[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anyone else enjoying this man's slow decline from pop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 11
File: stephen-colbert.jpg (184 KB, 703x1000) Image search: [Google]
stephen-colbert.jpg
184 KB, 703x1000
Is anyone else enjoying this man's slow decline from pop culture phenomenon into complete mediocrity?
>>
yes. fuck l*bshits. trump 2016
>>
No, I don't care whatsoever. Let Stephen and John fade away.
>>
is it that bad?
I haven't seen anything since he switched to the late show, but I wondered how he would be received once he dropped the shtick he picked up all his fans with
>>
File: image.gif (978 KB, 245x234) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
978 KB, 245x234
>>63523836
It sounds like you care though
>>
>>63523854
He has worse numbers than Seth Meyers
>>
>>63523782
>better gig means less notoriety

Showbiz is weird
>>
>>63523782
Yep. He had a quality show that was genuinely entertaining, but he sold out hard, he deserves it. I don't know why people expected he would be doing anything unique. I was more sad about Craig leaving, at least he wasn't leaving for a bigger paycheck.
>>
>>63523908
damn
they should have known though
most young people barely have traditional television, let alone watch late night talk shows
getting Colbert to appeal to the "young crowd" was a giant blunder
>>
>>63523782

Not enjoying it. He is a genuinely good dude and it isn't insufferable with any sort of political correctness, he kind of hovers above it all with a playfulness that doesn't take sides. The man is a quality entertainer.

He did sell out hard though so I'm not sad over it, either. But I wouldn't say I'm "enjoying" it. That would be something a cunt would say.

Like this guy:
>>63523815
This guy is a cunt.
>>
I miss the Report and his old character
>>
>>63524262
>He is a genuinely good dude and it isn't insufferable with any sort of political correctness
I dunno, he seems pretty apologetic for his white skin whenever he talks to minority comedians.
>>
He's just not snarky anymore, and maybe a little played out. Did everyone from the Colbert show go over with him for writing? If not, then he's probably missing a lot of the magic that made Colbert great.

He's really trying to keep the ball rolling with the politics despite that the Late Show isn't really geared toward that. The Late Show is more of an everyman thing for a bunch of casuals.
>>
>Colbert
>"pop culture phenomenon"

Colbert was never a "pop culture phenomenon".
The Colbert Report was just another faggy unfunny show on Comedy Central that dumb liberal college students and Facebook Dads talked about and nobody else really cared about.
>>
>>63524262
>muh blogpost
>>
>>63523967
Craig never had very good numbers, so he wasn't getting paid much. Name Game + increased ability to tour and he could make just as much if not more.
>>
>>63524421

No he was. You disliking him doesn't change that.
>>
>>63524370
>Did everyone from the Colbert show go over with him for writing?

His head writer was on Conan for the last 15 years. So he doesn't have the exact same writing staff.

He was a big fish in a small pond. The only thing he used to be compared to was Stewart. Now there's 4 other shows that could get better ratings than him.
>>
>>63523782
>>63523836
At least John is actually doing something meaningful post-Comedy Central.
>>
Is CBS going to replace him in 3 months like NBC did with Conan
>>
>>63524357
when was he ever sorry for his white skin lol
>>
>>63524421
>Colbert was never a "pop culture phenomenon".
kek are you in the South, a flyover state, or a dirty ferrener?
>>
>>63523854
I first became a megafan lf Colbert during his stint on Strangers With Candy in the early 90s. His older stuff is incredible. He was great on TDS, better on TCR, and I watch his Late Show religiously. He is the epitome of class and his guests are of a higher caliber than other talk shows.
>>
>>63523782
yes , he is a dick head
>>
>>63524421
Except that multiple studies confirm that TDS and TCR viewers get more ACCURATE information than Fox News viewers.
>>
>>63525800
Go to bed, Stephen.
>>
Jokes about republicans got old
>>
File: lol.jpg (65 KB, 667x637) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
65 KB, 667x637
LOL
>>
>>63524483
> I had to read more than six words
>>
>>63525849
>a 30 minute segment of "DUDE CONSERVATIVES LMAO"
>more accurate news than a news channel

Yeah somehow I don't believe you. You got a source or just fucking making shit up to sound euphoric?
>>
>>63525874
I'm serious. He's been my favorite comedian since I was 12 years old. He's gonna be doing this job for the next 28 years and I couldn't be more pleased to have an alternative to the SNL idiots' shows. Kimmel is a good show, despite it's host, I'll admit.
>>
>>63524611

>I liked him so he was a "cultural phenomenon"!

