[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Knick Episode thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 563x350) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 563x350
Getting close to the end of the season.
>>
Season 3 never...
>>
How will anon be watching this if he doesn't have Cinemax or whatever obscure network this airs on?
>>
>>63553931
Well, the network is absolute trash and it needs a prestige show to maintain the illusion it's not absolute trash.

Just like Hannibal.
>>
I'm in canada so my package or whatever gives me the channel it's on.
>>
>>63553931

shut your dirty whore mouth
>>
>>63553972
learn to torrent ffs grandma
>>
>>63553858

Is this the best drama on tv now? Filled the void of Mad Men for me, but I haven't watched Saul or Mr. Robot yet.
>>
>>63554044
Definitely one of the top five.
>>
stream?
>>
>>63554044
Currently airing, yeh. I'd the say last two have more engrossing plots but the overall direction/aesthetic/music/acting makes knick GOAT
>>
HERE WE GO
>>
So this is the Nicaragua 1894 piece of music that showed up on the season two soundtrack.
>>
Thack without the mustache looks weird.
>>
File: 1444654884979.gif (1 MB, 184x141) Image search: [Google]
1444654884979.gif
1 MB, 184x141
Based Thack using ancient Egyptian medicine

I love this show
>>
File: nw2Cg.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
nw2Cg.gif
2 MB, 320x240
kek, get fucked Barrow
>>
That was a great episode
>>
>>63553858

>its a jim norton episode
>>
What happened to Lucy's dad and what did she inject in him?
>>
So can we all agree Henry is behind the inspectors murder and burned the building ?
>>
Gallinger confirmed for charismatic villain, who everyone thinks is an asshole, but is still likable.
>>
>thack dying from drug addiction
>Edwards eye is probably fucked and won't be able to be a doctor anymore
>new knick building burned down
>barrow keked beyond recognition

So looks like everyone is gonna have a bad end of season other than slut nurse and Everett "The Aryan Menace" Gallinger..
>>
>>63555816
Stroke at a bondage session
Poison
>>
>watching knick
Hello reddit fag
>>
Nurse Elkins confirmed for Queen of the Fedoras.
>>
>keeping your documents in the same bank
Wew lad
>>
How did Thackery handle that surgery while conscious? Did Slut nurse inject her dad with poison?

>you'll never have heated sex over beating a nigger
>>
>Thack always brought up certain promise/oath whenever he was in deep shit with the board of directors from the Knick
>turns out he literally saved Henry's and Neely's father, and he was that introduced him into it the Knick

I really doubt he was guilty of the whole shit passengers, class upgrading scheme to avoid trouble in the shipments.
>>
>>63556243
That was the dude who jumped , fuck I'm slow
>>
How can Gallinger be so based
>>
>>63556298
The voice and laughter in the final scene gave it away.
>>
>>63555817

Barrow burned the new Knick, obviously.

>>63556053

Local anesthetic, anon.
>>
>>63556742
Why burn it though ?
>>
fucking hell this show is good
>>
>>63556803

So he can skim money off the continued construction like the slimy fucking leech he is
>>
>>63556902
What a cheeky cunt, how long can he keep up this pace before someone kills or arrests him?
>>
>>63556803
the son guy did the burning not Barrow

son guy wanted to kill wife who wouldn't support him and dad he lost all respect for, so now son can remarry and be rich too
>>
>>63556803
New place, new materials, new investments = husterls money for Barrows whore ex wife.

Seriously, Barrows is the worst jew out of all the jews that have been portrayed, he is at another plateau of being a scumbag piece of shit.
I wouldn't be surprised he burns down his ex wives house along his kids, simply because they are a nuisance.
>>
>>63554110
The soundtrack is bretty gud
>>
>>63553858
I have a hard time buying that manlet nigger could beat Gallinger in a fight. Said afterwards gallinger cheap shotted him because he figured algernon knew how to fight/win.
>>
>>63556953

