[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we hate on this piece of shit again?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: boyhood-teaser-poster.jpg (850 KB, 1000x1482) Image search: [Google]
boyhood-teaser-poster.jpg
850 KB, 1000x1482
Can we hate on this piece of shit again?
>>
>>63525565
I liked it though.

>inb4 le 12 years meme
>>
>>63525565

I'd say it's probably one of the most profoundly moving masterpieces of the 21st century. Linklater and Malick are two of the only geniuses in art that I know of who are able to espouse a genuinely optimistic view of existence without sentimentality and treacly bullshit. Fuck Boyhood is so good. It's too bad you guys have been ruined by the memes on this board so that you can't even see its quality.
>>
Why?

There's no good reason to hate it.
>>
Not a chance redd*t movie buff. Linklater understands exactly what it's like to be in that awkward stage where you're growing up; that to be a kid is to have things be completely out of your control and be a passenger to your own life; to be a teenager is more than just angst and rebellion, it's trying to make the most of your youth when you don't know how to do it.

Because Linklater understands how the more you grow up, the more adult conversations start to make a scary amount of sense, and the more you start to have them yourself; it's a pretty heartbreaking thing to continue to grow up and see just how flawed your parents are.

Because Linklater understands that the little moments count more than anything else. Camping with dad. Small conversations you have with family and friends. That ride home you get after a good long night with friends. Lying in the grass and staring to the skies - the future is a scary prospect but that's okay.

Because Ellar Coltrane starts off as a pretty good child actor and only manages to get better as Mason gets older and emotions get more complex. Everyone in this film gives a stellar performance, especially Patricia Arquette as a mother trying to hold it all together.

Everyone who sees this film will say they saw part of themselves in the film, and also hopefully get the point because all this rambling with all these "becauses" still hasn't done anything to really get at the heart of the film and they never will.
>>
>film over the course of real person's life so things are especially realistic
>still somehow end up Dawson Casting
>>
>>63525565
It was not bad. bretty good even
>>
File: 2.jpg (39 KB, 738x371) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
39 KB, 738x371
>the most non-jewish modern film
>/tv/ hates it
BRAVO /tv/MBLR
>>
Patricia Arquette was fucking hot in this
Those fucking tits
>>
Story was boring and unremarkable. You could get the same narrative from scrolling someones facebook timeline or profile pictures but without having to waste 3 hours of your life.
>>
>>63525619
>>63525628
Is this a meme? It was neither profound nor an accurate portrayal of 'growing up'.
>>
>>63525628
Nice pasta brah
>>
>>63525565
I think you meant to click on /r/movies
>>
>>63525781

I'm sorry to tell you that you probably have a rather small brain
>>
>>63525565
>again
We never stopped.
>>
File: mason7.gif (320 KB, 160x150) Image search: [Google]
mason7.gif
320 KB, 160x150
mason a cute
>>
>>63525565
why is his arm so short?
>>
File: 1407544207020.jpg (22 KB, 480x600) Image search: [Google]
1407544207020.jpg
22 KB, 480x600
>>63525919
I agree with this fellow intellectual
>>
Epic in technical scale but breathlessly intimate in narrative scope, Boyhood is a sprawling investigation of the human condition.
>>
>muh photography
>>
>>63525565

Why? It was an interesting project and it's great that it came to any kind of fruition.
>>
>>63525628
>the movie was awkward, poorly paced, monotonous and aimless because so was muh childhood. dat maks et gud.

pls leave reddit
>>
File: youuu.png (626 KB, 1000x542) Image search: [Google]
youuu.png
626 KB, 1000x542
SOULJA BOY UP IN THAT OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH
>>
>>63525565
OMFG BUT IT TOOK 12000000000 YEARS TO MAKE!!! THAT MEANS IT MUST BE GOOD!!
>>
>>63526119
Cause he's gay.
>>
Compelling portrait of what it's like to be gay in a small town. It's such a beautiful moment at the end when Mason no longer is pressured to exhibit attraction to women, and is free to strike up a friendship with someone likeminded, who shares his interests - nature, shopping, boys, liberalism, etc.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.