Holy shit. Daily/Colbert-drones are delusional.
>>
>>63525920
> 'appearance'

you were an altar boy Stephen, you know how to get on your knees and stay there
>>
>>63525849

Oh wow, sounds like horseshit.

Can you back that up with any peer-reviewed studies or are you just a typical Leftist faggot making shit up?
>>
>>63525950
Google, you fucking retard.

https://www.google.com/search?q=fox+news+no+news+study&oq=no+news+fox+news
>>
>>63525987
http://www.alternet.org/media/science-fox-news-why-its-viewers-are-most-misinformed
>>
>30 minutes of a smug faggot behind a desk going "DUDE REPUBLICANS LMAO"
>"pop culture phenomenon"
>>
>>63525950
>Believes Fox is news

Hahahahahahah
>>
>>63526025

>http://www.alternet.org

Nope. Not one page-view from me.
>>
>>63526000
>>63526025
>>/reddit/
And please consider using a spoiler tag, the next time you so brazenly use the r#%ard word ok??? Reported for hate speech.
>>
>>63526000
>>63526025
>liberals
>not even once
>>
>>63526000

Now google "Is the Daily Show biased?". Also I see no mention of millenial's favorite """"news""" show in your link.
>>
>>63526041

They don't edit phone calls to make them sound more "racist" or publish articles about completely made-up gang-rapes, so they're are by default more accurate than the typical Leftist drivel that passes for news.
>>
>>63525800
I feel similarly. If he waters or dumbs down his show I will drop it immediately. I hope this guy has integrity and enough chutzpah to keep his show the same regardless of whether the lowest common denominator grok it. If this guy lowers his level even one notch I will stop pirating his show for-fucking-ever.
>>
>>63526000
>>63526025

You mean the "No Spin Zone" is actually all spin and no facts? No!

You mean conservatives have to avoid facts because numbers prove liberal government is better than conservative government? So weird!
>>
>>63526087

>numbers prove liberal government is better than conservative government

Holy shit, are you actually expressing this belief?
>>
>>63523782
No, I was hoping he would spell the beginning of the end for that smug fuck Fallon. Now I have to pin those hopes entirely on cocaine.
>>
>>63526085
Just because you think mass shootings and racism are staged doesn't mean you're right, senpai.
>>
>>63526025

>"informed" on political issues

So basically if they express the Liberal opinion they're "informed".
Real scientific.
>>
>>63526085
>soundbite vs headline

Ask your autism councilor about context sometime.
>>
File: 1311648486959.gif (479 KB, 335x335) Image search: [Google]
1311648486959.gif
479 KB, 335x335
>>63523782
No, I think he's a funny guy and a good writer. I wish him success even if his political beliefs are different than mine.
>>
>>63526087
Damn the other boards were right when they mentioned how /tv/ has completely gone to shit. I thought the Reddit invasion was just a joke.
>>
>>63526112

>Just because you think mass shootings and racism are staged

lel, what?
What does this even mean?

Can libshits no longer even form coherent arguments any more?
>>
>>63526041
>channel tends to lean more to the right
>HAHAHAHA OH WOW THIS IS NOT "REAL" NEWS
>>
Why do people take political comedy so seriously? Are you that insecure that you can't laugh at someone who has a different opinion than you> Are you all really 15?
>>
>>63526087

>You mean conservatives have to avoid facts because numbers prove liberal government is better than conservative government?

Holy fucking shit, this is hilarious.
Take a look at some of the cities in America with Black Democrat mayors and hardline democrat voting-bases.
There's a reason they're fucking shit-tier. Baltimore is so shit-tier that its own citizens lit it on fire.
>>
>>63523782
Letterman had a tough go of things at first as well. He has already learned, at least he is getting better at correcting this, to stop being a patronizing bag of dicks to guests. Once he stops being a pretentious fuck to the audience he'll do well because he is much funnier than any of the other network guys. His only other competition talentwise is on TBS
>>
>>63523782
A little.
>>
At the end of the Bush presidency, GDP was at negative .03 percent. As of July 2015, GDP growth is at 3.7 percent. (Economic growth up 4% and rising.)

