[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Television is the worst art form
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: farewell.png (1 MB, 1066x1600) Image search: [Google]
farewell.png
1 MB, 1066x1600
>inherently compromised by ratings
>nothing truly different will ever work
>low budget per episode
>very few talented directors who understand basic cinematic principles
>characters pander to the audience so that they can identify and keep watching
>they all have to have a happy ending because "muh feels"

The worst medium out there.
>>
>>63508124
Thanks for telling us what we already know

the current state of video games is MUCH worse than tv
>>
>they all have a happy ending
have you ever watched a tv show
>>
What can be done to fix it?
>>
>>63508780
>Wwwaaaahhh! MOMMY! WHY AREN'T VIDEOGAMES LIKE THE GOOD OLD DAYS!

There was never a "state" where videogames were good you manchild.
>>
>>63508796
Many things. What will be done? Nothing. As long as the general public is content with eating shit, shit will continue to be shat out by networks looking to further pad their bank accounts.
>>
>>63508821
>what is 1998

I'm sorry you were born too late, son.
>>
>>63508844
How much of autistic manchild do you have to be to defend digital children's toy.
>>
>>63508895
Gavin pls go.
>>
>>63508895
just autistic enough for /tv/

sounds like someone doesn't belong here. come back in a few years when you've developed more autism
>>
>>63508124
Movies, video games, and TV shows are not an art form in the first place.
>>
>>63508796
Independent funding (like from Sundance or Tribeca or something)
Broadcast on some web streaming service
Nothing can really be done about low budget except somehow get more money
Bring an actual director on board
Tell the audience to fuck off and make the show you want to make
Give it the ending it needs, not the most satisfactory one

I think we've seen only one example of this, but I can't say what without kickstarting the shitposting wars. Anyway, the general public basically rejected it.
>>
>>63509632
yea movies can't be art. cinema and film are art though
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.