[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was A.I. forgotten over time? It seems like no one ever
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 6
File: ai poster.jpg (24 KB, 338x500) Image search: [Google]
ai poster.jpg
24 KB, 338x500
Why was A.I. forgotten over time?

It seems like no one ever talks about this movie anymore despite its great special effects and moving story.
>>
I.love the movie tb.h
>>
>>63499343
Was a poorly executed film, really is the watermark of the end of Speilbergs creative career.
>>
/tv/ finally collectively agreed it's shit.

don't ruin it i'll fucking kill you
>>
I always wondered by Lucas didn't cast Haley Joel Osment as Anakin
>>
omg Jake Thomas was so beautiful in that film!!
>>
>>63499434
Reddit please go
>>
Holy fuck I'm watching it right now.

Martin is such an unimaginative douchebag.
>>
Jude Law is great in this
>>
>>63499343
Spielberg directed it like any other movie he would normally direct, though it clashes with the fact that it was intended it be made by Kubrick, shitty ending and all, etc.
>>
I actualy loved the movie. It touched many important topics, both related to future (how will we respond to inevitable creation of intelligent robots) and present (how do we define love). I would recommend it to everyone.
>>
>>63499684

How do you think Stan would have done it?
>>
>>63499733
the boy gets donkey ears and has to save his dad in the ocean by tieing a brick to his tail.
>>
Protagonist is clueless to everything around him. Hard to root for.
>>
File: cutler beckett death.jpg (39 KB, 447x387) Image search: [Google]
cutler beckett death.jpg
39 KB, 447x387
>that ending
This and Bicentennial Man are so depressing
>>
>>63499343
I defy you not to want to kill that annoying child. Id rather watch black people reality tv than this giant shitsandwhich.
>>
Is AI a cyberpunk film? I'd say it is
>>
The ending is too depressing
Who wants to watch a movie about some kid getting his hopes crushed over and over and over and then at the end everyone is dead and alien monsters crush his hopes one last time what the fuck
>>
>>63500653
Sounds like life to me
>>
Great film. One of the very best of Spielberg, criminally underrated.
The above is looking at it as a film 'objectively', but on a more personal note, of the thousands of things I have watched, a very diminute few have such a devastating and deeply significant end as the one in AI.
>>
>>63500653
Everyone seems to think they are aliens monster at the end of the movie, when actually they are the most evolved form of robots/artificial intelligence which rule the planet many years after the fall of man. I mean, the whole movie is about finding some kind of humanity inside artifical intelligence. It's all the topic of the movie. It makes no sense at all for them to be aliens.
>>
>>63502066
pottery
>>
>>63499343
>Why was "movie" forgotten over time?
>It seems like no one ever talks about this movie anymore despite its "sets/music score/performances etc" and "buzzword" story.
>>
I watched this tripping on Ketamine and MXE, reality and the film reality morphed. I kept going in to cycles of altered reality where I was robot and this movie was some higher beings way of telling me.
>>
>>63502195
That's how I see this either. From the robots' perspective we're also like gods / creators. We created them based on our image afterall.
>>
>>63502266
How come nobody talks about Toy Story anymore
How come nobody talks about All dogs go to heaven anymore
How come nobody talks about "x" anymore

These threads are the epitome of stupid
>>
>>63502195
Just goes to show that a lot of people don't understand the movie.
>>
>>63502288
Can we talk about bad touch? I mean, it might not be that bad afterall, my uncle seemed to enjoy it.
>>
File: Victoria Justice.gif (3 MB, 350x360) Image search: [Google]
Victoria Justice.gif
3 MB, 350x360
>Dat scene where David's mom abandons him in the woods
>>
So did David shut himself off permanently at the end of the movie?
>>
File: image.gif (893 KB, 400x554) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
893 KB, 400x554
>1st act GOAT
>2nd act wtf am I watching
>3rd act come feel me bro
>>
>>63502329
I thought it was implied that they would respawn his mom every day for him.
>>
Don't care how many revisionists try to push the whole Kubrick wrote a Spielberg film thing.

