[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did The Martian get nominated in the comedy or musical categories?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: golden-globes-logo.jpg (88 KB, 900x546) Image search: [Google]
golden-globes-logo.jpg
88 KB, 900x546
Why did The Martian get nominated in the comedy or musical categories? Also, general Golden Globe discussion.
>>
>I have to science the shit out of this

If that line isn't in a comedy you have a retarded movie. Also if Ben Mendolson loses again we riot.
>>
>>63510230

HFPA are notorious for nominating as many movies as they can that have the biggest actors/actresses in the world so that they'll actually come to their glorified kegger

see: Johnny Depp's The Tourist as a best picture nominee
>>
>>63510275
>Ben Mendolson
Been a fan of his ever since Animal Kingdom.
>>
>>63510275
Reddit tier humor isn't comedy.
it is sad.
>>
File: Clooney lol.webm (817 KB, 634x516) Image search: [Google]
Clooney lol.webm
817 KB, 634x516
>caring about the awards themselves
I only watch them for the year's worth of reaction images/gifs/webms and sometimes funny things they give us
>>
Supporting Actor in Drama film is the best. Classic Dano, Shannon and Stallone.
>>
>>63510451
On the plus side, screeners should start leaking like crazy
>>
Why was Fargo given the "limited series" nomination instead best series drama or comedy?
>>
>>63510230
Hey if the book isn't gonna win any awards because of shitty pandering to retarded ideologues and tranny lovers might as well give the movie tons of nominations.
>>
The 5 nominated movies in the most important category (Drama) are all stories filled with whitey, there's practically no Diverse Black or Muslim actor in sight. Look at Carol trying to be progressive and include lesbians into a mainstream movie - but ofcourse everyone in that movie is WHITE. We could have had a beautiful diverse movie about a Pakistani and a Somalian woman falling in love... Nut nooo even when trying to be progressive whitey complete fails to get it and just perpetuates the same racist cracker ass shit they've been doing since that misogynist Alexander stole our Rightful Egyptian kingdom.

And the other 4 movies are worse..its ridiculous did we learn nothing from the controversy of last years Oscars?? makes my happy we are starting to force diversity upon these trolls and racists. i hope one day to see a golden globe wihtout a white actor or director in sight...
>>
>>63510620
>since that misogynist Alexander stole our Rightful Egyptian kingdom.
lost
>>
>>63510230
So Surprised for the attention and love Jobs gets ans soo happy for Fassbender he's nominated. I hope he wins the Oscar.
>>
>>63510230
Too many literally who's on those lists.
>>
>>63510957
Are you shitposting, or being sincere? Haven't seen it yet.
>>
File: 1432420754777.png (57 KB, 472x500) Image search: [Google]
1432420754777.png
57 KB, 472x500
>Alicia Vikander for The Danish Girl
>Alicia Vikander for Ex Machina
Bra jobbat, Alicia
>>
>>63510230
I don't know. Why do you care?
>>
>>63510230
the studio chose to submit it as comedy to have better chances of winning
they don't care if they look retarded doing it
>>
>>63511506
What? What's to shitpost about?

I'm gonna see the movie tommorrow myself..
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.