Your guess is as good as mine, frankly I'm surprised he's not already dead.
>>
Gallinger is my husbando
>>
File: 1448356961837.jpg (8 KB, 313x161) Image search: [Google]
1448356961837.jpg
8 KB, 313x161
I heard the token nigger is unbearable. Still worth a watch?
>>
>>63557661
if you think like that you probably don't enjoy anything artistic since high art was not created for the narrow, conservative mindset
>>
File: 1449442984744.jpg (32 KB, 324x416) Image search: [Google]
1449442984744.jpg
32 KB, 324x416
>>63557680
>caring about the presence of blatant pandering or historical accuracy means I can't enjoy drama or "high art" according to you.
Sick bait
>>
anyone download the 0sec 720p? Is it playable/cut off at the end?
>>
>>63557772
the show doesn't pander at all

maybe you're one of the rare intelligent racists, but most anons like you get instantly triggered at the sight of a black person and assume it's pandering, like the political opposite of a SJW but just as bad

even the last episode had a completely positive portrayal of eugenics
>>
>>63557847
The only reason I asked was way back when the show aired some anons were trashing an allegedly bullshit black character that didn't fit the time period at all concerning his status.
>>
>>63557808
I watched it and it's fine. I didn't watch the whole credits but the whole show is there. I did see that the Fleet 480p cuts off some of the beginning.
>>
>>63557922
thank you my friend, I will download. And congrats on the dubs. God bless.
>>
>>63557896
he got trained in Europe and Thackery (the main character who is the chief surgeon) is all about the cutting edge and wild experiments so he didn't really care about skin color, just for whoever is insane and skilled enough to work for him

algernon (black doctor) still regularly gets BTFO over his skin color
>>
>>63558005
Ah well /tv/ will /tv/
I just started the first episode.
These shots and practical effects are great. Shouldn't have been eating when I started.
>>
Holy shit. That was the most heart attacking and breaking thing ever. RIP Captain, you were a truly great man My money's on Henry, but it's really a coinflip between him and Barrow. But Henry would be a great twist plus it really seemed like the Captain was being honest, also Henry had been talking shit to Neely about him for a while.
>>
>>63558192
I feel like Captain committed suicide though. That jump would've been very easy to survive unless you try to land on your head. You could easily escape with no injuries as well by using the ladder to slow your fall even if you couldn't climb down it. You'd angle yourself to fall down the ladder and try to grab the rungs, while your feet also hit the bottom rungs which will absorb some kinetic energy and slow acceleration. He definitely panicked and chose an easy way out.
>>
>>63558057

>These shots and practical effects are great.

They just get better as the show goes on, too.

Enjoy, anon.
>>
>>63558285
I really don't think so. The revelation that the Captain was actually a pretty great human being all along and then immediately getting engulfed in hellfire is right in line with what this show is about.
>>
>>63558837
How?
>>
>>63558896
I admit I could be off base on this, but thinking back I can't seem to recall any Captain Robertson appearance that would contradict the notion that he was overall a genuinely good person. Based on the shows themes and his association with terrible people (specifically Barrow and Showalter), I had a natural negative association with his character and didn't think much of him. The speech to Opal last episode coupled with his perceived indignation and hurt at being accused of crimes he didn't commit by his daughter make me think he's an actually honest person. Well executed and particularly brutal twists are this show's signature, and discovering Robertson is someone we should have been championing all along just as he gets swallowed up by Hell would fit perfectly.
>>
Man I love this show it definitely needs more recognition. Costume and set design, soundtrack, directing, cinematography and characters are all top notch.

Cleary, Bertie and Edwards are my favs especially. And I'm glad those twins at least got a happy ending.
>>
>>63556975
the son isnt married to his sister
>>
so in s2ep8 how did the sphyillius chick die?
>>
>>63559128
Yeah but the dude basically committed suicide. Why do that if you're innocent? He could've easily survived even if he chose to execute the 2 story fall with zero skill or planning at all.
>>
File: arefgs.png (774 KB, 1107x603) Image search: [Google]
arefgs.png
774 KB, 1107x603
>You shook the very fingers I begged him to slip inside of me
Absolutely based. Although I'm a little confused as to whether she straight up killed Pastor Elkins or just gave him some drugs to conflict with his morals

Also, who do you think started the fire? My first guess is Barrow to halt the hospital production so he doesn't have to pay off his ex wife, but if it was actually Henry who payed off the people to let the sick people in second class, then maybe he would go as far as to kill his father to hide it. I'm not sure if he meant to get Cornelia too, but it's a little too convenient that Henry wasn't in the hospital when it went up in flames.

Also I'm losing respect for based Barrow at how little he seems to care for his kids. His wife seems to be a gold digger so I'm not too fussed, but him not caring about his own children being taken out of school and barely getting by is very cold.
>>
>>63559376
injected herself with something that would kill her prior to the operation
>>
>>63559398
I dont know whats up with the drugs in this show. I guess we gotta wait and see what happens
>>
>>63559398
I feel like Henry being the arsonist is gonna be the big twist.

