[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
now that the dust has settled, can we all agree the season finale
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 16
File: sp.jpg (63 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
sp.jpg
63 KB, 720x404
now that the dust has settled, can we all agree the season finale was a let-down that did not satisfy the build-up of the previous few episodes?
>>
Non-American here.

Can someone explain the ending to me?
What the fuck was it about? I didn't understand a single thing, it wasn't even funny.
>>
>>63552953
this is exactly what i thought of.
it was kinda letdown since previous episodes were pretty good
>>
I'm more interested to see where they'll go with it next season. It felt weak, but transitory in the sense that they're gearing up for something interesting. Maybe it will lead into the next video game, where you're a literal Social Justice Warrior recruited trough your "PC" or during a Safe Space "CONSOLE"ing session and have to identify and fight ADs.
>>
>>63552953
Yeah it was pretty bad the ending. I thought the whole season would be about an ad for their new game
>>
>>63552953
>>63552986
>>63553059
>>63553096
Yeah what was the point? Victoria is still fired when she did nuffin wrong.
>>
>>63552953
A very underwhelming episode. It built up quite a lot and fizzled out at the end.
>>
It honestly felt like Parker and Stone were having so much fun with PC Principal that they ran out of time and said "Fuck it, next season will be Part 2."

As a result the season finale just feels like a normal episode of South Park instead of big event, that's ok I can wait all I know is that the next season better keep being as strong as this one had.

Also it's fucking beautiful that PC Principle is a literal Social Justice Warrior.
>>
>>63553096
>>63553133
Nobody wanted to die in the finale. Owning a gun in South Park put people in a position where they are forced to talk.
>>
File: South Park kids with guns.jpg (25 KB, 460x259) Image search: [Google]
South Park kids with guns.jpg
25 KB, 460x259
>>63552953
no. Are you fucking kidding me? the finale was great. The whole gun thing was hilarious.

And ads using SJWs? That's like real life. Ads and the media pander to SJWs and feminists and gullible feminists eat their shit up. All they have to do is show a fat chick as their model or talk about how oppressed the poor womens are and feminists will buy whatever they're selling.
>>
The best season of SP by far, none of the others compared.

Almost became one of the best commentary of modern society ever, and ends with (I hate saying this given that every TV show ever has a "worth finale ever" comment) worst finale ever.

It literally had -very-, if any, little to with the story being told other than the Leslie shit. The rest of the show, while attempting to be related, was only an anti-gun propaganda(which I'm totally ok with, but it was entirely unrelated to the seasons story arc.)
>>
>>63553213
i can agree that gun plot and execution of it was good, but the ending was... meh. it wasn't the conclusion i've been waiting for.
>>
>>63552953

Well, in my estimation anything that wasn't 21 straight minutes of PC Principal being tortured till they finally killed him would be a letdown, so yeah, a bit of a letdown.
>>
>>63553269

>The final episode didn't conform with my political beliefs!
>Biggest letdown ever!

How are you not surprised that Trey and Matt will go for both sides of the argument once again
>>
Tfw the best episodes where the ones without the stupid conspiracy and convoluted shit.
>>
>>63552986
up until the credits i was still expecting crab people to be the punchline of those behind ads/the PC shit.

instead
>ads were just ads
>PC principle really is PC and just doesn't like ads using PC to advertise
>nothing is really resolved at all
>>
>>63552953
Anti-SJWs were kind of BTFO, which was nice to see them not be completely one sided.
>murder with a deadly weapon is proclaimed to be a totally normal and sensible reaction to stop the 'sjw menace'
>sjws aren't the real enemies; in fact, anti-sjws are just as susceptible to ad-based marketing and are therefore just as stupid and gullible as sjws

It felt more like a trilogy-end than a season-end - I really don't care for any of the trilogies they've had before. One or more of the parts suffer from acting like an isolated act instead of flowing naturally.

Still, You're Not Yelping through Sponsored Content is the best 5-episode stretch South Park has ever aired and PC Principal is the best 'new' main character since Randy started getting more screen time back more than a decade ago.
>>
>>63553213
So how are sjws handling the gun thing.

I remember quite a lot of shit from then about how south park hates change and was always shit.

Would love to see some backpedaling.
>>
>>63553120
She's no personsality
>>
>>63553307
this
it doesn't conclude anything
>>
>No crab people
It was shit
>>
>>63553300

I have NO comment on their "political" beliefs, I'm stating a fact. It had nothing to do with gun control yet the entire ending episode of a show having to do with being anti-ad/sjw was spent on guns rather than the actual problem in the states as I see it as an outsider.
>>
>>63553332
>anti-sjws are now pro-gun

u wot?
>>
Why was PC Principal in the ad with Leslie if he's not an ad
>>
It was shit and they had backed themselves into a creative void.

