[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm so sick of seeing movies with big recognizable actors
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: memeson peak.png (1 MB, 1280x688) Image search: [Google]
memeson peak.png
1 MB, 1280x688
I'm so sick of seeing movies with big recognizable actors in them.

I know every single actor in this and the actors look like they aren't even trying, just reciting their lines. I don't care if they are good actors they are too famous at this point.

This is why Pan's Labyrinth will always be superior.
>>
>>63513606
>not thinking Maribel Verdu is a recognisable actor
pleb pls leave.
>>
>>63513606
Sounds like a case of autism.

You should stick to cartoons, kid.
>>
>>63513639
Everyone in this fucking movie is recognizable that's the problem with it. I don't believe anything happening at all. I know these people are just acting.

And on top of it all this fucking CG. Terrible. They could just have this black woman using a real woman and some make up and smoke machines not this CGI crap.

What the fuck now Burn Gorman is here. What terrible casting across the board.
>>
This is why I never get immersed in movies with Tom Cruise. I always see Tom Cruise playing Tom Cruise pretending to be some guy. But he's always Tom Cruise
>>
>>63513808
My thoughts exactly. He plays himself in every movie
>>
>>63513808
>>63513916
Classic Plebs.
>>
>>63513606
I feel the same way OP. If I ever made movies I would use unknown people, because using known stars makes it so obvious that it's a play.
>>
>>63514198
Where as watching unknown actors makes you think it's real?

Are you actually retarded?
>>
>>63514271
Well, not REAL, but it doesn't break my immersion.

Also, when actors give interviews about the character it just cheapens the character to me. But I'm sure that's just my autism speaking.
>>
>>63513808
>>63513916
Yeah, but I don't have a problem with it. Especially if they're just action movies.
>>
>>63513606
>the fat turbo autist types as he watches his freshly torrented copy of Crimson Peak, a movie that has been out of theaters for months and discussed to death already
>this fat turbo autist thinks his opinions matter in the slightest.
>>
>>63514271
>Where as watching unknown actors makes you think it's real

It doesn't hurt. Unless it's an super famous actor I supremely love that manages to make me forget about them as a human just acting, like Marion Cotillard in Deux jours, une nuit it's just distracting.

The problem I have in particular in this film is every single person is recognizable. I hate it. It's just distracting from the story.
>>
>>63514546
Do yourself a favor and watch Can't Hardly Wait.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.