Also if the show doesn't get renewed for S3 are they gonna somehow tie up loose ends for the final episode next week?
>>
>>63559376
She took a drug to calm her anxiety before the surgery and the drug reacted badly with what the surgeons gave her
>>63559398
Pretty sure she murdered him. As for Barrow, it is odd, but I guess in today's era he would probably choose to remain childless. But condoms were perceived as immoral then and generally only for banging hookers, so it's not like you're going to use birth control when having sex with your wife. Children were just a natural product of that.
>>
>>63559395
I can rationalize him not wanting to make that jump with how old he is and other stuff. I could be wrong but I don't think so.
>>
>>63559467
He could've easily broken his fall with the ladder, even without trying to grab onto a rung. Dude straight up committed suicide, he took a much bigger fall from the side of the building than down to 2 floors below inside.
>>
i hope clearly has a happy ending because he is coolest
>>
>>63559398
I think she gave him an overdose of heroin, I don't know if she exactly wanted him to die. But that was an incredible scene, I really feel like Eve Hewson justified her spot on the show there. Also my money's on Henry, it's a great twist.
>>
>>63559451
>I feel like Henry being the arsonist is gonna be the big twist.
I think it might be too but I hope it's not just because I really liked his character, seemed to be one of the few with good intentions.

>Pretty sure she murdered him
Seems to be the case, although I found that to be a little over the top for Lucy's newfound moral nihilism. I can definitely understand her wanting some kind of emancipation from the morals her dad placed on her, but it takes a bit more than realizing that most 1900's era morals are arbitrary to become a murderer, especially patricide.

>>63559557
I hope he and Harriet get together, I like both of them and I want her to stop being mean to him, it's not like he kept going when she pulled back.
>>
>>63559529
Ok, we don't know how high it was, Cornelia was clearly hurt from falling off the bottom after Captain was hanging it down, he's probably mid sixties or older, had adrenaline going through his body, didn't realize how quickly the fire was coming, and jumped off the side to die fast rather than burn alive.
>>
Why do I feel like this show is going to end with Thack dying?
>>
>>63559653
naw he wont die. hes probably gonna medicate himself and find a way
>>
>>63559623
She wasn't hurt, she stumbled and fell on landing because of her heavy and cumbersome outfit.

Captain could've easily survived by breaking his fall with the ladder. Look, rewatch the scene. If you don't see that as a survivable fall, especially given the ladder leaning against the wall, then you better hope you never find yourself in a burning building.
>>
>>63559720
To be fair, he's in his 50's-60's. For all he knows he could have shattered his legs with the fall and ended up burning alive anyway.
>>
>>63559720
I did rewatch the scene, and I probably would have taken the jump, but I'm not sixty. And Neely is hurt by the fall. Also after he turns away he is still looking for a way out but the fire has already engulfed the whole floor.
>>
>>63559720
he's in his 60s 1901
>>
>>63553858
>Gore: The Series

That and nigger SJW bullshit kept me from watching this season. I could barely get through the first season with that nigger shit.
>>
>>63559695
They said his intestines were all plagued by necrosis. His shits fucked up. He's gonna die.

Also why did they go to the jew doctor instead of operate in their own theater?
>>
>>63560545
His instrument.
>>
>>63560545
Algie already offered surgical options to treat it though. Only real reason it would kill him is if his alternative fails and he wants it to kill him.
>>
>>63560545
they only confirmed through dialog that one section was ischemic, which is close to but not necessarily necrotic
>>
File: 1448407410818.png (94 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
1448407410818.png
94 KB, 396x385
>hannibal aired fridays at 10
>the knick airs fridays at 10
>both are getting canceled early

i dont get it, why fork over all the money for a period drama when you have soderbergh directing every episode just to put it on the worst time possible?

also who started the fire, barrow or the brother
>>
so which common procedure will thack invent to save himself
>>
>>63560844
dumb frogposter
>>
>>63561004
Thanks for contributing to the thread
>>
>>63561049
I have plenty already you frogposting retard, you don't even understand premium channel airtime dynamics. You probably don't even know that Cinemax is owned by HBO. If you want to post your frogs, go back to R9K, otherwise post a relevant image or stop being an attention whore.
>>
>>63561089
why should i let my 2 gig pepe folder go to waste?

