[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Ridiculous 6 is honestly the best thing Netflix has made yet.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7
File: netflix1[1].jpg (36 KB, 638x327) Image search: [Google]
netflix1[1].jpg
36 KB, 638x327
The Ridiculous 6 is honestly the best thing Netflix has made yet.
>>
Reminder to watch this even if you don't want to so that Netflix keeps making original content

Just play it and walk away if you have to
>>
File: lol.png (1 KB, 108x45) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
1 KB, 108x45
>>
>>63546612
But anon, I'd rather them make quality content, and not anything involving Adam Sandler. For this reason, I will not be watching it.
>>
Is it actually any good? All I knew about it was there was some shitstorm over a Native American woman being named Beaver Queef or some shit. Going on that alone it sounded stupid as fuck
>>
>>63546909
go read the actual user reviews of it on Netflix, and tell me what you see.

Despite all of them, it has a massive 5 STARS on the home page.

First time I've ever been upset w Netflix honestly, Blatant shilling
>>
Is there a WBD rape scene?
>>
is this out now?
>>
Has donkey fart jokes and Rob sneider pretending to be Mexican in a big hat.

Sums itg up, if that sounds good to you, go watch it
>>
>>63547207
>>63546909
Oh this is that movie

Fuck yeah. Brb watching it.
>>
>>63546612

netflix original content is shit, i want them to stop and leave the content making to people who are good at it
>>
>>63546909
Its better than expected.

A pragmatic way to look at it is like this.... Sandler is a name that as a level of draw, and he works cheap. Whole movie probably cost less than the average netflix series.

Netflix get experience in producing films with 'big names', in a few years they might move onto some actual quality cinema.
>>
>>63547207

>Rob sneider pretending to be Mexican in a big hat

Ok, I'll get to it eventually.
>>
>>63547586
>what is beasts of no nation

even if you didn't really like it you gotta admit it's more "quality" (production values, gorgeous scenery, decent acting) than you would have ever expected from a Netflix movie. However, they did buy it and not produce it.

They have the ability to produce quality shit. But they make this instead.
>>
>presented in 4k
>netflix doesn't even offer 4k
Uhhhhhh
>>
just watched it, its good. it has adam sandler tier humor but the jokes are far better than in grown ups and shit and it doesnt feel like a complete cash grab, theres some heart in it and some cool practical effects.
>>
File: 1449815069662.png (24 KB, 954x539) Image search: [Google]
1449815069662.png
24 KB, 954x539
>>63547054

they do this with all of their originals
>>
File: 1334184218989.jpg (18 KB, 366x334) Image search: [Google]
1334184218989.jpg
18 KB, 366x334
>>63546909
>All I knew about it was there was some shitstorm over a Native American woman being named Beaver Queef or some shit.

Welp Time to watch this movie.
>>
>>63545968
That's a ridiculous statement
>>
Holy fuck Taylor Lautner was good in this.
>>
File: Disappointed.gif (720 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
Disappointed.gif
720 KB, 267x200
>>63546722
I honestly haven't said this in a while, but OP is a faggot. Liking anything Sandler does at this point makes you an automatic faggot.
>>
>>63549332
This. He legitimately gets the biggest laughs of the whole thing. His face during the standoff at the end fuckin had me dying!
>>
>>63546612
>>63545968
Fuck off Sandler you thriving fraud.
>>
>>63549332
>I'm the daring young man on the flying trapeze

It has some funny gags.
>>
>>63545968
it wasn't actually that bad

it probably helped that I was expecting the worst
>>
>>63547448
Just finished it. It was legitimately pretty good.
>>
>>63547937

they do if you pay for it
>>
laughed at Forte saying "kemoSLOBe" and Norm's cameo just because it was Norm.
>>
>>63547054
>go read the actual user reviews of it on Netflix, and tell me what you see.
>Despite all of them, it has a massive 5 STARS on the home page.

Do you know how Netflix' stars work?

