[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>chance to bring back beloved cult series >fill it with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
>chance to bring back beloved cult series
>fill it with garbage memeactors and reddit-tier writers
>>
>>63536628
If MST3K debuted today it would be the most Reddit show ever.
>>
File: white.png (25 KB, 585x187) Image search: [Google]
white.png
25 KB, 585x187
I hope mysties are ready for a season full of >REPUBLICANS LMAO
>>
>>63536788

It will bomb horribly. Aside from being criminally unfunny, theres no way that cast will not eventually morph the show into a preachy high-horse circlejerk.

They'll definitely think thats what the audience wants, and the backers will think thats what they want too at first.. but when it comes to COMEDY, political correctness and caring about peoples feelings simply doesn't work.
>>
>>63537476
It certainly won't be remembered, but it will sell.

Just look at family guy and a lot of Wil Weatons GaS stuff. High ratings because they constantly shit out what shitlibs want to hear.
>>
>$5.2 million
>>
When I originally heard about this, I was excited. Then I heard it has NO ONE from the best part of the series. So now I am against it.

And I think that's the general consensus on this.
>>
I've loved the show for as long as I can remember and this is just awful.
If I was dead, I'd be rolling in my grave
>>
>>63536628
Joel has old man syndrome. He wants the show to be "for the next generation" so he hires internet e-celebrities instead of actual funny people.

Felicia Day is literally the most cringey thing. She's like someone's sister in a school play.
>>
Mistie fans had to put up with that horrible Pearl Forrester character for three years. I think they can survive Felicia Day for 12 episodes.
>>
He already tried to revive MST3K with Cinematic Titanic. It sunk as quick as its namesake. Meanwhile, Riff Trax is doing awesome.

It turns out MST3K was really only good because Mike was the head writer. You can't have the show be successful without him regardless of how many puppet robots you make.
>>
File: compromised.jpg (129 KB, 425x282) Image search: [Google]
compromised.jpg
129 KB, 425x282
Can't fool me. Like most modern "reboots", this is an impostor wearing the skin of a defiled corpse.
>>
>>63537762

If Mike is so talented why is he continuing to rip-off Joel's creation? Why not use his comedic writing talents in other fields than movie riffing?

Unless you think Veggietales is the next hot thing.
>>
>>63538251
He's talented in movie riffing. Who gives a fuck what else he can do? MST3K wouldn't have been what it was without him.
>>
>>63538251
If he likes riffing and he's good at it, why stop?
>>
File: mst3k-duel.jpg (72 KB, 600x385) Image search: [Google]
mst3k-duel.jpg
72 KB, 600x385
>>63538251
Steven Universe or Veggietales?
>>
MST3K was Reddit before Reddit.
>>
I don't mind the R&M guys writing for it.

It's the Ready Player One guy that has me worried. Just a hack who thinks 80s references are comedy gold.
>>
>>63538664
>>63536672
I got this feeling when I tried to read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

It's obviously not that such an old book is Reddit, it's like Reddit is a site where tens of millions of retards pretend to be Douglas Adams
>>
>>63538636
Veggietales
>>
>>63537576
Now it is
>>
>>63538251
I know this is low quality bait, but fuck it.

Joel didn't invent riffing. It was a common thing on local stations across the nation back in the day. He created mst3k for a local station, where it ended up getting cancelled then picked up by the comedy channel. He hired a lot of talent then including Mike who eventually became head writer. The MST3k humor that you're aware of is more due to Mike than Joel. Its what he's best at, so of course he's going to continue doing it. He's not ripping off Joel in anyway since rifftrax doesn't use anything that Joel created.

The only person you can claim is ripping off Joel in anyway is Carrot Top since they're both terrible prop comics.
>>
>>63536788
Good. Fuck the republicans.
>>
File: crow.jpg (270 KB, 1029x1203) Image search: [Google]
crow.jpg
270 KB, 1029x1203
>Joel wants 5.9m for a 13th episode now

>>63540087
I had someone tell me once that Carrot Top influenced Joel
>>
>>63541688
He's rocketing past the $5.5 million mark hours before the deadline hits, why not?
>>
>>63541688
At least he said it'd be a christmas special.
>>
>>63540435
>and that's the target audience
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.