And because its owned by HBO they will cancel it because the viewers arent living up to the cost per episode, which is the highest on period dramas with large casts. Why air it at the worst possible time slot?
>>
>>63561172
Go on, suggest your ideal time slot for when it should air.
>>
>>63556298
>>63556607

what dude are you nignos talking about?
>>
Maybe Neely's husband set the fire?

And this show isn't getting cancelled, stop worrying about it.
>>
>>63554310
>your face when egyptyan drank beers they got tetracycline from it probably explaining the myth of their medicine.
>how beer changed the world.avi
>>
>>63556803
so they don't have to build new sets
>>
>>63561215
any evening that isnt friday or saturday
>>
it couldn't have been barrow, The Robertsons nor anyone in the board would want to spend more money, they already hired a new guy that could finish the job quicker and cheaper, burning the whole place would accomplish nothing because they wont try to rebuilt it.
>>
>>63561271
cornelias father, the guy who jumped from the firey building in the last scene was the guy thack saved in the opening scene in south america
>>
>>63561561
I'm sure they have insurance

everybody wins
>>
>>63561535
retard
>>
barrow best get the chinaman to kill his exwife
>>
File: 1448967992976.png (798 KB, 736x748) Image search: [Google]
1448967992976.png
798 KB, 736x748
>tfw they won't let Gallinger win and Edwards will pull off some gay revenge stunt
>>
>>63561615
Barrow can't afford shit
>>
>>63561599
are you stupid? Theres a reason networks dont air any of their most backed shows on saturday or friday, normies go out and dont bother watching tv
>>
Knick is better than anything on HBO
>>
>>63561679
>thinking premium channels operate the same as networks

How do you even function in day-to-day life? Oh yeah I'm sure The Knick would do better on a weekday. Never mind the fact that ratings don't matter as much since the channel isn't ad supported, as long as people eventually watch it and decide it's worth keeping the subscription for, ratings are irrelevant.
>>
>>63561679

Cinemax's demographic isn't the same as HBO's you moron. They air all their original shows on Friday.
>>
>>63561795
Well Cinemax airing on Sundays would be dumb because then they would be competing against themselves (HBO) and Showtime. And Starz already occupies Saturday nights and has for a while.

Cinemax is a very nascent premium network for original programming; Friday is the least crowded day of the week for it to air on. People who don't go out can watch it live, others can get it on demand, via MAXGO or find one of the regular reruns that occur on a schedule basis at a time that suits them.
>>
>>63560396
>thin skinned racist can't deal with gore
>>
>>63560396
>SJW bullshit
you literally havent seen a single episode
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-12-12-21h03m36s213.jpg (144 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-12-12-21h03m36s213.jpg
144 KB, 1280x720
>>
File: LEFT EYE.webm (267 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
LEFT EYE.webm
267 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>63553972
Cinemax is free when you get HBO just like you get Starz with Showtime.
>>
>>63555843
>cute ass wife goes crazy
>have a spare
>>
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>63561321
Barrow set the fire, dumbass. He's prolonging the construction so that he can keep skimming.
>>
>>63563390
Fucking Irish flag in the background. What does this symbolize?
>>
>>63560844
The Knick isn't getting renewed?
>>
GOAT episode tbqh
>dat lucy scene
>dem flashbacks
>gallenger BTFOs edwards
>barrow's wife BTFOs barrow
>Thack is fuckin dying
>The Knick just burned down
>>
>>63555970
I would like to know, what shows you DONT concider reddit...
>>
This is the best thing that ever happened on television when cinematography is considered. All these long takes, the GOAT lighting , it's just beautiful.
>>
>>63564155

the attention to costume and set detail coupled with the lighting, colour and cinematography make for a truly amazing piece of television

and that's without addressing the acting, casting, and general plot
>>
>>63563773

I'm just speculating, but the ratings continue to underwhelm, and the plot lines feel as though they're concluding. I can't see what would sustain a third series at this stage.
>>
>>63564534
How come all the best period dramas die after two seasons (Rome, Deadwood, The Knick), but shit like Downton Abbey goes on forever?