Would have been funnier if they preached about paid content, made some reference to PC equaling Paid Content, etc and then just shilled their new game hence making the entire season just being paid content.

They dropped the ball for the last three episodes.
>>
>>63553433
The ads were using PC to further their cause.
>>
>>63553428
I think Young urban people are one of the groups that buys guns IRL.
>>
>>63553428
sjws = liberal = anti-gun
anti-sjws = conservative = pro-gun

>bu-but i'm a liberal and not sjw
yes you are, you're just a mild one. you're a social justice office worker
>>
>>63553332

TweakxCraig FTW!
>>
>>63553332
It's weird how people just see what they want to see.
>>
>>63553620
I feel like you are shitposting.
>>
>>63553620
>sjws = liberal = anti-gun
>anti-sjws = conservative = pro-gun
why are you generalizing so hard m8, not everything is so black and white
>>
>>63553690
Uh, maybe it's you seeing things wrong.
>>
>>63553307
wrong
PC principal is an ad but never realized it. he was in an ad with Leslie.
PC is a sellable way of life
>city so pa
>skeeters bar became wine centered
>whole foods
it's trendy and dumb college kids love being trendy, ad companies market to their lifestyle because just advertising a product doesnt work anymore. PC principal said that ads were using the lifestyle, but the lifestyle is an ad itself.
>>
>>63553795
they specifically said that the ad with him and leslie was a red herring created by leslie to throw off PC principal
>>
>>63553743
The point of the episode is advertisers use PC to sell things. The gun stuff is to make fun of gun advocates who think everyone should carry guns. You have to reach to get "anti-SJWs BTFO" out of that.
>>
>>63552953
The whole gun plot was fun to watch but it could be interpreted either way. But seeing how Matt and Trey are libertarians, it's probably pro gun.

>>63553855
>they specifically said that the ad with him and leslie was a red herring created by leslie to throw off PC principal
Well shit, that wasn't very clear at all. I just thought he was an ad. I don't like how PC Principle came out as a protagonist in the end. He was a great antagonist, and it feels like his views are now slightly more valid than before.
>>
>>63553895
So... you didn't get it. Got it. Thanks.
>>
Seriously how the fuck do you retards not understand that PC principal didn't represent political correctness, it was PERSONAL COMPUTING.
>>
>>63554009
>You don't agree with my interpretation
>YOU JUST DON'T GET IT
Site's 18 and above.
>>
I feel like if they didn't do the whole ad plot and just stick with PC Principal being the main villain of the season, and tearing Tumblr a new asshole, it would've been a bit better.

Still enjoyed it though.
>>
>>63554320
EXACTLY, they changed topics at the very end with the recent shooting in the US(can't remember the name of it.)

I know they push out episodes super fast, and this proved it.
>>
>>63553946
>I don't like how PC Principle came out as a protagonist in the end. He was a great antagonist, and it feels like his views are now slightly more valid than before.
He was never meant to be full antagonist. He's staying on as PC Principal and will still be forcing PC stuff on people. The point was that he thought he was doing what was right with PC culture but then found out the ads were using him.

>>63553270
> it wasn't the conclusion i've been waiting for.
we're all disappointed there weren't any crab people, but it was good enough

>>63553293
God you people are pathetic. This is why you're on /tv/ instead of actually having anything to do with TV shows.

>>63553390
The season has tackled multiple issues. They had a trump episode. They had a Craig and Tweet cartoon episode. They had a ninja episode. Guns were just one part of this episode. Deal with it, or probably just never watch another TV show again because you don't seem cut out for such an intellectual pursuit.
>>
They are getting shittier and shittier.
No jokes: the show

lol@the ratings
>>
>>63554540
Thank you for listing all the bad episodes of this season including the finale.
>>
>>63554320
>I feel like if they just stuck with a single predictable joke until it was played out to death it would have been better
why? Why have 10 episodes just rehashing the same jokes over and over and over?
Oh, right, because you're a teenager who's so obsessed with SJWs that you'd rather watch a shitty show that's all "LOLOL SJWs are fucking dumb amiright?" then a show that, I don't know, is actually good?
>>
>>63554600
Jeez, you SJWs are really sensitive.
>>
PC isn't bad but when it's used to sell shit it's bad
>>
>>63554540
you really think after all that build up that simply punching a girl in the face, talking things through, and a whole foods flying away is the best finale the show's writers could've come up with? it fucking dissapointed unless next season continues this one because we still dont know who said 'hot cosby', we dont know about garrison2016, or anything.

next season confirmed trumpseason
>>
Not using Crab People was a missed opportunity.
>>
>To be Continued in SOUTH PARK - THE FRACTURED BUT WHOLE
>>
>>63554540

Am I supposed to want something to do with tv beyond watching it? News to me.
>>
They serialized the show, then used the finale to set up the next season. The jump in quality and relevance this season was incredible, but the finale was definitely underwhelming.

