[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CREED
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: I DID! HONEST! .jpg (63 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
I DID! HONEST! .jpg
63 KB, 633x758
I FUCKING HATED IT
>>
All the rocky sequels suck except maybe balboa

Haven't seen creed but I heard good things so I think you're in the minority
>>
didn't like a movie about a washed up white guy prepping the young virile bull?

get used to it, its your future
>>
>>63551795
What was to hate about it? It kept the same theme/tone of the original rocky without stealing a lot of ideas or scenarios from the original. Hell it didn't even use the signature "Gonna Fly Now" during the training montage and it only appeared briefly during the final round.
>>
>>63551881
>all the rocky sequels are amazing except V

FTFY
>>
File: boxing.webm (3 MB, 960x406) Image search: [Google]
boxing.webm
3 MB, 960x406
OP is just having a nervous breakdown because he actually liked it when he really wanted to hate it
>>
>>63551795
The "single take" fight scene was pretty amazing. Lots of energy and emotion
>>
File: I GUESS.png (54 KB, 236x262) Image search: [Google]
I GUESS.png
54 KB, 236x262
>>63552622
>>
>>63552431
Rocky was about how a down on his luck average Joe could hold his own with the best. He didn't win, but it didnt matter. He gave it his all and went the distance. He even says he doesn't want a rematch with Creed because it's not about winning

Then in 2 he suddenly wants a rematch and YO ADRIAN I DID IT and the movies become more and more of a cartoon as rocky becomes a millionaire before defeating communism

Balboa is the only good sequel because it doesn't resort to escapist fantasy and doesn't forget the original movie's message
>>
>>63553285

>Then in 2 he suddenly wants a rematch and YO ADRIAN I DID IT and the movies become more and more of a cartoon as rocky becomes a millionaire before defeating communism

He doesn't suddenly want a rematch, he does try to stay away from boxing. But the thing is, he is legitimately stupid and does what everyone who has ever got a decent amount of money all at once: squandered it.

The cartoon-y aspects of Rocky were what made it endure, not the first film.
>>
>>63552431
Am I the only person who liked Rocky V?
>>
Creed was my favorite character tb h.

I was genuinely sad watching him trying to deny that he was past his prime in IV. His hubris was his downfall though.

What's his son like?
>>
>>63553522

Yes. It is a legitimately bad film.

Creed reminds me of the general idea of Rocky V though to be honest.
>>
>>63553771
What was so bad about it tho?
>>
>Black guy becomes champion boxer
Isn't that like a white guy getting an A in math, or not breaking into houses and stealing stuff?
>>
>>63553285
Literally 3/4 of Rocky 2 is about how Rocky doesn't want a rematch. He tries to get a regular job and only does the rematch because he's broke and Adrian gets sick.
>>
>>63552622
Is there a rip for this shit already?
>>
>>63553861
I said this many times ago but here:

The problem is it tries to be dramatic like the original with bringing rocky back to basics, but on he flip side it tries to be over the top like rocky iv: the Don King black guy, the hip hop music, the end fight that is shots le a bad 90s action movie with zooms ins and dodges angles and hippity hop music. As a result it does neither fully and ends up being a mismash of ideas that never come together feeling right. This is exemplified in the directors cut, that does a great job making a rather solemn and serious last fight. Also tommy gunn had he potential to have something really good toward the end, something really devastating for rocky and in the end he gets redemption in the original cut, but in the normal version he becomes generic baddie and forgotten a few frames later
>>
>>63554202
Fair points. I'd like to see the director's cut actually.
>>
You have only yourself to blame for watching a nigger movie.
>>
>>63554362
I think it's on YouTube or something
>>
>>63551904
>Stallone
>white
>>
>>63554410
Thanks senpai, I'm genuinely interested now
>>
>>63554404
>hur racism do I fit in yet

Reported.
>>
>>63554456
dailymotion actually, it's kinda shit quality, but I've put up with worse
>>
>>63554490
>announcing a report
Fucking retard get b&
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.