Makes me mad.
>>
>>63563433
Irish are potato niggers.
>>
>>63559529
That fall could have incapacitated him so he dies from burning alive in an inferno instead of from suddenly from a large fall. Guess he thought the odds weren't worth trying.
>>
how will sjw cunt feel when she realizes her last conversation with her father was her falsely accusing him of murder and causing mass death for personal profit?
>>
>>63565676
Dude, he dove into the fire because he was guilty.
>>
>>63565676
To be fair she seems to have gotten faked out by Henry.
>>
>>63565676
more BLACKED sessions
>>
How does Thack expect to cure "necrosis" aka dead tissue ?
>>
>>63566070
Thack wants to die.
>>
>wake up
>see this

What do?
>>
>>63566342
I have a non-degenerate gf nurse I don't want your half assed hand job
>>
Clarence fucking Darrow over here.
>>
File: the-knick-chris-sullivan-7.jpg (1 MB, 3000x2073) Image search: [Google]
the-knick-chris-sullivan-7.jpg
1 MB, 3000x2073
>>63566116
I think he doesn't care if he dies or not so he's going to use himself as a guinea pig to make new discoveries.

Who else was pissed that Harriet dissed the best character?
>>
>>63567242
She's trying to turn him away with harsh language, because deep down she wants the d.
>>
>>63567284
True. She's still a cunt.
>>
>It's a my daughter's a slut and now she's going to kill me episode
>>
Who is the person in the confession box in the preview for the next episode ?
>>
>>63555509
hehe yeah that's some nice film why don't you go stick it up your girlfriend's nose or sumpin'
>>
>>63563390
I was surprised how truly monstrous he looked in this scene.
>>
>>63567310
Way too harsh. Her entire identity is based around celibacy, not to mention the skewed thinking about relationships back then. It's obvious she loves Cleary too, it's just a matter of getting over herself.
>>
File: Luff.png (719 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Luff.png
719 KB, 1366x768
>>63555509
>It's a Tom Papa episode
>>
This was probably the most sadistic episode of any TV program ever
>>
>>63569710
Amen. I thought last week's was bad, but if the Captain is absolved from his crimes then I think it's the most brutal twist this show has ever done, which is saying something.
>>
>>63553994
Fargo stinks to arse. The Knick rules.
>>
Why did Gallinger fuck his wife's sister after beating Algie?
>>
>>63572136
Hate boner
>>
>>63572136
Cause she's from a good stock
>>
>Another cheap shot

Fucking game on, Gallinger
>>
who /stupid nigger/ here
this show is the best on tv right now right after izombie
>>
>>63572283
>You're as dumb as you think I think you are
Still my favorite line of the season. I wish we hadn't been introduced to Edward's wife so we could have had more Gallinger/Edwards interactions.
>>
Is Thack going to die? ;_; Will Gallinger and Edwards ever be friends?
>>
>>63572470
no, he's going to cure himself because he's really smurt and ppl are gunna b liek zomg thack u r amazeballs only surgery could have fix'd dat because it's 1901 and people have no idea how the body werks or how amazing it is at repairing damage once you remove the thing causing the damage and give it time

trust me i'm a quack
>>
>>63572749
maybe they could do a show where he's like 80 and living in der fatterland teaching mengele
>>
The real villain of this show finally revealed himself this episode and his name is Henry Robertson.
>>
>>63572836
he's a good goy
he dindu nuffin
he jus tryin ta get his fortune together
>>
>>63572836
If Cornelia dies, her father in law puls the plug so murdering her does not make much sense for him..

That's why I think it was Barrow
>>
>>63566342
Get me some of that Golden Lotus.
>>
File: The.Knick.S02E09.00:49:29.jpg (347 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
The.Knick.S02E09.00:49:29.jpg
347 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>63555970
>not watching The Knick
Hello Reddit! How are you enjoying Big Bang Theory?
>>
>>63573073

i don't get why he didn't just jump down after his daughter, 20 feet isn't that high you will break a leg or two but you have your daughter to help you out
>>
File: 1449444488420.png (145 KB, 509x368) Image search: [Google]
1449444488420.png
145 KB, 509x368
>>63561172
>tfw no Season 3 of ROME
>>
>>63573232
>his weak high society daughter will be able to get her injured elderly father down several stories in the middle of an inferno
He did it so she could get out.
>>
>>63572136
Adrenaline rush after beating an inferior being
>>
>>63569462

>what is this

>ITS CELLULOID GREGGORY! I HAVE A WHOLE WAREHOUSE OF THEM AT TEDS CELLUOID WAREHOUSE!
>>
IT WAS HENRY AND I CAN PROVE IT!
Henry loves filming shit with his camera and at the time celluloid was the material used to film shit, the fire started quickly and burned everything on its path in no time, celluloid is known for extremely dangerous when paired with fire because it will ignite like Satan's asshole
>>
>>63573644
No wonder they kept mentioning celluloid
>>
>tfw you subbed to cine just for this and now it won't be coming back

Oh well, banshee is a lot of dumb fun, so I guess there's that.