I still think PC Principal is going to die horribly and shit all over himself eventually.
>>
>>63555348
Television is an intellectual pursuit, pleb.
>>
>>63555490

>the "art form" that panders to the lowest common denominator is an intellectual pursuit
>>
It was a very good episode in a very good season. But the whole ad thing felt a bit forced. I think it had to do with them wanting PC Principle to stay in the show, and I am very glad he stays, but they could have done something different of him. He could lose in the end, but still stay as principle
>>
File: 1443421431961.jpg (48 KB, 400x535) Image search: [Google]
1443421431961.jpg
48 KB, 400x535
>>63553332
I was pissed of about getting BTFO, I wanted PC Principal to see the errors of being to PC. I wanted the message to be fuck SJW's they are idiots who are destroying the world. Also I wanted whole food guy to get his head blown off.
>>
>>63552953
The only thing funny in the last two episodes was when Randy told Shelly to "take care of grandpa" and that was only a slight chuckle.
>>
>>63552953
>people mad that PC Principal didn't get killed or destroyed or something because they're angry at SJWs
I'm having a good chuckle here.
>>
They turned PC Principal into this heroic misled badass for no reason. He's fucking Satan. It was extremely unsatisfying.
>>
The finale was good but not mind blowing. I was satisfied but I don't think It felt like it had any classic SP moments.
>>
File: is it 2015?.jpg (23 KB, 450x250) Image search: [Google]
is it 2015?.jpg
23 KB, 450x250
>>63554977
>we dont know about garrison2016
I wonder why
>>
File: 1427338394914.jpg (49 KB, 471x383) Image search: [Google]
1427338394914.jpg
49 KB, 471x383
was that a fucking book of eli homage when PC principal was in the bar
>>
WTF is with Caitlyn Jenner's eyes being all cockeyed and his/her tongue always sticking out?
>>
>>63557706
He's a mutant.
>>
>>63557384
>He's fucking Satan.
Looks like anon got TRIGGERED

>>63552953
The finale reflected the season.
A tedious bore.
>>
The ending was pretty weak, but I'm glad they chose to keep PC Principal on rather than just kill him off or fire him or something.

Also I'm surprised they didn't make him an Adblocker like some people were saying, that was a genius idea.
>>
File: southpark.jpg (729 KB, 1800x944) Image search: [Google]
southpark.jpg
729 KB, 1800x944
>>63552953
PC principle is pretty fucking bad-ass. I become a SJW just because of him.
>>
>>63557733
SHE!
>>
>>63557778
he was going around killing ads I dont know what your definition of ad blocker is
>>
If you don't want PC Principal to die a horrifyingly painful death you're part of the problem. End of story.
>>
>>63558235
He's still an actual person though, some people were saying in the same way Ads evolved to look like people, PC Principal was an evolved adblocker.
>>
I miss Reality.

I want to believe he'll come back.
>>
File: 1449885255047.jpg (95 KB, 1200x627) Image search: [Google]
1449885255047.jpg
95 KB, 1200x627
Pretty great if you ask me
>>
>>63552953
It definitely felt rushed, hell the scenes with guns literally was rushing the emotional aspects with the threat of a bullet.
>>
>>63558514
Blablabla, where's the joke, faggot.
>>
File: 111111111122222.jpg (106 KB, 489x400) Image search: [Google]
111111111122222.jpg
106 KB, 489x400
>>63558514
>I'm quoting a cartoon character with down syndrome
>he makes a lot of sense

At what point did you realized you were fucking retarded?
>>
>>63552953
I liked how no one picked up on garrisons reference to the reptilians.
"I don't care if there aliens are vampires fuck em to hell."
>>
>>63557319
it's not just that. the 9th episode ended with the buildup of the wandering into the safe space, and they completely abandoned any joke there in the finale.
>>
I get that PC Principal went on an Ad killing rampage, but when they went to the frat house it was empty. What happened to all the other Pussy Crushers?
>>
>>63558892
probably disbanded because their leader was gone
>>
>>63553304
This.

South Park has surpassed The Simpsons as the greatest comedy show ever a few years ago...
But recently... i mean there are still great episodes... but i seriously don't feel like rewatching last 2 seasons ever, too much convulted shit.