On 16 January 2009, just before GWB left office, the Dow stood at $8,281. On 22 September 2015 it closed at $16,330, or nearly double.

The repeal of Obamacare is a major part of the GOP’s plan to “take America back.” Back to what? Back to the more than 14 percent uninsured rate we had under Bush. Obamacare has dropped that number to 9.2 percent, with 17.6 million fewer people uninsured today than in 2008.

The President has little to nothing to do with the cost of gas, unless his policies affect the areas where oil is abundant. Places like Iraq and Iran come to mind. There’s also some selective amnesia, with people remembering the price of gas being $1 per gallon under George Bush. Nothing could be further from the truth. On 15 July, 2008, gas hit an all-time high of $4.12 per gallon. AAA reports that on 22 September, 2015, gas averaged $2.28 per gallon.

The simple truth is that when Bush left office the unemployment rate was 7.8 percent and rising due the recession he caused. As of August, 2015, that number is down to 5.1 percent. The way that number is calculated by the Bureau of Labor Statistics doesn’t change because the president is black.

And just for fun, Pic Related is Clinton vs Bush.

Bush 1. Republican destroys America.

Clinton. Liberal makes America great again.

Bush 2. Republican destroys America.

Obama. Liberal makes it great again.

Trump wants to destroy America by pretending it's bad now when it's actually doing fantastic 8 years out from the Republican Great Recession. And he wants to do it while wearing a hat thay describes liberal government.
>>
>>63526186
He thought that carrying over his style from Clobert Report was a good idea. Talk shows exist to sell things. You can't sell things when you're a dick to everyone. Only Donald Trump is capable of that.
>>
>>63526239
lol shut up fag
>>
>>63526145
"People are saying" Fox is legit. Ahahahah. Lrn 2 Outfoxed.
>>
>>63526178
>some of the cities in America with Black Democrat mayors and hardline democrat voting-bases.

These places inherently have way more problems to deal with than unpopulated rural red zones. You shouldn't conflate having no problems to solve with being able to solve problems well.

Even following the logic that there's blue and red zones when most of the US is purple.
>>
>Liberals actually tune-in to watch a smug overopaid faggot behind a desk shriek at them about what to believe.

There are like 8 of these shows already airing simultaneously.
Do you people just have zero standards? Or will you just watch anything that regurgitates your opinions in front of you to clap like a trained seal to that also features le epig celebrity guest stars?
>>
File: IMG_20151209_165558.jpg (1 MB, 1918x1918) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151209_165558.jpg
1 MB, 1918x1918
>>63526239
>>
>>63526278

>These places inherently have way more problems to deal with than unpopulated rural red zones.

Have you ever asked yourself why?
Maybe it's due to decade upon decade of shitty government?

Most of it is COMPLETELY inexcusable.

http://www.snopes.com/katrina/politics/carcrush.asp
>>
>>63526281
You're in the wrong thread, mate
>>
>>63526287
lmao how assblasted were you when you made this?

literally go back to reddit
>>
>>63526239
>>63526287
literally furious
>>
>colbert dying on late night
>literally no one watching le angry black man in colberts old slot
>daily show ratings in freefall

Is it safe to come out now, fellow conservatives?
>>
>>63526239
>this awful bait
just fuck off, kid.
>>
>>63523908
No fucking way. Shiieeeeet
>>
>>63526287

Now do one for Obama!
>>
>>63524262

He doesn't 'hover above it all' - compare his interview with Ted Cruz to that of Bernie Sanders. He's an agenda-driven leftist and the only people who watch him are other leftists, which is why the right is having such fun laughing about his numbers.
>>
>>63526239
obama didnt fix shit. the bubble popped and he got to be there when another one formed.
>>
>>63523782
He's extremely milquetoast and nasal. Never grasped his appeal.
>>
>>63526398

>Is it safe to come out now, fellow conservatives?

No, they're still stonewalling people's careers for questioning Obama, as per usual for the "tolerant" Left.
Stay stealthed for now.
>>
>>63526414
Conservative arguments, everyone.