I'm all in on Henry as the arsonist, Barrow only has balls for gambling not action. No Rose will let up with Cleary but we won't see 'em do it onscreen.

Is it wrong that Elkin's monologue turned me on a ton? I don't think so.

Do we know why Barrow hates his wife? Was there something she did in the first season? I mean she's not hot, but otherwise it seems like he's been acting out against her unprovoked. Also, were there no laws about child support or alimony at all back then? Strikes me that that society wouldn't let him get away with what he's doing without some sort of repurcussion unless she somehow wronged him. Its not like she Constructively abandoned him. It seems like he just woke up one day and said "lol fuck my family i'll marry a whore" and no one noticed.
>>
>>63574430
yeah I found that odd too, specially on a society that values reputation and stability so much
>>
>>63574430
The fact that Barrow's punishing his kids in order to punish her kinda makes him the asshole here.
>>
>>63573644
He's too progressive to be evil.
>>
>>63574430
>>tfw you subbed to cine just for this and now it won't be coming back
H-has it really been confirmed or are you guys just trying to depress me?
>>
I didn't even realize Henry was Cornelia's brother until like two episodes ago (that, or I'd simply forgotten). The two have no relationship. Did they even have any scenes together before the latter half of this season?
>>
>>63574849
Yes. You just weren't paying attention. Can't blame you, Cornelia is boring as hell when she's not with the based jew health inspector.
>>
who is the best character of The Knick and why is it Gallinger?
>>
>>63575501
its me. I am a character in the show.
>>
This show is not going anywhere

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-president-obama-favorite-tv-show-the-knick-20151209-story.html
>>
first the smallpoxx in the jungle
then importing diseased immigrants
the captain truly was an evil man
>>
>>63573232
I was actually thinking about this last night.

Dad could have used the ladder to break his fall, by either getting his daughter to prop it up against the wall and have him jump up on it--OR jump down with the ladder being verticle and let come what may after that.
>>
>>63575605
Is Obama the most patrician president ever?
>>
>>63575695
>Is Obama the most patrician president ever?

He only likes it because of the racial politics. He probably sees himself as Dr. Algernon Henry (ie smart black guy that the white man is trying to keep). Obama is pathetically predictable.
>>
>>63575988

keep down*
>>
>>63561574

That was such an obvious part of the episode, though. It wasn't a plot twist or anything. In the first scene of the episode the crates thack passes when he's in south america clearly say "ROBERTSON" on them.
>>
>>63573644
Another clue pointing to Henry is he has been planting seeds of doubt about the Captain in Neely's mind since the beginning.
>>
It's possible he didn't know about the infected being let through customs. And it's possible he didn't know about the smallpox blankets.

But he coincidentally gets accused of both of these infractions? Come on.
>>
>>63574829
I think people are feigning insider industry knowledge when they talk about the future of this show. It's far and away the best show on television and Soderbergh is obviously passionate about it and bang seasons out both quickly and on the cheap. If HBO cancels it after renewing the fucking Leftovers then we are truly living in Hell.
>>
>>63576572
it doesn't even air on HBO
>>
>>63576570
The ambiguity is beautiful. On the one hand Nicaragua draws a direct parallel to current events like you said, but on the other hand nothing on the show directly contradicts the idea that he's a good and honest person if you take him at his word. I think him being a good person all along is more in line with the type of elegant tragedy that the show does so well.
>>
>>63576606
HBO owns Cinemax. If they snuff out their best show after tucking it away from their main channel then I might be done with them.
>>
File: Knick at Night.webm (3 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Knick at Night.webm
3 MB, 1024x576
>>>/wsg/862392
bump
>>
Surely you guys know who burned the building right?
it was the Jews
>>
>>63569655
this

if she really disliked him so much, she would've left his apartment after he propositioned her
>>
>>63574849
I thought they were husband and wife or something. It being a wife that confronts a step dad made more sense to me.
>>
>>63575605
The only reason I'm not filled with complete self loathing for being guilt tripped into voting for him in '08
>>
>Liking Gallinger