Consol Wars... PC.... i don't like how episodes connect to each other, i really really hope this style ends after next season, no need to make everything a long ass story relying 100% on current events.
>>
>>63558654
You realize that the writers who came up with his dialogue aren't mentally retarded right?
>>
>>63558996
[citation needed]
>>
>>63558892
They were all in it for the Puss.
>>
It felt kind of weird that most of the whole season was based around topical, SJW issues, then the last couple of episodes they shoehorned in the whole Ad menace plotline and wrapped it up, and then at the end PC Principal literally says everyone can now get back to the PC and SJW issues. It's like there was supposed to be some main plot, conflict and resolution about the SJW side of things, but it got interrupted by the Ad plot which they wrapped up to get back to the SJW main plot. Except that it was the last episode, so they never resolved the SJW issues.
>>
>>63559033
I agree, ad plot kinda came from left field and didn't really fit with the original SJW plot.

Wasn't even that great, I expected like the majority of the new diverse citizens in South Park to be ad robots with the regular citizens having a town-sized shoot out with them.
>>
Am I the only one that thinks the ad plot would have worked better a few years ago
feels a bit dated now
>>
>>63552986
The speech at the end? It was obviously about ISIS wasn't it? What's not to get?
>>
Why the fuck can't South Park just make simpler, funny story lines anymore. That shit was hard to follow and I forgot most of the stuff from previous episodes. It's a goddamn chore to enjoy.
>>
>>63559111
>the new diverse citizens in South Park to be ad robots with the regular citizens having a town-sized shoot out with them.

Man that would have been amazing.
>>
>>63559150
Yeah it's fucking tedious. There are no jokes, no Cartman antics, no plot where the boys are the focus. It just fucking sucks.

Good satire my ass. If it's boring and unfunny, it's shit.
>>
>>63559221
Agreed senpai.
>>
>>63559150
I miss the days when episodes didn't even have a current event plot. last I remember being like that was when cartman tried to get tolkien and the new black girl in school together, which was a really great episode
>>
>>63559033
>>63559111
Ad plot was pushed by the network because ads were giving them less money per ad for a while requiring them to take more commercial airtime. Notice that now there are less commercials.
>>
File: 287776-willy-wonka.jpg (40 KB, 552x552) Image search: [Google]
287776-willy-wonka.jpg
40 KB, 552x552
>>63552953
>>63552986
>>63553059
I was telling everyone before the finale the season would turn out like Lost. I was right.
>>
>>63559142
Did anyone seriously not get that?
>>
>>63559221

Unfortunately the continuity thing is probably here to stay.
>>
It's because next season is going to have even more plot and shit. It's like this season is ww1 and next season is going to be ww2. Everyone thinks everything is going to be ok but shit's going to get more real next season like shit got all real in ww2
>>
What's the deal with jenners running over people all the time?
>>
>>63552953
No. Do I need to pull my gun?
>>
>>63552953
this show is just a venue for the writers to spout their shitty opinions about current events, there were no fucking jokes in this season and your all discussing it trying to decipher the obvious message like the plot is so dense you need to have paragraph discussions about it, lmao its pathetic and your all eating it up
>>
>>63561647
He ran over someone while driving fucked up on pills and got a walk on it because shes famous. Totes bullshit, good to see SP remind people.
>>
>>63557706
>>
>>63561683
>she
>>
I was expecting more for sure. Especially after the season got my attention after that agent guy reveals to Barbrady a picture of Leslie and PC principal together. It was at the end of Naughty Ninjas I think.
>>
>>63553374

This.
>>
>>63561925

Slightly cockeyed., no tongue. Still wondering about the tongue thing.
>>
>>63561960
This. Dude still has a fucking cock, he's a confused man with tits.
>>
>>63562153
South Park exaggerates features; in this case the fsct that Jenner's face is a plastic surgery nightmare.
>>
File: le hat joke.png (26 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
le hat joke.png
26 KB, 640x480
>>63553620
>you have to be a biblethumping retard to despise cultural marxism
>>
>>63562153

Dude it's just a visual gag making fun of how of how Frankenstein's monster he looks, no deeper meaning than that, it's not like Mel Gibson runs around screaming about how his nipples hurt when he pinches them in real life
>>
>>63561647
He murdered someone and got away with it because he's a woman now
>>
>>63552953
can i watch the last episode by itsself, i want to see what this episode is all about but do i have to watch the earlier episodes to enjoy it, since i dropped it after the 3rd episode of the season
>>
>>63562282
I'd say watch 8,9 and 10 and you won't miss out on much.
>>
>>63562282

