[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't he take Anakin back to the ship after dismembering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 736x312) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 736x312
Why didn't he take Anakin back to the ship after dismembering him?

>nurse him back to health/convert back from
dark side
>the Emperor loses his apprentice and Obi-Wan gets his best friend back
>Padme doesn't die of butthurt
>>
>>63526953
Because it was his duty as a Jedi to kill any Sith he encountered. Real fucked up order, those Jedi, I tells ya.
>>
Why do you waste your time thinking of alternative scenarios to an autistic movie set in a fictional universe completely invented by a confirmed hack?
>>
>>63526953
Would you touch and drag a burning disfigured piece of shit child killer that would writhe and scream "I hate you owwwww! while flaying around his little chosen one stumps?
>>
>>63526953
Someone that not only betrayed you, his wife, and his sworn oaths, but also killed a bunch of kids and tons of other people decides to attack you. At that point leaving them for dead is going soft on them.
>>
>>63526953
He wasn't a good friend
>>
>>63527063

Maybe drag him out before he caught fire? There were a few minutes between the dismemberment and the burning
>>
>>63527065

The most Jedi-like thing to do would be to show love and compassion, even when it doesn't seem deserved
>>
>>63527018
>guys stop talking about movies on the movie board :(
>>
>>63527115
>don't criticize my star wars thread when the board is completely flooded with it right now :(
>>
>>63527153
show me 17 other threads about star wars then

you can't
>>
>>63527065
>>63527111
This, also he was a good friend.
>>
>>63527018
>set in a fictional universe completely invented by a confirmed hack

I got bored with the bible.
>>
>>63527153

>stop talking about things I don't like this is MY private corner of the Internet reeeee
>>
>showing mercy means signing the death warrant of millions

I would have chopped him into kibble then thrown the chunks into the lava.
>>
File: 1446312167704.jpg (96 KB, 792x558) Image search: [Google]
1446312167704.jpg
96 KB, 792x558
>>63526953
>Padme doesn't die of butthurt
>>
>>63526953
Because High ground
>>
You were the chosen one! It was said you would destroy the baneposting, not join them! Bring balance to the board, not lead it to the big guys!
>>
>>63526953
There's no guarantee that he would turn back to light side, and he just generally deserved it.
>>
Because he was following his emotions and not the jedi way. If he was doing it the Jedi way, he would have likely brought him in to Yoda but at this point Anikan has fallen so low ethics can start becoming questionable.

Obi Wan acted out of anger
>>
This actually is a pretty good point, and adds some shades of grey here. Really, Obi-Wan came to talk Anakin down... or kill him, there was no middle ground. Jedi don't believe in redemption from the dark side. This is one of the things that made Luke and his ability to see the good in his father special.

I wonder if Yoda already had the plan to save him with love, but Obi-Wan just fucked it up? To be fair, Obi-Wan is indirectly responsible for half the woes in the galaxy, in one way or another. At least in Legends.
>>
>>63527422

This. I'm surprised OP didn't know this.
>>
because anakin just killed a room full of kids. he was absolutely irredeemable . there is nothing obi wan could say to the council to justify trying to salvage him
>>
>>63527012
Duty? the jedi are suppose to give them a fair trial . It's not like " hurrr durr da nice guyz kill da bad guyz"
>>
Because Jar Jar manipulated him
>>
>>63526953
Because everything he had been taught told him that Anakin was already lost. He maintains this belief throughout the OT, until Luke proves him wrong and finds the good still in Vader.
>>
>>63528470
No, I'm pretty sure Yoda in the OT was with Obi Wan in trying to convince Luke to just kill Vader.
>>
>>63526953
I'm almost sure that he tough for a moment that he died.
>>
>>63528470
There was NEVER any middle ground. There was only the high ground, which Obi-Wan took.
>>
File: 1449785886533.jpg (33 KB, 500x329) Image search: [Google]
1449785886533.jpg
33 KB, 500x329
>>63526953
>well-trained jedi
>giving up the high ground ever
I don't think you even watched the movie tbqh
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.