He's like literally a horrible person, I hope he get's btfo in the finale.
>>
>tfw Bertie is the only one making this season out alive .
>>
>>63578366
He's gotten away with Eugenics, his crazy wife didn't poison the cop, who can stop him now?
>>
>>63578553
but why didnt she
>>
File: Lucy's heart.webm (3 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
Lucy's heart.webm
3 MB, 1024x576
>>
>>63574598
Well, yeah, obviously. But why is he doing it? I mean he's not just like "my family is unfulfilling, i wanna leave them for this hooker" he's like "FUCK my family! I want them to have NOTHING AT ALL those ruinous pieces of SHIT. Also, i'll shack up with a ho."

I mean what prompted his absolute cold disdain for his fucking kids? It just seems so unusual that he'd completely abandon them on a whim.
>>
File: tea time.webm (3 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
tea time.webm
3 MB, 720x404
>>63578839
I guess she wanted to be a good wife, and the inspector didn't pull all her teeth out and disfigure her for life.
>>
>>63559398
Reminds me of a scene from a game like the doctor in MGS5 or Bioshock. If he got an overdose of heroin that's pretty legit.

I want to see Gallenger somehow end up in WW1 and get introduced to Hitler. They could be good friends.
>>
Has Gallenger officially crossed the line yet in your opinion. /tv/?
>>
Gallinger is a cartoonishly evil "white devil" character.

I hope they get more and more zany-evil shenanigans out of him.
>>
>>63578553
That reminds me of something, the cop said the doctor sons confessed the crime, but later he says the killed themselves before being caught, how could they confess the crime if they were never caught?
dunno if plot-hole or just me being retarded
>>
>>63579435
You don't get away with calling someone a nigger and not having your shit fucked up.
>>
>>63579445
He quickly escalated his villainy this season. ast season he was misunderstood and a victim of circumstance but now he's deliberately crossing lines. Nearly every character is this season (Lucy murdering her father and Barrow being taken in by his whores ruse)
>>
>>63565008

HOUL' ON THER
*drinks Guinness*
SO YER LIKE
*plays hurling*
SO WER ALL BEIN
*goes to confession*
DER ALL LIKE
*beats wife*
WER GONNA LIKE
*fails rebellion*
WER LIKE DEM BLACKIES OR SUMMIN
*dies of famine*
>>
The buildup to Gallengers cheap shot was so good. You could really tell Edwards has reached his limit with with him, and physically reprimanding him was his only recourse left. The shot of him calmly getting ready for a fight was so good.
>>
File: 85915-Wendell-Pierce-gif-lWN2.gif (486 KB, 346x201) Image search: [Google]
85915-Wendell-Pierce-gif-lWN2.gif
486 KB, 346x201
>>63579517
Sure thing, nigger.
>>
>>63579585
kek
>>
>>63579609
I agree. Him quietly rolling up his sleeves was really good. His look was great, it said "We knew it'd come to this and we've been putting it off for long enough"
>>
>>63579585
my ancestors are raging in the back of my head but i'm smiling and laughing
>>
>Galinger
>Avoid murder charge
>Drop stupid, crazy wife in loony bin after having sex with her.
>Get with much hotter, younger sister and fuck everywhere especially after beating a nigger
>Everyone love that eurgenics shit

