[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the last horror film you watched and what did you think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7
File: 1366290226193.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1366290226193.gif
2 MB, 320x240
What was the last horror film you watched and what did you think of it, /tv/?
>>
Kairo
mediocre, but it did have its spooky moments
>>
Jesus camp
Scared me for life
>>
It Follows
Predictable
>>
Late Phases
3/5
Main character is great
>>
It Follows
Overrated shit that made me give up on the horror genre
>>
The Rite just a few hours ago.

Great acting by Hopkins as always.
Storyline was decent but enjoyable.
>>
Last Shift
6/10
Reminded me of a Carpenter film, just not as good.
>>63502871
I really enjoyed this. The werewolf design was shite, but there was a nice story. And yeah, the main character was great. Hard to believe he's only mid-fifties IRL.
>>
>>63503138
this desu
>>
Krampus

Could've been a lot more fun than it was. Not as good as Gremlins.
>>
>>63504108
Gremlins is shite. That film does not hold up well.
>>
the grudge 2

shit
rehash
didnt add anything good
>>
>>63504339
K
>>
>>63501815
Bone Tomahawk.

It was amazing.
>>
The Canal thought it was a pretty tight horror flick. Very low key, slow burn flick. Reminded me of the Tenant. Totally reccomend if you like some psychological fuckery with your horror.

>>63502871
Really dug Late Phases it was the first solid werewolf flick I have seen in awhile. The main guy is always great, name is Nick Damici. Check him out in Stake Land and Cold in July.
>>
>>63504768
>The Canal
I'll check that out later.
>>
>>63501815

Can't remember, I have early onset dementia believe it or not. I watched the movie less than a week ago I just can't remember.

>>63503232

I do recall that being shit though.
>>
>>63505508
Dude, you said that already.
>>
The Thing (1982)

After seeing it getting so much praise here I thought I'd give it a watch.

2/10 at best, too many men and laughable effects.
>>
You're Next

it was pretty good. not great.
lead acress is australian and her accent really started to grate after a while.
>>
>>63506026
The remake was so much better, at least you get to see the inside of the spaceship.
>>
File: Pepe.png (339 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
Pepe.png
339 KB, 680x680
>>63506026
>>63506059
>>
Carrie '76

Great film. That whole prom sequence was beautifully done.
>>
John Carpenter's Vampires

I read the book years ago. Really great book. The only one worth a shit by that author.

As an adaptation, the movie was 0/10. I think the only thing dsilimar with the book was the name of a few characters and the hotel scene in the beginning (sort of).
As it's own thing, it was a solid 7. Woods was great. Baldwin&Lee were good. The priest dude wasn't annoying and became badass. The whole plot of the movie was weird though, but I enjoyed it.
>>
>>63506297
Don't worry m8 I was baiting. It's actually my favourite film.
>>
>>63501815
Alien
It was trash, at least Cameron's Aliens was fantastic.
>>
>>63506487
Don't speak for me, BOY.
>>
>>63506547

WHERE THE FUCK IS RAVAGER?
>>
>>63506547
>Implying I'm not you
>>
>>63506571
Completed and awaiting a distributor.
>>
Did a double feature rewatch of Berberian Sound Studio and It Follows for friends that hadn't seen one or both of those movies.

Berberian is 9/10. Love old giallos and it was a nice look on the inside (sort of). Like watching a fever dream and incredible use of sound.

It Follows is 7/10. Maybe 8/10. Was it overhyped? Yes. Still doesn't take away that it was a nice little movie with great cinematography and a killer soundtrack. Whole thing feels like a love letter to Carpenter, who's my favorite director. I can understand why people dislike the final act, and even I didn't like the part with it just standing on her roof. But I understand that we don't know the whole story, nor are we meant to. Not everything is explained because like the main characters, we don't know exactly what's going on. And really, it was kind of refreshing for once that a movie didn't sit there and explain everything magically.
>>
>>63506738

It's been completed for over a year now. Why not just release it online?
>>
>>63506781
That still requires a distributor.
>>
>>63506831

I'm surprised Raimi doesn't help him out, considering they're good friends. Speaking of, still waiting for that Ash and Reggie Bannister team up.
>>
>>63506950
There's more chance of me waking up handsome, with a cooperative dick that doesn't fire off 40 seconds after a girl touches it.
>>
Silence of the Lambs.
Absolute 10/10. I am see why it's so treasured. Jodie Foster acts circles around most modern "actresses" and has the qt factor to back it up.
>>
File: giphy.gif (1 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1 MB, 300x300
>>63501815

Krampus

Legitimate 4/10

All of the jokes fall flat, it could have at least been funny given the cast. And if it was going to be funny, it should have stuck with it.

On the horror angle, it was pretty shit. Nothing was scary, and the second you got to the cgi gingerbread man you knew it was going to be trash.

A few redeeming qualities, some good ideas but it felt like it didn't know what it wanted to be, so instead failed slightly at everything.
>>
This and it was over a year ago. I stopped watching halfway trough, not because it's bad, I'm just too much of a pussy.
>>
File: rare.jpg (91 KB, 504x720) Image search: [Google]
rare.jpg
91 KB, 504x720
Rare Exports I think. I watch a lot so I may have watched something since then but I'm pretty sure it was the last one I watched.

Started off pretty neat. Very grounded and with some unique feels you don't see in a lot of movies, much less horror. Turned to shit about halfway through though and just kept getting worse. I like monster movies but the tonal shift was extremely jarring. The first half didn't set up for the second half at all. Had each half been it's own movie with a more appropriate beginning/end, I'd probably love both. As it is I couldn't enjoy it at all in the end.

>>63507317
I had a hard time watching this too desu and horror is probably my favorite, or at least most watched, genre. Spooky as fuck.
>>
it follows
for how much it was hyped up as being different, it sure wasn't different at all
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 736x413) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 736x413
>Went back and watched the original Scream for the first time in about 15 years
>It's aged like a fine yogurt
>mfw

2 and 4 are still pretty good though.
>>
>>63507736
Rose McGowan was so fine in that film.
>>
>>63507317
I've seen this but I can't remember the goddamn plot.
>>
>>63507491
Yeah, I probably would have enjoyed it more if I hadn't known the entire premise going in and had to figure it out along with the character. Knowing the whole concept and rules in advance, everything basically played out exactly as I was expecting it to. The movie wasn't remotely scary either. At least it was pretty to look at.
>>
>>63508080
The scene with the tall guy walking through the door freaked me the fuck out personally, idek why honestly
>>
>>63504645
same too if it counts. holy fuck that scene... that was brutal
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.