Based on what you've previously rated and watched, Netflix thinks you'd rate this 5 stars. It has nothing to do with other people.
>>
>>63550485
You could not be more wrong.
>>
>>63551796
Nope
>>
>>63550485
Blindly not liking anything Sandler does at this point makes you an automatic faggot.
>>
I feel like im the only one who likes almost all of Adam Sandlers stuff. Besides the ones that are objectively shitty
>>
File: 1387753572766.gif (758 KB, 245x254) Image search: [Google]
1387753572766.gif
758 KB, 245x254
>>63550485
>Judging a piece of film based on previous work of the creator
>Not judging the film on it's own merits
>>
>>63552343
Anything post Kevin James falls into the shitty category for me.
>>
>>63552391
If I didn't like his previous films, why would I spend two hours watching this one?
>>
>>63552616
Your comment indicated that anything Sandler does it automatically trash. Until you view it you can not condemn his latest effort.
>>
>Adam Sandler

Fuck you for giving this hack more money, Netflix.

Canceling my subscription tomorrow.
>>
>>63552865
I'm actually not that anon, I'm the dude who said Netflix shouldn't have produced this movie. I don't make COMPLETE generalizations, but based on my previous experiences with his movies, I'm not really interested in this.

Usually, Netflix fucking NAILS producing originals that their audience will enjoy. This is like, the main thing they excel at. I think they really dropped the ball in finding the target audience for this one.
>>
>>63552865
I didn't like any of his previous films and I think Billy Maddison was great.
>>
File: 1392574207949.gif (2 MB, 256x185) Image search: [Google]
1392574207949.gif
2 MB, 256x185
>>63553074
How can someone like Billy Madison and not like Happy Gilmore, The Waterboy, or Little Nicky?
>>
>>63553187
Happy Gilmore doesn't get shit on constantly and neither does the Waterboy. Alongside The Wedding Singer they are his better received movies. People that hate Little Nicky can fuck off though.
>>
>>63553241
I know nobody on here will actually care, but this May (2015), I played Adam Sandler's character in my college's theatre performance of The Wedding Singer. That movie/script is written WAY better than it's given credit for. It's a pretty good movie, and the 80's humor is pretty clever.
>>
>>63553365
I think the Wedding Singer is just about the only Adam Sandler movie that isn't despised to be fair anon.
>>
>>63553365
>my college's theatre performance of The Wedding Singer.
Wut? That's either a really great college or a really shitty one. Most likely the latter.
>>
>>63553405
That's true, I've seen it praised a bit here and there. But you know how it is - Sandler gets slammed generally.

Anyway, I thought his performance was pretty good in that movie. I thought it was shit, and then when I spent more time reading the script and stuff, he does all the ups and downs pretty well. Probably my favorite performance of his.

>>63553455
It was the University I'm still attending. It was bretty decent to be honest. There's actually a stage musical version of the movie. I (as Adam Sandler's character, the Wedding Singer dude) I had to sing like 15 songs and get in my underwear and play the guitar in front of the audience. I'm a Public Relations/Advertising major with a minor in theatre.

Sorry I derailed the thread, let's talk about this fuckin' movie. Worth a watch or nah?
>>
>>63553544
>I thought it was shit, and then when I spent more time reading the script and stuff, he does all the ups and downs pretty well. Probably my favorite performance of his.
That, and it has based Billy Idol in it.
>>
>>63553621
Billy Idol is pretty fuckin' based, indeed, anon. I think all the aspects of that movie lined up pretty well. I would even go so far as to call it comfy.
>>
>>63553718
I think we can all agree who the real star of the movie was.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIdxjMhXBLg
>>
>>63553544
Oh I think I'd pay to see that, and good on you for taking part in that! As for the R6, it's definitely worth a watch. If you like the more absurd Sandler fare than it's a damn sight better than Jack and Jill. Though fair warning, the first 20 minutes are absolute shit.
>>
>>63553755
Holy shit. I totally forgot this scene was in Wedding Singer. Ohhhhh man. What a cameo. Great little cameos all around.

>>63553764
I've been a Musical Theatre actor all my life. No, I'm not gay. But it's fun and you get to escape who you are in real life and be some totally other dude for a couple hours - and people will pay to watch it.

If you guys are interested in seeing how it looks as a stage musical, this is the performance of it at the Tonys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHXy_FIWmK8
>>
>>63550485
your pretty sick, chubs!
>>
This was Taylor Lautner's best performance to date.
I liked the movie, not as good as his classics but its a step in the right place over his usual shit.
>>
>>63545968
Loved it
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.