[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is he getting pleb roles now? >X men >Star Wars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6
File: ontheriseoscarisaac.jpg (66 KB, 250x352) Image search: [Google]
ontheriseoscarisaac.jpg
66 KB, 250x352
Why is he getting pleb roles now?

>X men
>Star Wars
>>
>>63537210
That's what happens when you get famous. Gotta keep the momentum.
>>
>>63537210
He's a good actor and Jewish
>>
>>63537210
Everyone takes plebroles now because its easy and free money. As they don't have to sit around for 8 hours being covered in makeup anymore.
>>
File: krusty.jpg (65 KB, 641x802) Image search: [Google]
krusty.jpg
65 KB, 641x802
>>63537328
>oscar issac
>jewish

When wil lthis meme end?
>>
>>63537342
>name is literally two jewish first names
>looks like a jew
Shut your yapper. Everyone knows he's jewish and nothing is going to change that. Not even his Wikipedia page.
>>
>>63537210
Will he ever do smaller films like a most violent year?
>>
>>63537409
>>looks like a jew

Looks Hispanic
>>
Top kek, impressionable retard. Those smaller "legitimate" rolles only existing as pre-marketing for the capeshit ones.
>make a cheap flick that looks serious to people who don't understand true cinema
>harvest faux legitimacy and get shill puppets calling the actor the next big thing
>buy magazine covers
>eventually trickles through to the mainstream
>stick them in a capeshit and then collect plebeian megadollars
>meme actor is born and can now be used to prop up more capeshit sensibility shitbusters
>art loses, Jews win, plebs don't even see what has happened
>>
>>63537210
Alec Guinness was in the first Star Wars, so its not unheard of.

I wouldn't turn it down, I'm not an actor
>>
here a good post about it from someone:

>You're the retard. By falling for the Oscar Isaacs meme you're every bit as bad as the people lining up for the latest Chris Pratt flick. These men are marketing tools, not actors. Inside Llewyn Davis was a hollywood shill job made for the express purpose of creating a new "legitimate" actor to be used in subsequent capeshit releases in order to attract the "film buff" demographic to maximize profits. This happens all the time in hollywood. They pluck out a new star with an inoffensive face from obscurity, put them in an indie shit on the cheap, and bam, they now have "legitimacy" "wow look at this hot new talented actor" appeal and can now be a new "artificial star" to hinge your summer tentpole release on.

>It is all fraud, a manipulation. Oscar Isaac is no more an artist, no more a human being even, than the new mcdonalds festive hamburger promotion. He is smoke and mirrors, a light show, a pretend actor.

>Exact same career progression is true of all of the shilled meme actors of late. Lawrence, Fassbender, Hardy. By supporting these "lesser known" critical darling you are only enabling the pre-production marketing phase of the capeshit machine.

>Isaac is lying to you with his very existence.
>>
>>63537456
of course, he'll always have time for the a24 crowd
>>
You mean money?
>>
File: fff.jpg (13 KB, 214x317) Image search: [Google]
fff.jpg
13 KB, 214x317
>>63539247
wow i better get my boots on...it's getting pretty deep in here.

kudos then to RDJ - i totally fell for his long con of a lengthy and varied career, complete with jail-time, as a setup for his iron man franchise development!
>>
>>63539247
lol this post shows exactly why actors don't get "made" anymore. Everyone is either a shill or jew, or its some conspiracy. Its never just people like the actor and their performances and want to follow their career.

You're part of why cinema is the way it is these days, a homogenized sterile landscape of toy commercials
>>
>>63539423
haha
>>
>>63537210
Pleb roles? He is probably making more off of those roles than all his other movies combined.
>>
>CTRL+F "jew"
>9 results
Why do I even come to this place?
>>
File: tumblr_myeg2pFyGy1svoh1co1_500.gif (371 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_myeg2pFyGy1svoh1co1_500.gif
371 KB, 500x375
>>63537210
I'm actually a bit disappointed that Based Oscar is doing capeshit.
>>
What other kind of movies does Hollywood make?
>>
>>63540819
perhaps reddit is better suited for a shit heel like yourself
>>
>>63537210

I'd do those roles just for the money.
>>
I have a hard time blaming actors for taking a payday in these movies. Unless they're putting them under a sitload of contractual obligations like the marvel movies.
>>
because hes actually a shit actor
>>
>Thinking any actor in the right mind would turn down a role in Star Wars.
>>
>>63537210
It's not that he wasn't getting shit offers before, it's that the offers before didn't give out massive $
>>
You do the big money roles so you can make the movies you want to make. Oscar Isaac is the smartest dude in Hollywood. A good actor too.
>>
>>63537210
He needs star recognition so studios pay attention to him and he can get more prestigious roles
>>
>>63537210
I'm fine with higher caliber actors doing capeshit for an easy paycheque, and he'll probably class up any of the work he does.

Oscar will continue to have a robust career once he's done with this, and it will only increase his exposure to people who haven't seen things like Show Me a Hero, Inside Llewyn Davis, A Most Violent Year.
>>
File: 1424209643577.png (111 KB, 247x248) Image search: [Google]
1424209643577.png
111 KB, 247x248
>mfw he's far and away the best part of apocalypse
>mfw he blows the fuck out of mccavoy, jlaw, and fass
>>
>>63539247
>pretend actor
A what now?
>>
>>63537210
>star wars
everyone would do it given the chance
>x men
you lost me there
>>
>>63537210
>Star Wars
>pleb

>Ex Machina
>good
>>
>>63540899
>We Stormfront now

Fuck off
>>
>>63537210
>Do Patrician films
>Nobody gives a fuck about you
>Do Pleb films
>Look is that guy from _____

He just wants fame and money because he's tired of doing good roles who nobody gives a fuck.
>>
>>63537210
yeah, me too I'd spit on that pile of money, stupid op
>>
>>63537409
>looks like a jew
what
>>
File: inside-llewyn-davis-trailer-3.jpg (25 KB, 640x335) Image search: [Google]
inside-llewyn-davis-trailer-3.jpg
25 KB, 640x335
fucking pleb wars after this ? come on .
>>
>>63545305
OUTER
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.