[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Oh hai, /tv/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (123 KB, 435x580) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123 KB, 435x580
Oh hai, /tv/
>>
Can't wait to see how Franco ruins this. What the fuck was he thinking casting himself as Tommy?
>>
Hey Reddit
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 505x431) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 505x431
>>63532816
>The room is reddit
>>
>>63532848
>The film had regular showings in many theaters worldwide, often as a monthly event.Fans interact with the film in a similar fashion to The Rocky Horror Picture Show; audience members dress up as their favorite characters, throw plastic spoons (a reference to an unexplained framed photo of a spoon on a table in Johnny's living room), toss footballs to each other from short distances, and yell insulting comments about the quality of the film as well as lines from the film itself.
>>
>>63533135
is rocky horror reddit?
>>
>>63532581
James Franco is only 5'11, and looks freakishly tall in comparison to that dude, which means that dude in green is a turbo-manlet.
>>
File: annawi.webm (156 KB, 902x672) Image search: [Google]
annawi.webm
156 KB, 902x672
>>63533153
>>
>>63533228
that's his brother Dave who's like 5'6"
>>
>>63532581
The Disaster Artist was a fantastic book. It would've translated perfectly into a serious / tragic movie with dark humor in the right-hands of a competent screenwriter and director.

Instead we have James Franco and fucking Seth Rogen. Literally "DUDE WEED LMAO" humor the movie. Fucking hacks.
>>
>>63533306
Looks like the genetics keked him good.
>>
File: 1449782687569.jpg (23 KB, 598x399) Image search: [Google]
1449782687569.jpg
23 KB, 598x399
>>63532848
>>
>>63533337
An Ed Wood styled adaptation is what this book screams for, but I guess it's easier to go for a safe cash in of a phenomenon and make it a lame comedy.
>>
>>63532816
hey retard
>>
>>63532581
This upsets me. The only redeemable quality about Franco is that he doesn't seem to take himself seriously, but he is still a complete hack and his brother is also another leeching parasite of his undeserved success.
>>
Franco is going to fucking ruin it. He's a shit director and based on casting news he's just picking his comedy friends instead of somebody who fits the part. Book is so much more than "LOL TOMMY'S SO WEIRD", there's a darkness and sadness underneath
>>
James Franco is too good looking to play Tommy Wiseu
>>
>>63534466
To be fair - are there any people in Hollywood ugly enough to play Tommy? Being attractive is a major requirement for a lead actor. I guess Stalone 15 years ago would've been perfect, he has the same fucked up body
>>
>>63533566
he's fucking alison brie
>>
There isn't really a point in adapting Disaster Artist. The Room is interesting because it's unintentionally very funny. The story told in Disaster Artist is interesting because it's fun to get an insight into how an obviously mentally mildly disabled guy from somewhere in the Balkans put together a movie. But why would you try to make a movie out some behind-the-scenes trivia?
>>
>>63534672
It's a character study, most of the book is about Tommy and the authors relationship to him

And Tommy is from Poland
>>
>>63534792

Still... I guess I just don't see a point of adapting a book that's not a novel, especially if it's about a person who's still alive and not all that historically significant.

And I really would have assumed he was from Romania or something.
>>
>>63534521
Stallone's body with Steve Buscemi's face
>>
>>63533566

Him
>engaged to Alison Brie

You
>posting epin memes all day on a Lithuanian box folding forum

Who's being c ucked by life?
>>
>>63534871
Greg Sestero portrayed a very strange, sympathetic and sometimes cruel man

His original home came out last year by sleuths working on info in the book, his family is from Poznan.
>>
You know who would be a good choice to direct this? Werner Herzog
>>
File: daniel day-lewis.jpg (21 KB, 298x445) Image search: [Google]
daniel day-lewis.jpg
21 KB, 298x445
>>63534414
>tfw we'll never see DDL explore the darkness and sadness as Tommy
>>
>>63532581
That guy who plays Wiseau isn't fit for the role. The was some effort for the hair but his face is just too normal. Tommy looked like some crazy serial rapist escaped from a supermax prison.
>>
>James Franco
>Dave Franco
>Seth Rogen
>Josh Hutcherson
>Zac Efron
>Kate Upton
Fuck this movie is going to be trash
>>
>>63533228

5'10 actually. Dave is a turbo manlet. He's banging Alison Brie though so I doubt it bothers him too much.
>>
>Mark shorter than Johnny

Garbage
>>
>a movie about The Room
>James Franco
>James Franco's brother
>Seth Rogen
This is some strong reddit, family.
>>
>>63535793
b-but manlets c-cant learn
>>
Dave is really a dead ringer for Greg.
>>
I love The Room with all of my heart and soul, I pray that this is decent, I would feel broken if I watch this and its terrible.
>>
>>63536098
Just read the book, it's great
>>
>>63533618
Damn, Denny got old.
>>
>>63536435
He was like 26 when they shot the film
>>
>>63536128
Or listen to the audiobook narrated by Greg Sesteros himself and doing spot-on impersonations of Tommy.
>>
bet they'll break character in some parts cuz james franco is a legit artiste
>>
File: 1449707504619.png (71 KB, 703x822) Image search: [Google]
1449707504619.png
71 KB, 703x822
>>63535069
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.