[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Futurama at it's peak the funniest animated show ever?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 7
File: cuckarama.gif (68 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
cuckarama.gif
68 KB, 1024x768
Was Futurama at it's peak the funniest animated show ever?
>>
No, kindly fuck off.
>>
>>63503586
Probably.
That said it probably died for the better.
>>
>>63503603

Do you have an opinion to share friend?
>>
>>63503586

hell no
>>
>>63503586
It was THE most reddit show ever
>>
No.
>>
The Life & Times of Tim made me laugh more than Futurama ever did.
>>
>>63503586
Yes.
>>
>>63503586
Nope, it's ricky and morty and you know it
>Rick and Morty
>Bojack
>Simpsons until season 10
>American Dad
>Archer
>Futurama
but it's up there with the best
>>
>>63503907
what are some 4chan shows i can like to get your approval?
>>
>>63503969
the filthy frank show
that bitch that pretend she's crying
sam hyde
tim& eric seems to be regarded as the pinnacle of comedy here
>>
>>63504006
>filthy frank
LITERALLY reddit
Didn't read the rest
>>
>>63503978

I like you because you explained your opinion but those are really weird criticisms. Every show will incorporate some kind of 'random tier' comedy on occasion but I feel that Futurama hardly ever relied on it.
>>
I love Futurama. It's one of the comfiest shows ever. But I doubt I laughed more than a handful of times throughout seasons 1-5.
>>
>>63504039
whyd do that you were so close
>>
File: blimp[1].jpg (144 KB, 703x347) Image search: [Google]
blimp[1].jpg
144 KB, 703x347
>>63503978
>My god, a million years
>>
>>63503586
The problem is that Futurama didn't get popular until after it was cancelled.
That's why you have so many meme faggots who say it's their favourite show. Hell, I'd be willing to bet that a large portion of "fans" hadn't even been born when the show first aired.
>>
>>63503978
>I liked when Fry was an "everyman" of mediocre intelligence who had a semi-cool attitude, rather than being a silly retard
But Fry was always a retard. The only episode where his mental defect is downplayed is the pilot.
>>
They did have a kek obsession in the later seasons

>leela having sex with zapp in front of fry
>amy wanting to fuck fry right in front of kiff
>amy constantly cheating on kiff and banging other guys
>other examples i can't remember
>>
>>63504242

>Labrabra leaving Hermes to go bang barbados slim
>Fry's gf keking him with 4 other guys
>>
>>63504242
To be fair, Kif was always meant to be a pussywhipped beta.
>>
>>63503978
very early futurama was about an everyman exploring a crazy future and was permeated by a sense of awe and alienation. unfortunately it very quickly transformed into a show about a colossal idiot doing comically stupid things in a mundane world that is exactly like the present day except with random sci-fi references. so instead of neat gags about future society, like the suicide booths or the moon being a tourist trap, you just have a wacky idiot running away from a (robot) mafioso or a (robot) policeman or whatever.
>>
fry wasnt an everyman.
he was grew up in the 80s
>us 80s kids amirite
>>
I started watching Futurama when it first came out with my brother when I was 5 and it's original run is still my favorite TV show 16 years later.
>>
>>63503955
>(you)
>>
>You're Jamaican? I thought you were some kind of outer space potato man

just typing this made me giggle like a retard
>>
>>63503955
>American dad

0/10
>>
>>63504039
>LITERALLY reddit
LITERALLY autistic
Didn't read the rest
>>
i like futurama more for the stories than the humor, but that's not to say it isn't funny
>>
Considering its peak was its first entire first run, yeah.
>>
>>63503978
>I liked when Fry was an "everyman" of mediocre intelligence

Literally when?
>>
OH FUFF
>>
>>63504219
why is that a problem?
>>
>>63504584
Not that guy, but it being popular after cancellation directly lead to the abortion that was season 6.

Were it popular as it originally aired we could have got a few more seasons of prime futurama.
>>
No.
>>
File: can_I_borrow_a_feel.jpg (35 KB, 403x382) Image search: [Google]
can_I_borrow_a_feel.jpg
35 KB, 403x382
>>63503586
No, Family Guy and the Simpsons were tied at the top of the funny charts for years in the late 90's.
But futurama was still a close second for its first eason or two
>>
>>63503955
this is a terrible list
>>
Did Futurama steal the simpsons writers?

