[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Godzilla
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: 1449741682070.gif (3 MB, 621x753) Image search: [Google]
1449741682070.gif
3 MB, 621x753
Just finished watching the original.
Should I skip the Showa films? They look fun, but I feel like they're just going to be boring, drawn out garbage.
>>
>>63503663

Why do you feel that way?
>>
File: 1414361886651.gif (929 KB, 264x320) Image search: [Google]
1414361886651.gif
929 KB, 264x320
Jesus fuck that's terrifying, who designed that Godzilla?
>>
>Should I skip the Showa films?

This is literally the most faggoty thing you could ever ask
>>
>>63503894
Hideaki Anno. It's the new Godzilla design for the Japanese relaunch.
>>
>>63503663
dont skip them all. there are some gems. though there are many in the showa, so you won't want to watch them all. the 80s shit is where its at. the 2000 stuff is good too.

pumped for the re-re-reboot
>>
>>
>>63504603

FW Godzilla looks like he crawled straight out of the bowels of hell
>>
File: 1400412418730.jpg (44 KB, 358x500) Image search: [Google]
1400412418730.jpg
44 KB, 358x500
quack
>>
>>63503663
>They look fun, but I feel like they're just going to be boring, drawn out garbage.
There's plenty of both, actually. But as for which movie is which, that depends on who you ask.
>>
>>63503663

Skipping any Showa movie with Mechagodzilla should be defined as a criminal act
>>
File: annoisis.jpg (424 KB, 2000x1205) Image search: [Google]
annoisis.jpg
424 KB, 2000x1205
>>63504463
>Hideaki Anno

No... No no no no no no no, not again!
>>
>>63504736

It's ok anon, Anno has always loved live action stuff and with this he won't have to deal with rabid Reifags
>>
There are some good Showa-era Godzilla movies. Vs Gigan, Vs Hedorah, and Vs Mechagodzilla are the ones that jump out off the top of my head.
>>
>>63503663
>gif
damn you! I shat myself when its eye moved!
>>
File: Godzilla.jpg (729 KB, 842x3110) Image search: [Google]
Godzilla.jpg
729 KB, 842x3110
Posting the definitive guide.
>>
>>63503663
I'm late af but no. Showa gets shit on by Heisei-fans who can't see the greatness, but you should watch them all. Some noted gems of all eras:

Showa:
Godzilla Raids Again (admitably not great, but a GOAT fight)
Mothra vs Godzilla (i consider it overrated a bit, but a seminal godzilla film)
Invasion of Astro Monster
Son of Godzilla (gets shot on a lot for then mid, but real great and gives you a taste of him Fukuda)
Destroy all monsters
Godzilla vs Gigan
Godzilla vs Megalon (it's fun as hell)
Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla (legitimate GOAT of Showa era)
Terror of Mechagodzilla (close second)

Heisei:
Godzilla 1984(Japanese version on metacafe is best)
GodZilla vs Biollante
-most Heisei films after are hit or miss but personally I enjoyed Spacegodzilla and Mechagodzilla 2

Millennium:
Godzilla Mothra King Ghidorah
Godzilla x Mechagodzilla (GOAT)
Godzilla Final Wars (watch after done with Showa. Basically 70s godzilla with millennium effects with a style like army of darkness and john woo)
-people ignore it, but Megaguirus is underrated tbqh

The new 2014 one is good but but not a top 10
>>
>>63503663
>Should I skip the Showa films?
PLEASE Watch the entire series except mabye Godzilla's Revenge.
>>
>>63508896
>Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla (legitimate GOAT of Showa era)
>Terror of Mechagodzilla (close second)
There is no way whatsoever that VS MG is better than Terror...
>>
>>63509007
But it is Mr. Bond:

Vs Mechagodzilla:
-Literally best paced godzilla film
-never a full moment
-editing helps the film keep a brisk pace
-funkiest score of all time
-end fight is a legitamete contender for best godzilla fight
-4 awesome kaiju in one movie

Terror of MG:
-well done drama in the movie, however it tends to drags bit in the middle
-the editing of the movie is a bit bi polar. Scenes like the car chase and other parts feel slow paced and can drag, but the monster action is franetic fast paced. It's wierd
-also great ending that was ruined in the original us cut

Both are top tier, BUT while the first isn't as deep or dramatic, it's a near perfectly crafted action thriller with some intrigue along the way
>>
>>63506675
would actually be a decent infographic if it wasnt for that shitty font at the top
>>
>>63506675
>tokyo SOS higher than godzilla x Mechagodzilla

Honestly this can't be true
>>
I thought the 2014 one was boring shit
>>
As expected of the master
>>
>>63509225
didnt seem like he was ranking them at all
>>
>>63503663
I hope this is less Eva and More gunbuster

I don't want this movie to be some edgy as hell dark gritty movie that is just unpleasant to watch. The 1954 one is none of that and still has the darkness in it
>>
>>63509275
He put ones like highly recommended and consider it. Seems like a rank
>>
>>63509292
>I don't want this movie to be some edgy as hell dark gritty movie that is just unpleasant to watch
Fuck you mother fucker!
>>
>>63509292
This.
Blame it on the early 2000s to make dark and edgy that hard to separate.
>>
>>63509383
Of all the imagery from the film, that scene was the scene that always stuck with me. Even as kid I knew beyond the awesome dragon/dinosaur that this was some serious stuff here. Was amazed that the is version actually kept that
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.