Fuck off.
>>
>>63562300
aah thanks very much, ill get right to it.
>>63562305
fuck you too, buddy
>>
>>63553743
>Uh,

Fuck right off back to tumblr you fat fuck
>>
File: 1449606030763.jpg (8 KB, 246x278) Image search: [Google]
1449606030763.jpg
8 KB, 246x278
>>63561925
>and this is somehow stunning and beautiful

man he is hideous
>>
South park is shit now compared to the first 7 seasons or so
>>
File: 1449610474790.png (6 KB, 240x255) Image search: [Google]
1449610474790.png
6 KB, 240x255
>>63558575
>>63558654
you seem upset, tumblr

Maybe you would like to fuck right back to the disgusting hole you crawled out of
>>
>Using South Park as a legit form of social commentary.

Jackasses, all of you. Go read some shit in the culture industry instead of having tweedle-dum and dee profit from the same rehashed bullshit.

As much as 4chan loves to crap on SJWs for being mindless sheep, I just don't see any of you being any better. Hatred is a perfect example of this.
>>
>>63561683
>She

He was born with a penis so he's a man and will always be one.

Why would i enable someones mental illness?
>>
5 different stories going on at once
Repeating jokes
Not funny or interesting

Just a fucking mess of a show
>>
File: fgs.png (284 KB, 439x367) Image search: [Google]
fgs.png
284 KB, 439x367
>>63559279
>tolkien
>>
>>63552953
thanks for spoilering faggot
>>
>>63562656

haha because he's the tolkien black kid. I get it now!
>>
File: tolkien.jpg (81 KB, 533x755) Image search: [Google]
tolkien.jpg
81 KB, 533x755
>>63563428
hahahahaa
ahahahahhahahahahhahahahaah haha
hahaaaahah
this nerd doesn't even know how to spell token hahahhahaha
ahah ahhahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahhahah hhahahahahah
aahahahhhaha
>>
It was sort of a
>This is what liberals actually believe
moment
>>
Why did they decide to keep PC principal? Why is he still PC?
>>
This season really sucessfully told one story, and in a way the penultimate episode and the finale were more interested in wrapping up story than being funny, but that's ok because it really works as a whole. It's one of the first times South Park has really put story before everything, even moreso than the two-or-three parters they've had in the past.

The ending scene in the finale was perfect. Rather than pretending to have the answers to how to live in this new world, I loved the honesty of 'this is going to be REALLY hard'. A perfect way to sum up the crossroads the world seems to be at currently.
>>
>You're expelled.

I came a little.
>>
File: moini kampfa.png (103 KB, 494x376) Image search: [Google]
moini kampfa.png
103 KB, 494x376
>>63563428
>tolkien black kid
>>
>>63552953
collectivly as a board we hyped it up way too much,unless matt and tay were actually monitoring /tv/ for the last month it would be a letdown.
highlight of the season has to be Cailtin and Garrison being bros and really hope to see more them as they just work so well together,not sure why they mesh so well but it just works.
>>
>>63563913
?
it didn't tell anything
They said there was going to be an attack, but there wasn't
>>
>>63552953
Yes.
>>
>>63552953
First of all the whole guns thing was hilarious.

Now, I think that second season will continue from where they left off. They previewed a few things that could happen next season. The Mr. Garrison election(to comment on next years election), the ads returning and getting stronger as they do every time and PC principal's speech, on fighting the enemy with tolerance like SJW's tactics against ISIS and his decition to stay, suggesting Obama's 3rd term.

Also the part about Whole Foods leaving the town reminds me of the Walmart episode. Ill watch it again to refresh my memory but it is clear that ads are not just ads. Its the gentrification, its 'the man" that randy said in episode 9 trying to price out everyone out of the planet. I think they are suggesting a larger conspiracy of some super elite trying to get rid of the undesirables. Like the NWO eugenics conspiracy of cutting the world down to 500 million of the most elite people.
>>
>>63563958
>highlight of the season has to be Cailtin and Garrison being bros

yeah all of a sudden I love Caitlyn Jenner. She is my hero and is really brave.
>>
Remember when they killed reality and nothing came of it?

Even if you want to say that some zany scenarios happened, the show was always like that. It thematically and literally did nothing.
>>
It was really messy. There was far too much going on in it, and in the end it seemed very thrown together. The stuff with the guns felt like a last minute idea to jump on the latest US shooting.

It was SJW, then ads, then guns, then aliens, then over. I het they werenall tied together with some exposition, but it was flimsy at best. Shame as the rest of the season has been so good.
Thread replies: 140
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.