All good but easily can be stopped via:
>Crazy wife pregnant with a presumably crazy baby.
>>
>>63575605
I find it odd that obama is watching this show with all the sex
>>
File: Bravo.webm (1018 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Bravo.webm
1018 KB, 1280x720
>>63579585
Read it in Cleary's voice, well done anon.
>>
>>63579763
You are now Edwards, /tv/. How do you settle things with Gallenger? Keep in mind beating him in a fistfight is extremely shallow seeing how its clearly established Edwards is a better fighter.
>>
>>63579841
I'd go full BLACKED on his wife and show her the superior BBC
>>
>>63559398
>cheets and rats his way out of debts and theft, leaves his wife for trash pimp pussy
>based Barrow
>omg how little he seems to care for his kids
>losing respect
>>
File: 1423526530319.jpg (39 KB, 472x645) Image search: [Google]
1423526530319.jpg
39 KB, 472x645
>Nurse Elkins accent
>>
>>63580159
in his defense his wife was already trash pussy.
>>
>>63580235
Every line her and Cornelia reads sounds so beautiful
>>
>>63580264
The absolute disdain for his wife came rather abruptly imo. I'm fairly sure what Barrow is doing was commonplace at the time, but why must he be so vile about going at it? He's leaving his wife for another woman. Why does he have to be all villainy about doing so?
>>
File: 1331616661804.jpg (24 KB, 212x327) Image search: [Google]
1331616661804.jpg
24 KB, 212x327
>elkins telling her father "you shook the very fingers i begged him to put inside me"
>>
>you will never fuck a girl with liquid cocaine on your dick
>>
>>63580872
I might of had the opportunity when I used to sell coke back in school. I was getting sorta close to this girl who liked it, but I was too much of a pussy to hook up with her because she was a huge party girl who went to clubs with god tier looking guys.
>>
>>63561618
good, gallinger annoying as fuck
>>
>>63582938
tumblr triggered af
>>
File: cry happy tears.webm (1 MB, 368x208) Image search: [Google]
cry happy tears.webm
1 MB, 368x208
>>63559280
>And I'm glad those twins at least got a happy ending.
>>
>>63583279
>tfw Thack wasn't there to say goodbye
>>
Why would Henry try to kill his father and sister? He seems like such a nice guy.
>>
He was the one behind the shady port business. He was the one who called for the meeting, so he knew that they'd both be there. The only two peeps who know about the shady port business.

Just covering tracks - gotta make dat money.
>>
WHEN THE FUCK DID SEASON 2 STARTED? WHY THE FUCK AM I HEARING IT NOW?AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
File: 1366821166623.jpg (15 KB, 563x364) Image search: [Google]
1366821166623.jpg
15 KB, 563x364
>>63583279
>there was once a time where you could pay to have two qt3.14 lolis make out with each other and fuck them
>tfw born too late
>>
>>63584401
It started the same time of year it did last time bro.
>>
>>63584456
>implying child sex slavery is a thing of the past
>>
>>63584536
It's not exactly as easily accessible anymore, now is it?
>>
>>63584536
in a first world country it is, who gives a fuck about a disgusting brown/black loli slave, white green/blue eyed lolis or get the fuck out
>>
>>63584169
he's all strung out on dick coke now from Nurse qt
>>
>>63584169
less people to share his money with, maybe his sister husband commanded him to do it since divorcing in that time was not an option
>>
what's this show aboot
>>
>>63584762
white privilege
>>
>>63584762
Niggers are smarter and better lovers than whites okey?
>>
File: them fingers.jpg (126 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
them fingers.jpg
126 KB, 1280x720
>>63584762
eugenics
>>
>>63584867
This is a troll, they've never said this. Thack is portrayed as smarter than algie except when completely drugged out.
>>
>>63584912
The visual storytelling and frame-by-frame look of The Knick is so great.
To me, there's The Knick, Better Call Saul just below, and all other shows can suck it.
>>
>>63585156
>63585156
>Thack the hack
>Smarter than the Big Nig Algernon
Sure thing /pol/
>>
>>63558285
>20ft drop and at worst break a leg but still able to drag yourself out or
>50ft drop onto burning wood

>>63559128
Anyone would panic, but panicking doesn't turn people into retards. If they wanted to follow the themes you pointed out, there are better ways to do so.
>>
>>63585582

Elkins stole the show last episode, that entire confession about coke dick fucking and being a footfag for some asians cracked me up

that was some serious angel of mercy killing she pulled on her father
>>
>>63564534
It sells great in countries outside the US.
>>
File: 1447500738496[1].png (858 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1447500738496[1].png
858 KB, 1280x720
46 posts and a The Knick thread will reach the bump limit. If this happens Cinemax will renew.

Come on anons, I believe in you!
>>
>>63586989
They'll renew it for sure. They know it's great, everyone that has seen it knows it, it's just a matter of time people pick on it. The Wire, Breaking Bad, etc.. All had a rough start. Productions like Rome, Deadwood, they had other issues on why the had to pull the plug.
>>
>>63559433
No retard, she drank laudanum for menstrual pains and because it's an opiate when the gave her the anesthesia she OD
>>
>>63587415
It was only two drops she should have been fine. This show sucks it's like noone on it has done drugs before in their life. Thackery's strung out on H antics were pathetic.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.