It started it's heavy decline around the time futurama started.
>>
>>63505133
David Cohen was a write for the Simpsons before Futurama, plus several of the Futurama staff writers had written episodes of the Simpsons before.
I wouldn't attribute it to the decline of the show overall though.
>>
>>63503955
>at its peak
>at its peak was 2000 2004 (whenever first cancellation was)

Half of the shows you listed hadn't been created yet, simpsons was good and american dad was alright too. Futurama was the best.
>>
>>63503969
Beavis & Butt-head
>>
>>63503955
>no family guy
>>
>>63505556
The most 4chan show.
>>
I was the sexiest
>>
>>63505556
this was so shit though

like its legitimately embarrassing how low quality the show was

heheh... heh... score on the slots... hehe
>>
>>63504306

Bingo.
>>
>>63503978
What will all you nostalgia fucks thinking the designated dumb-joke guy used to be a "not so smart but with x"?

Homer, Fry, and Peter from Family Guy were always fucking retards. Always. They always did things, even in the very first episode, that no rational human being would ever do. What's true is they used to learn something as a morale of the story thing but they were still always cartoonishly dumb
>>
File: oops.gif (590 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
oops.gif
590 KB, 320x240
>>63503586
yes
>>
>it's like a balloon... and something bad happens
>>
>>63503586
kill yourself for even thinking this
>>
rick and morty is
>>
>>63509739
bad
>>
Simpsons at its peak was pure perfection.

futurama at its peak was almost as good, but not quite there.
>>
>>63503586
Yes
>>
>>63503586
No, but it was the memeist
>>
>>63503586
Clone High was
>>
>>63504209
god the pilot episode of futurama was so comfy
>>
KOTH
O
T
H
>>
File: liquidanger.gif (1018 KB, 499x327) Image search: [Google]
liquidanger.gif
1018 KB, 499x327
>>63511150
This.

Clone High or Frisky Dingo.
>>
>>63503586
No, I like Futurama but it's euphoric as fuck, most of the characters are unlikeable edgelords.

Golden age Simpsons on the other hand
>>
>>63512895
>Futurama characters
>edgelords
Did we watch the same show?
>>
>>63513028
The only main characters whose humor derives from something other than being smug and edgy are Zoidberg, Amy, Zapp and Kiff.
>>
>>63504006
pupinia?
>>
>>63503586
Something being "the funniest show ever" is a strong assumption and I won't make it

But the first 4 seasons of Futurama (before the dark times, before the straight-to-dvd-movies) was really good

It had good humour, it was quite smart, the characters were likeable and weren't one sided caricatures, the political agenda from the producers was minimal or non-existent, the animation was sufficient and had a certain charm

The fact that Futurama got cancelled after 4 seasons was the best thing that happened to Futurama because it ended the original series in a hight point. Unfortunately Futurama didn't stay dead and it's reddit-zombie-corpse created the very mediocre, stupid and puerile movies. But then it got worse

The seasons after the movies was a huge pile of political steaming shit. One sided unlikeable characters, reddit "humour", massive amounts of liberal left propagandad. At least now Futurama is dead. Let's hope it stays dead
>>
funniest? no
comfiest? at season 4 yeah
>>
File: 1447634273299.jpg (161 KB, 1462x1462) Image search: [Google]
1447634273299.jpg
161 KB, 1462x1462
>futurama before watching star trek
heheh wow this is funny! that zap brannigan sure is a character :^)

>futurama after star trek
>mfw

its really one big parody of star trek
>>
It wasn't the funniest show ever but deserved a better fate.

The eyePhone episode in S6 is perfect.
>>
>>63507096

That's from the movie; not the show faggot.
>>
>If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!
Who's the best character and why is it Zapp?
>>
futurama always sucked
>>
>>63503586
It wasn't the funniest but it reached a higher level of persistent story telling and character development that Groening never really hit with the Simpsons.
>>
File: filephoto.jpg (19 KB, 377x468) Image search: [Google]
filephoto.jpg
19 KB, 377x468
>>63515914
>The eyePhone episode in S6 is perfect.
>>
No, but it was still great. Nothing can really top early simpsons
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.