>Wahhh the numbers prove Republicans fail at government
>O i no i call it b8
>>
File: Obama Deficit.jpg (68 KB, 540x675) Image search: [Google]
Obama Deficit.jpg
68 KB, 540x675
>>63526436

This.
>>
>>63526436
>He formed another one
Fix'd
>>
>>63523967
>he sold out, hard
Nigger, every Colbert fan in the world was pushing him to take this job. Stop being Captain Hindsight for five fucking minutes and you'll realize he was just trying to appease his fans.

I think he's done a great job, by the way. The new show is great and his selection of musical guests is far and away above any other late night host that's ever done it (except for maybe vintage Conan).
>>
>>63526482
So we all agree that another Clinton is the only possible right answer. Great.
>>
File: Colbert-Reddit-upvote-gif.gif (3 MB, 795x478) Image search: [Google]
Colbert-Reddit-upvote-gif.gif
3 MB, 795x478
>>63525800

Check your email for the 4chan Gold I just gifted :^)
>>
>>63525982
Hey reddit!
>>
>>63526519
Did the right people buy her off?
>>
>>63526482
I wish I could draw caricatures that well...
>>
>>63523782
>this thread
Teenage conservakeks running wild. I guess you guys must be out of school on Christmas vacation.
>>
>>63526580
Exactly. Anyone alive for the last 25 years can actually remember how much better off their family was under that mean blowjob president.
>>
>>63526239
>GDP
GDP is nothing more than a measure of corporate profits. It says fucking nothing about the quality of life the average American enjoys.
>>
I want to hear his take on NetHack 3.6 already, what's the fucking delay? Also he should do more transhumanist shit, no other late night host CAN even do what he does. Interview Vernor Vinge dude, I know you're reading this.
>>
>>63526613
I guess the last 8 years don't mean anything than, you fucking smug kuckold?
>>
>>63526519
Actually there was no 200 billion surplus.
>>
>>63525800
did you also have mild depression last week?I even had a dream where I got the Colbert bump real hard.
>>
>>63526087
>Liberal governance working
>The unmitigated fucking socioeconomic fiasco that is California

Go climb a wall of dicks
t. Anon in San Jose.
>>
>>63526519

HW was the last good president
>>
>>63526964
O look California recieves less federal aid even with all its migrants and minorities than any republican state.

So basically your full of shit.
>>
>>63527328
>>
>>63526482

^This is a racist cartoon playing on the vicious racial stereotype of black men having larger penises. I have reported your post and expect it to be removed.
>>
>>63526493
What are you talking about? Because of him leaving, late night comedy central is terrible now. While the two might not be related, I wouldn't be surprised that Jon left because he didn't want to be the loser stuck on CC while his protege went on to do late night. It has nothing to do with his fans and everything to do with the gig, Mr. Hindsight.
>>
It's really a shame

Just like Conan, neither guy could turn down their dream job, and it ruined them both
>>
>>63527349
Why is the south so poor and stupid? How does a rich ass state like Texas get away with taking so much?
>>
Why are the posts about the Late Show being drowned out by irrelevant commentary about politics?
>>
I just don't get why he had to do it

I get that the Late Show was his dream or whatever. But he had probably the most unique and smartest character on television. His work on The Daily Show and Colbert was all based around this character

Why did he have to fucking sell out and drop the whole act to fall for the "help celebrities shill their boring projects" scam?

I mean I expect that from a completely fake, talentless hack like Jimmy Fallon who only cares about making his celebrity friends feel important and playing ridiculous games with them for social media presence.

But why, Stephen?
>>
>>63528029
Because it's a prestigious chair, and people on Television care about that kind of thing.
>>
>>63523782
I'm glad it's going downhill.

Craig should have got the show like he was originally meant to.

Fuck Letterman.
>>
>>63528029
>things people who don't actually watch the Late Show think

Colbert is still smart and subversive as ever, and breaching even more boundaries than he did with TCR.
>>
File: 14698467935935690376.jpg (25 KB, 480x364) Image search: [Google]
14698467935935690376.jpg
25 KB, 480x364
>>63527328
>California

they also get to pay for overflowing prisons and enjoy almost the absolute worst education in all the 50 states.

im sure the uneducated, criminal and disloyal immigrants will solve all of Californians problems in the future though
>>
>>63523782
I just want him to go back into voice acting.
>>
>>63528305
Could you please post something related to Stephen Colbert and/or the Late Show?

I mean, you're just making wildly off-topic posts here!
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.