[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should there be more films about the gulf war? The whole thing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7
File: maxresdefault.jpg (226 KB, 2000x1274) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
226 KB, 2000x1274
Should there be more films about the gulf war?

The whole thing seems like it has incredible cinematic potential that hasn't been tapped into yet. Imagine a scene like pic related with Pearl Jam blasting in the background
>>
>>63552699
I'd rather see something about the seven day war. Like from an Egyptian or Syrian soldier's perspective at the start and then how it just collapses so fast.
>>
>Not having Soundgarden playing in the background.

1.3/10 You tried.
>>
>>63552699
>Massive buildup of an huge bad guy that turns out to be shit

No
>>
File: image.jpg (224 KB, 1028x618) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
224 KB, 1028x618
>tfw no movie about the Battle of Medina Ridge from the Iraqi perspective
>>
>>63552734
>Montage of conflicts throughout the 90's leading up to the Gulf war set to "The Day I tried to Live" as the opening credits.

Watch the rolling heads/10 would fund it.
>>
Jarhead is about the gulf war, and it's really the only film they needed to make about it, really.

It was an incredibly overhyped and overstocked conflict that was short and uneventful and fought by a bunch of frustrated Gen X dropouts who were looking for their own Vietnam experience. Jarhead conveyed those sentiments perfectly.

The flaming oil wells and their absurd amount of smoke are cool to look at but that subject already has two very good documentaries, one by Herzog and one shot exlusively on IMAX. There really isn't much more to see
>>
>>63552699
America loves to make movies about wars they lost so yeah
>>
>>63552853
>>
>>63552964
>Operation Desert Storm
>lost

Is this what their teaching in 5th grade social studies now?
>>
>>63552964
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_War

DECISIVE. COALITION. VICTORY.
>>
File: pepeisis.png (197 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
pepeisis.png
197 KB, 499x499
>>63553139
>>63553088
>implying that the war ended then and not in 2011
>implying that it even ended then
>>
>>63553088
>>63553139
If overthrowing a weak government that holds a weak at best association with your enemy and in the process making your enemy 1000x stronger, is a victory then sure. murrika won.

If eternal war is the victory, then yeah the industrial military complex won.

If defeating "du terrerosts" was the goal, murrika lost hard. and it looks like the French are your only allies in this so ... I don't know, tuck your murrikan tail between your legs and run.
>>
File: TPP_Miller_infobox.png (1 MB, 1051x1080) Image search: [Google]
TPP_Miller_infobox.png
1 MB, 1051x1080
>>63553424
>Eternal war
>Not considered victory

It's like you don't even want Outer Heaven, Anon. I'm going to have to let the boss know.
>>
>>63552733
and place israel as the opposing force? good luck funding that
>>
>>63553424
the us didn't overthrow the iraqi government in the gulf war, just removed their army from kuwait
>>
>>63552699
I would watch 90 minutes of the Highway of Death getting bombed alone...
>>
>>63552699
Three Kings was decent
>>
File: Screen_151130_202351.jpg (427 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
Screen_151130_202351.jpg
427 KB, 2560x1440
>>63552699
It was an air war, mainly. And unfortunately the odds of Hollywood making a decent aviation movie is about zero. It would end up being all shitty CGI with retardedly fast editing, and pilots shouting memes at each other.
>>
>>63552699
I bet there's a lot of iraqis making them right now.
>>
>>63552699
Iraq Iran war would more exciting for a desert warfare film. I heard that conflict was treated alot more similarly to the First World War, with lots of trenches and human wave attacks.
>>
>>63552699
> Legendary WWII Battleship Missouri opens up her guns for the first time in combat since Korea
>Rock the Casbah starts playing.

Ill show myself back to /his/[spoiler}
>>
>>63555198
please tell me you got A-10C in beta and didn't shill out 50 fucking dollars to ED, NTTR is such a disappointment.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.