[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone explain this movie to me? I don't get it. no,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: Frankweb_2795601b.jpg (56 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
Frankweb_2795601b.jpg
56 KB, 620x387
Can someone explain this movie to me?
I don't get it.

no, seriously I don't
what was the point?
why was it so praised?
>>
File: frank_02.jpg (386 KB, 2560x1536) Image search: [Google]
frank_02.jpg
386 KB, 2560x1536
>>
>>63505120
If you didn't "get"it while watching it there's nothing any of us can say to make you appreciate it more.

You're just a pleb to be frank.
>>
>>63505120
The point was for Michael Fassbender to show his acting skills by covering up his pretty boy face and acting like an autist instead of being charismatic.
>>
File: Eddie Murphy Coming to America.jpg (55 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Eddie Murphy Coming to America.jpg
55 KB, 400x400
>>63505642
>You're just a pleb to be frank
>to be frank
>frank
>>
>>63505120
I haven't seen it myself, but somebody compared it to the stories about the recording of Troutmask Replica by Captain Beefheart. Is this true?
>>
No talent hack tries to alter group to become famous.
>>
Distinguished artistic endeavor vs artistic talent.

A highly motivated young man joins a unique and talented band, ends up using them to get famous, and overall ruins the band and the music they created, just because he felt that he should be famous.
>>
It's shit.
>>
>>63505797
we all got it buddy
>>
It made me want to fuck Maggie Gyllenhaal.
>>
Its a fairly simple story. Should have been able to get it.

Its not very good. Better second half than first half
>>
File: frank.jpg (88 KB, 1200x500) Image search: [Google]
frank.jpg
88 KB, 1200x500
Anybody else very sexually attracted to Michael Fassbender wearing the mask? Kind of want to suck his dick if he stayed in character as Frank.
>>
>>63505902
Except they were all mentally ill and pretty shit. And so was the movie.
>>
>>63507093
it's because you know it's fassbender under there.
>>
>>63505797
wow how new are you? there are no upboats here, do you know that, right?
>>
File: 1449181486332.jpg (41 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
1449181486332.jpg
41 KB, 480x640
>tfw watched the movie not knowing Fassbender was under the mask
>>
It's because he wants to be moral orel
>>
I saw the mask gimmick and instantly hated it. How is anyone fooled by this fucking garbage? I'm supposed to get emotionally involved in a story where this dudes friends let him wear a papier-mache helmet shaped like his own head? God damn the clumsy symbolism is eno ugh by itself, but my friends would beat me up and call me a faggot for wearing something so obnoxious, you know, like REAL friends would
>>
>>63507784
did you not see how TRIGGERED he got when the mask was removed? They accepted him for who he was.
>>
File: frank.jpg (81 KB, 433x316) Image search: [Google]
frank.jpg
81 KB, 433x316
>>63507784
>gimmick
>Frank is a fictional story mostly inspired by Frank Sidebottom, the comic persona of Chris Sievey who is thought to have given his backing to the film before his death, but the plot was also inspired by other musicians like Daniel Johnston and Captain Beefheart.[8][12] Jon Ronson, who co-wrote the film, was part of Sidebottom's band, and the plot began as an adaptation of his writings but later became a fictional take on it.[11][13]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcAME_Hs9mg
>>
>>63505120
The movie makes a lot more sense when you realize that "Frank" wasn't his name. His actual name is "Carol".
>>
>>63507784
Uh, dude, those people are not your friends. You should probably revisit what "friend" means.
>>
>>63505120
>what was the point?
Alright so the movie's main point is pretty basic and shit, but it does it in a kinda smart and original way.

By what's shown at the end, the message is pretty clear, ''You don't need to change yourself to have more friends'', keep being your weirdo self and hanging around with your weird crazy friends that you love, you don't need anyone else, etc...

But the movie uses some concepts of music to convey that.

When the movie starts Frank and crew are a bunch of weirdo maniacs in synch, they make their own original weird music and are pretty happy with themselves. It's when Jon gets introduced into the fray that shit starts to change. The collapse of the group starts when Jon ignores everyone's feelings to manipulate Frank into giving the band a shot at popularity, but to that, adding to the fact that Jon is a pussy-ass bitch, they needed to appeal to a wider audience, and then get more fans, so they needed to change the music, and that's when shit gets fucked.

It's a pretty nice allegory or whatever it's called.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.