, but its pretty comfy.

For some reason to actual adults (john/martha/lionel) are GOAT, but the "teens" are pretty shit in terms of acting (see the ep where lana gets taken over by something and gets all flirty woth clark and gets naked in the pool, clarks actor more or less fucked that scene up horribly)

overall probably 6.5/10, not sure how faithful to the comics it was, dont really care

Alsp: Lana created ISIS, I found that pretty funny
>>
To be honest I enjoyed Smallville a lot. But there were times when it got really shitty and boring. I'll say if you like superman give it a try.
>>
>>63562762
>if you like superman give it a try.

I would think you'd hate it if you liked Superman, considering he wasn't in it.
>>
File: 1435641991896.png (193 KB, 708x520) Image search: [Google]
1435641991896.png
193 KB, 708x520
I'm on season 7 right now, it's pretty much exactly what you would think it is and rarely rises above that. Lex and his dad are probably the best parts.
>>
Micheal Rosenbaum as Lex Luthor was perfect IMO.
>>
>>63562783
I am a superman fan boy and I liked the show. But I know superman fans that don't like this show for the reason you just mentioned.
>>
>>63557260
started Smallville in 2001 until its end. The first five seasons were pretty good. you had some shitty episodes but the first five was excellent. the culmination of Fines arc was bloody marvelous. Season 8 was the worst. Season 9 was mediocre but okay'ish. Season 10 was really bad. All and all, it was okay, 6/10.
>>
>>63562818
Lex's dad is Grodd??
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.