[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How exactly are the Star Wars prequels "bad"? I watched
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: preqi.jpg (108 KB, 1024x441) Image search: [Google]
preqi.jpg
108 KB, 1024x441
How exactly are the Star Wars prequels "bad"?

I watched the original movies first then ended with the prequels and they seemed fine to me.
>>
Normal people are fine with them.

It's the autistic fanboys that hate them.
>>
The amount of shit that TPM gets is really underserved imo
>>
>>63532022
Overuse of CGI
Overuse of callbacks to OT
Tonality all over the plays
Bad dialogue
Bad acting
Lack of protagonist/bland protagonist
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
Sheev's ultimate plan to take over the universe was basically this (I think):

1. Order the Trade Federation to blockade Naboo.
2. Capture the Queen of Naboo
3. Force her to sign the treaty

(However this doesn't make sense because the treaty would be the end of the Naboo crisis and thus foiling Sheev's plans)

Sheev also orders to kill the two Jedi on the Trade Federation ship. I guess he did this in order to escalate the Naboo crisis. However, two things. 1. How did he know Nute Gunary could successfully kill the Jedi? 2. If they did kill them, won't they just cover it up and pretend like they were never visited by the Jedi?

Ok so the Jedi aren't killed, save the Queen and escape. So Sheev orders Darth Maul to find the Queen. So in the meantime, Sheev is doing stuff in the Galactic Senate.

The Queen isn't captured by Maul, and makes it to Coruscant. The Queen then orders a vote of no convince for Chancellor Valorum, which leads to Sheev becoming Chancellor.

So this leaves me with the question, why didn't Sheev just let the Queen just fucking escape to begin with to Coruscant?
>>
>>63532076
phantom menace was on tv last night, fuck i forgot how annoying jar jar was, made the movie almost unwatchable. What the fuck was george thinking
>>
>>63532270

Ok let's break down Sheev's plan in Episode 2.

Sheev orders Dooku, who orders Jango Fett, who orders Zam Wesell to kill Senator Padme. Padme is the chief opponent in the senate to the creation of an army for the Republic. Padme isn't killed though and Zam Wesell dies. Padme, along with Anakin, go to Naboo to hid, while Senator Binks takes over for her in the senae. Obiwan starts hunting downing information on the other bounty hunter, so Obiwan goes to the Jedi archives to find out about the darts that kill her, finds out the info has been deleted, so he asks his friend Dex about the darts, Dex just happens to know the planet. So Obi-wan goes to Kamino, finds the clones and bounty hunter, tells the Jedi council, who tells the senate. Obi-wan than tracks the bounty hunter to Geonosis, Obiwan kinds the droid army being built, along with the conspiracy for the creation of the CIS plotting to leave the republic. So obi-wan manages to tell the Jedi and the senate about this conspiracy before he gets captured, and they start talking about giving the chancellor emergency powers to create an army. So Jar Jar goes to the senate fool and purposes the bill, thus setting the state for Sheev becoming dictator.

However, what if none of these events happened the way they did? Can Sheev see into the future?
>>
>>63532022
>How exactly are the Star Wars prequels "bad"?

They're clunky, languid, meandering, boring, badly paced messes, filled with way too many scenes of people sitting around in meetings talking. There's almost no emotional weight to any battle sequences in the films, even the overly choreographed lightsaber duels have little emotion to them. The plotlines are terribly convoluted. Even John Williams' score isn't used effectively. In general, they needed serious help in editing, both in terms of scripting and constructing the films in post.
>>
File: episode 1.webm (2 MB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
episode 1.webm
2 MB, 900x675
>>
>>63532270
>>63532468
Sheev's goal in Ep1 was to use the Naboo crisis to expose what a weak incompetent faggot the old chancellor was so he could get his office. Everything else, he didn't give a shit about. He ordered the jedis killed to escalate the conflict, he probably knew Gunray might fail to kill them
There's two ways to look at it: Either everything just happened in a way that worked out very well for Sheev, or everything that transpired did so according to his design

Same shit in Ep2. He probably planned to ship Anakin and Pamde together. Question is whether Obi-Wan's visit Dexter Jettster's diner and its consequences were also part of hi plan, or just a very lucky coincidence for him: In the end the army was created and war broke out
>>
Basically the OT is reddit tier and the prequels are great. /thread. Autistic fags say otherwise.
>>
Same O.P.
>>
Autism.
>>
>>63532022
Watch the Plinkett reviews of the prequels.
>>
>>63533498
youtube.com/watch?v=KseqzmcqQBQ
>>
>>63532022
Memetic opinion.
There were some butthurt 'opinion-benders' who were too hyped and expected too much for their own goods. They made their magic at news outlets and blogs (or, like the beloved Prinklett, vlogs) and, voilá, now everyone and their mothers hate those movies, except kids and people who watched them again without letting the opinion-bending magic work on them.

