[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished season 1 and enjoyed it though I keep hearing how
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: Homeland.jpg (765 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Homeland.jpg
765 KB, 1600x900
Just finished season 1 and enjoyed it though I keep hearing how it turns complete shit later on.

So my question is, when does it get shit?
>>
>>63533741
Watch it and decide for yourself faggot.
>>
>>63533781
Last show I did that for was Dexter.

I'm not going to let that happen again.
>>
>>63533741
Season two isn't nearly as good but still quite stong. Seaso 3 is a let down. There are some tense moments but you can tell the writers are running out of steam and structurallyit's a bit of a mess. Season four takes a few episodes to find its bearings but once it does it's quite good. Great even. Though, at this point it's much less of a character study and more of a man-on-a-mission action thriller. Haven't seen any of season five yet.
>>
I remember Season 2 being a little too 24-like and more fanciful / less realism, but still pretty good. First half of season 3 was shit and it got interesting at the end. Season 4 and 5 I figure one would enjoy if they like seeing the political issues explored. Season 4 was a good Afghanistan/Pakistan war story, and Season 5 is quite slow but very topical and touches on Syria
>>
>>63533741

it gets shit in season 3, but seasons 4&5 are the best of the series
>>
American Propaganda:The Series
>>
>>63533831
>Season four takes a few episodes to find its bearings but once it does it's quite good. Great even.
No, season 4 is a tonal mess and full of terrible plot decisions and weak characterization.

OP it's funny you mentioned Dexter because this show is going down the exact same path of not knowing what the fuck it's supposed to be and trying to have its cake while eating it too. It's been floundering since season 2 and only getting worse. This season is among the most worthless TV I've seen since Magic City.
>>
>>63533883
>American Propaganda:The Series
Not sure if bait but so far (only season 1) it doesn't seem like it.
>>
>>63533883
Cool it, Ahmed.
>>
>>63533864
>season 4
>Best
ha ha ha
>"Quinn bangs the fat chick" subplot
>Trite bait & switch story with Behrooz that in hindsight added nothing whatsoever besides some scratches on Saul's face
>Vengeful Islamic terrorist gives big anti-Christian speech to Saul, but gets completely silent when Saul says "I'm a Jew" like he's just been rekt
>Storming the base through secret underground tunnels
>The same damn "mole" storyline we've seen so many times
>It drags out way too long, culminating with the Brodie hallucination episode
>The one blonde woman in Islamabad manages to not only get close to the most beloved terrorist undetected but nearly pulls a fucking gun on him before Muslim Brodie stops her
>That whole last episode

And my personal favorite gem from the Homeland writers:
>Senator Lockheart refuses to open the door even when the two nobodies get killed
>Suddenly a real character is in danger
>ALRIGHT ALRIGHT I'M COMING OUT
>Quinn refuses direct confrontation even when he sees the secrets get handed over
>Real character gets stabbed
>He shoots 90% of the terrorists

Season 5 is also dogshit. Anything related to Quinn and falling ass backwards into a terrorist cell, the chick from Lord of the Rings delivering awkward dialogue with Carrie (demonstrating their absolute lack of chemistry), the garbage journalist and hacker characters, JE SUIS GABECHOUD, the evil Russian who's evil because he is damn it!, on and on, it's been a fart in the wind. And they renewed it! This is Dexter-tier.
>>
basically

1 = 3 > 2 >>>> 4 >>>>>>>>>>>>> 5

they removed all the cute actress so fuck that
>>
>>63533969
I agree with you.
>>
>>63533969
Yeah, I feel disconnected from everyone when they lavish praise all over shit like Fargo and the Leftovers, but when I saw more than a few people defending season 4 and some calling it the best season of Homeland I genuinely felt like I had slipped into insanity. You forgot the most ridiculous part of the season, that fucking ambassador's husband subplot and him being able to sneak into the director of the CIA's apartment by using Nancy Drew tactics.
>>
>>63534828
holy shit, is this wrong
>>
>>63533936
It's pretty even keeled for the first 3 seasons. Season 4 is straight up propaganda, I'm pretty sure they jettisoned an episode at the eleventh hour because it involved Quinn torturing someone for information and the CIA torture report had just come out.
>>
File: 1436549815006.jpg (45 KB, 714x323) Image search: [Google]
1436549815006.jpg
45 KB, 714x323
>>63533741
Here is my gist:

Season 1:
Is he one of us? Or one of them? You don't know until the very end. Very exciting throughout.

Season 2:
Literally the same double agent thingy going on, but you know exactly where he stands. Not very exciting. Oh and what a stupid side story with his annoying daughter. The ending was a legitimately good surprise, though.

Season 3:
First half: Only Carrie, that pretty cool assassin and the annoying daughter.
Second half: Brody doing his double agent thingy, but oh wait, you know exactly where he stands.

Haven't watched it since. Although I heard the 4th season was better and stopped the decline of the show.

The 5th season is still ongoing, I believe? I don't have the motivation to watch it, because I fear another Dexter, too. Maybe after it has finished I will give it a go.
>>
File: 1377027498034.jpg (102 KB, 720x368) Image search: [Google]
1377027498034.jpg
102 KB, 720x368
>>63533896
>>
>>63533741
It has it's moments, but the whole "every season Carrie's fucking a new guy and OOPS, I didn't take my meds..." is getting old.
>>
>>63539497
Also, getting sick of hearing Claire Danes hissing whenever her character is supposed to act like she didn't like what she was just told.
>>
>>63536622
It honestly just sounds like you have garbage tastes.
>>
>>63534828
objective rating coming through
1=4>2>5>garbage>shit>3
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.