[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I can appreciate the finale more now that I've seen it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 1
So I can appreciate the finale more now that I've seen it a second time. The joke about everyone having a gun was really obvious. The overall theme about PC not necessarily being bad, but that people dedicated to something they strongly believe in canbe manipulated as others like Mackey and Kyle, because we're all human and we just need to communicate and care about each other more was nice.
But it still felt underwhelming, they couldn't fit a lot into this last episode I think.
What do you think?
>>
Liberals btfo by south park again
>>
>>63526122
Southpark isnt that simple in satire

All of you cheerleaders screaming GOAT SJWS BTFO are going to be disappointed when the other shoe falls.
>>
>>63526163
>>63526122
SJW and liberal aren't synonyms retards
>>
>>63524593
I'll be real with you OP. This season confused the shit out of me. I'm beginning to think I'm completely out of the loop when it comes to current events.
>>
Why so few people got/mentionned the clear ISIS/islamic terrorism refrence throughout the episode. Aside of PC Principal's ending speech, there was a part in the middle talking about radicalisation on the internet, etc.

I was hoping for a terrorist attack on South Park during the episode. Seems that Parker's point was that if everyone have a gun, then yeah, there couldn't be an attack. You can see it at the gun show when, sucessively, 2-3 squads of people come with guns but can't do shit.
>>
>barbrady didn't accidentally go on a mass shooting spree.
>>
>>63526191
Like the average shitposter bothers to distinguish.
>>
>>63524593
So next season if PCP is still a character will he play the role of a sort of likable ombudsman?
>>
>>63526232
>be sitting on a train
>everyone has a gun
>terrorist shouts allahu akbar and blows everyone up before we realize whats going on
>>
>>63526191
>implying there are any sane liberals nowadays
Don't feel bad, it's not like there's any smart conservatives these days. Both sides are shittier than ever and we're all eating it up.
>>
>>63526306
Do you ever get tired of this shtick?
>>
>>63526320
What shtick would that be? I'm not either of the guys that the post was responding to, if that makes a difference.
>>
New south park is bad and anyone who likes it should feel bad.
>>
>>63526232
>Seems that Parker's point was that if everyone have a gun, then yeah, there couldn't be an attack.

No, he was satirising that argument by taking it to absurd extremes.
>>
>>63526306
I think corporations and the wealthy should pay a bigger share, that doesn't mean I hate white men, or have a mental break down everytime someone makes a joke about women, or I ever want to restrict anyone's freedom of speech.
>>
>>63526640
this;
just like every conservative or republican isn't a complete bigot that wants to make Muslims illegal and give guns to every one

particularly in this season, South Park made fun of both extremes
>>
>>63526232
If you didn't notice, they all eventually started point the guns at each other. If one guy pulled a trigger literally everyone would be dead from shooting one another.
>>
I don't care what he turned out to be, I still want to see PC Principal die a long and agonizing death.
>>
I was entertained, although overall I felt disappointed in retrospect. The whole mystery behind Leslie was that she was an advertisement, really? This plot 'twist' had no clout what-so-ever, in fact, the entire weight of this 'twist' was only levied at the last possible moment with ads only becoming an issue mid-way through the episode.

P.C. Principle stole the show, Matt and Trey effectively created a character I hated but wound up liking at the end.
>>
>>63526758
This
>>
>>63526736
Isn't that the idea behind MAD diplomacy (a successful tactic that lessened tension between two militant world powers despite continued trade restrictions)?
>>
>it wasn't crab people

FUCK this gay earth
>>
>You're expelled
that was actually fucking great
>>
>>63527147
No seriously, they had a golden fucking opportunity here. Absolutely golden. But they squandered something funny because they would have rather made their point and taught their lesson. This is the problem I have with South Park these days. I still enjoy the show, but I miss it just being shenanigans that weren't just political shit.
>>
>>63527284
I was thinking this

I miss when south park episodes were either self contained stories in their world or if it was making a political statement or social statement, they made it so fucking absurd that it was entertaining
>>
>>63524593
nathan for you was better desu desu
>>
>>63527314
I'm really hoping this was their 'goodbye' to that thing of thing and that they are going back to being silly. Like, they just wanted to take one big grand shit on everything political and social before going back to just being funny. I mean I highly, highly doubt they will, but I hope so.
>>
>>63527351
everyone loved it so i assume they'll stick to it sadly
which means we wont get any more gems like crab people
>>
Taste like crab