By the way, I don't like Jar Jar Binks, but I understand his purpose and I comprehend he's not there for me to like him, but for another part of the audience to do so.
>>
>>63532768
Just imagine
>>
>>63532768
>muh movie duels
>>
Because le ebin youtuber said so.
>>
>>63533649
Imagine being me in the Jedi Temple and having to be all like "damn, Anakin, you fuckin' edgy, all brooding with your angry eyes and horrific androgynous monster hair. I would totally have train you, both as your master and your friend." when all I really want to do is train a different youngling in the practice chamber. Like seriously imagine having to be me and not only sit in my Council chair while Anakin flaunts his disgusting pride in front of me, the favorable opinions of the other masters barely concealing his childish incompetence and hatred of sand, and just sit there, meeting after meeting, hour after hour, while he perfected that glare. Not only having to tolerate his monstrous fucking visage but his haughty attitude as everyone in the council chamber tells him he's THE CHOSEN ONE and DAMN, ANAKIN ACTS LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch his smug fucking gundark face contort into types of grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been training nothing but a healthy set of Padawans and Knights and later murdered younglings for your ENTIRE CAREER coming straight out of the boonies on Stewjon. You've never even seen anything this fucking cringey before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on his boyish face as he tries to frown angrily at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to sit there and revel in his "destined (for that is what his calls himself)" purpose, the purpose he worked so hard for by winning podraces in the previous years. And then Master Yoda calls for another meeting, and you know you could kill every single person in the chamber before the Council could put you down, but you sit there and endure, because I'm fucking Obi-Wan. I'm not going to lose my future Tatooine retirement over this. Just bear it. Hide my face and bear it.
>>
>>63532695
>Even John Williams' score isn't used effectively
nah
>>
>>63534226

I really don't think it is. This isn't so much a criticism of Williams score as it is how Lucas used it. Think about the long, awkward silence in the score during the arena battle on Geonosis, or the clone army being introduced to the "Droid Invasion" motif rather than having their own theme (which they have, the variation on the Imperial March heard at the end of the movie). And there are no great "Battle of..." pieces for any of the prequels that you can just walk the paces of the battle through the music alone by. It's really a lot like how Howard Shore's score for The Hobbit was treated by Jackson.
>>
>>63534753
Leit motif mumbo jumbo aside, all of the music in the prequels is very well placed, silence included.

The ONLY real issue is that some of the score in episode III is to low in the mix.
>>
THe prequels would be much better if they were presented in a grey way, where the separatists have good and well explained reasons to drop the republic, and they form drafted armies, while the republic creates the clone troopers, and the Jedi are seen as the bad guys helping disposable clones kill army men and women.
>>
>>63532022
There's nothing wtong with them. In many case they're better than OT which got ton of illogical stuff by the way.

New Trilogy is trashed mostly by sheevfags and 12 yo edgelords who refuse to like anything that happened 2000+. They also overvalue everything from 70s - 80s.
>>
>>63535020

How would that at all be "grey" and why would that in any way be better?

>>63534856

We're going to have to agree to disagree.
>>
>>63535725
>New Trilogy is trashed mostly by sheevfags and 12 yo edgelords who refuse to like anything that happened 2000+. They also overvalue everything from 70s - 80s.

I really think you're operating under grossly mistaken assumptions. Tweens & teens today, the ones who grew up with the prequels first and The Clone Wars on TV, are the ones coming out of the woodwork now to defend them (well, TCW needs no defense, it's excellent).
>>
>>63534221
That's sad.
>>
>>63535020
>>63535829
The Clone Wars did it so and it was a much, much better approach.
>>
>>63532022
what kills it for me, and what kills prequels in general
you already know what's gonna happen, so what's the point?
>>
>>63534226
But it isnt, the only music from the prequels I can even remember is duel of the fates, the rest of it is horrible or misused and unmemorable.
>>
>>63538369
Your shit memory doesn't make the music forgettable.
>>
honestly cinema sins did a good job explaining some of the shittyness of episode one
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.