Talk like people
>>
>>63526191
they still overlap on most topics, have fun wrapping your head around that one you liberal.
>>
>>63527633
Make fun of feminists and Muslims, I don't give a shit. I laugh at them too.
>>
>>63527132
That doesn't really apply to individuals.
Imagine a Rodger who just doesn't give a fuck.
Everyone dying would probably appeal to him.
>>
Reality best character desu senpai
>>
>>63526362
But this is Renaissance South Park, not Modern South Park.
>>
>>63527391
This whole time i thought it was:
Look like crab, Taste like people
>>
>>63527132
>MAD diplomacy (a successful tactic

kek

All MAD did was make the superpowers outsource their war to third world countries. US and Soviet Union proxy wars in places like Korea, Afghanistan, Venezuela, Vietnam, Iran, Iraq, etc etc etc has claimed more lives than anyone is willing to admit let alone take responsibility for.

Then there was the looming threat of global nuclear annihilation on top of that. It's called MAD for a reason.
>>
>>63528064
I'll take credit for every dead communist dog.

I wish we killed more.
>>
We can all agree that "ads" is just a metaphor, or a very narrow example, of the media being paid to foster divisiveness and extremism right?
>>
>>63528132
I would say it's pretty direct. It's about how invasive advertisement is destroying media. I dare you to watch Good Morning America.
>>
>>63528154
I don't even own a television anymore, haven't watched the damn thing in nearly 5 years, so I don't really know what it's like these days

I just hate ads in general. Part of me wants to just go out and graffiti every billboard in my city with "ad-block" stencils.

They may have a right to say what they want in the form of ads, but they don't have the right to be heard
>>
I was hoping the joozians were behind it
>>
>>63524593
>use the internet obsessively
>rarely see ads
I didn't really get it.
>>
>>63528898
The average person doesn't use Adblock
>>
>>63528154
I literally refuse to watch tv, and if I do its ad free oeta channels
>>
>>63524593
The joke was people using SJW/PC as a gimmick to make you buy their dumb shit because you think they're on your side against a make belief boogie man.
>>
>>63526736
>If you didn't notice, they all eventually started point the guns at each other. If one guy pulled a trigger literally everyone would be dead from shooting one another.
This is why the first thing people teach when you first handle a gun is:

"NEVER point this tool at anything you're not prepared to destroy."

The second is trigger discipline.

This episode also shows that most people have restraint and common sense not to just shoot at each other.

There's over 320 million guns (NICS) to 750 million guns (ATF) out there in the US alone. Why aren't everyone shot by a bad guy yet? Because getting shot from a non-gang-related incident is more rare than getting hit by lightning and most gun deaths are suicides (which you can do with just about any other item around and is the reason why Greenland, Japan, and Lithuania have really high suicide rates even with very strict gun laws).
>>
>>63528154
Why would you even watch Good Morning America?
>>
>>63524593
I guess that makes sense.
>>
>>63526191
They pretty much are today

A liberal even 2 years ago is a fucking moderate now
>>
>>63529060
It was on ABC when I turned on the channel the other morning. I decided to check it out and it turns out it's a two hour long ad for ABC/Disney. Honestly, these people are really fucking unethical with what they consider news.
>>
>>63526306

You are the one eating it up chum. The only reason you are so familiar with the extremes is that you are the one consuming it.
>>
>>63529031
Are Japan, Greenland and Lithuania's suicides gun related though?
>>
>>63529060
Did you even read the first half of his post?
>>
>>63528898
>being too retarded to notice ads
>>63528915
>thinking adblocker blocks all the ads

havent you paid attention?
>>
>>63528154
>I dare you to watch Good Morning America.
I watch the Today show every day my man. Matt, Savanah, Natalie, Al, and Carson Daly can sell me anything they want
>>
>>63526736
> I know nothing about guns
>>
>>63528064
Hurrr
>>
>>63530217
WOOSH
>>
>>63530217
>Japan
>suicides being gun related ever
You can get arrested for having a knife inside your car over there. They have a law that finds its origins in the 1800s that bans any and all civilian possession of weapons. It's why they have an bb gun culture there to replace actual gun ownership.
>>
>>63531445
>bb gun
AIRSOFT YOU FUCK!

MOM GODDD
>>
>>63524593
Why do they have guns when they haven't even been taught how to properly handle them?
>>
>>63524593
>2015
>popup ads
>2015

IMPRESSIVE
>>
>>63526364
Exactly. Trust Americans to miss the point.
>>
>channel in my country was airing the entire season yesterday
>commercial break
>"this episode was sponsored by..."
>>
>it didn't mirror my political worldview
>finale was shit
>>
>>63526685
>bigot
I don't think that word means what you think it means my friend
>>
>>63528898
yes, you do.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.