I'd bet my life that Kubrick did not actually write in a Chris Rock robot.
>>
>>63502428

They said they couldn't because of some space-time continuum bullshit

I'm not making that up
>>
the ending was a total Philosophical mind fuck
>>
>>63502428
No, they could only do it one time is what they said. One perfect day
>>
>>63502328

> He's too real I can't shut him down.
> Better abandon him in the woods.
>>
Why were humans so evil in this?
>>
>>63502428
>>63502452

First part of the movie with the family drama was Kubrick. Middle parts were all Spielberg. Last act was a mix of both. The ending made me cry manly tears.
>>
>>63502496

>robot using legacy captcha

GET HIM
>>
>>63502496
I've seen both good and misguided people in this movie.
>>
>>63502517

There's an unmistakable creepiness with a child robot with programmed unconditional love. I don't know how different it would be if that were really expressed but I'd really like to see it.
>>
>>63502496
First replica A.I. To replace a loved one would kind of be a culture shock. The humans misunderstood what was something extremely progressive and new
>>
>have ayyylmao phobia
>see end of movie
nope
>>
>>63502551

But they weren't aliens goddammit
>>
>>63502551

They weren't aliens. They were super advanced A.I. Think of the reapers from Mass effect but friendly
>>
>>63502551

They're looking in your window right now

Don't go into the kitchen
>>
>>63502586
>>63502599
>implying my phobia gives a fuck what you call them.
>>
>>63502195
>>63502599

So basically they came back to earth to find their creators? Or were they from another planet?
>>
>>63502453
They never said anything about time and space. They said the people they bring back don't live longer than a day.
>>
>>63502614

Well that's why they call it an irrational fear
>>
>>63502614
>I'm scared of ayylmao !
>Everyone tells him they are advanced robots and not aliens
>I don't care how you tell them, I'm still scared of them !
>But he watched a whole movie about robots whitout problems, until the end.

are you even trying
>>
>>63502649

Yes they did fag

They specifically said that once a space-time pathway is used it cannot be reused
>>
>>63502658
they could call them lawn chairs for all i care it doesnt change anything.
>>
>>63502630
They never left Earth or came back to it. They were "born" on Earth and replaced the humans as the most intelligent "life" form on the planet. Well that's how I get it.
>>
>>63502467
It wasn't.

>Robots unfreeze robo-boy
>They tell him what has happened since he was frozen
>He tells them what he wants
>they give it to him as best as they can.
>the end

It's really simple, but there was required reading in the subtitles, so I understand why you were mystified.
>>
>>63502328
Just like VJ's career got abandoned in the woods!
>>
>>63502667
I concede.
>>
File: Victoria Justice .gif (2 MB, 350x250) Image search: [Google]
Victoria Justice .gif
2 MB, 350x250
>>63502711

She's too pretty to stay down for long anon.
>>
>>63502692
Seems like they did leave and come back, because they were excavating and compiling data about their origins, and showed great reverence for humanity as their creators.
>>
>>63502833
Yeah but we humans did excavate things about our past and orginis with archeology an paleontology.
>>
>>63502780

Seems like being down on her knees is how she got famous in the first place
>>
>>63502195
doesnt matter much whether evolve mechs or aliens desu the classic Kubrick fetish for finding a repressed humanity in the in-human (a metaphor for his overall commitment to the technicalities of equipment in movie making at the expense of humane story and action)
>>
File: knees.jpg (104 KB, 1128x741) Image search: [Google]
knees.jpg
104 KB, 1128x741
>>63503242
?
>>
>>63502658
He doesn't have phobia from robots but aliens. Brain with a phobia doesn't care about logic, for instance I have arachnophobia and it doesn't matter if the thing in question is actually spider or not. It just has to look like one and my phobia is triggered. Anon is probably the same. Those future robots probably remind his brain of aliens and thats why he triggeres.
>>
>>63500653
>frozen in ice sheet
>futuristic advanced AI from the future excavate him
>they have the tech to make his dream come true
>give it to him for free

How is this depressing? I was so happy for him at the end, even when I was 12 years old and saw the movie.
>>
>>63504672
Wasn't it limited?
>>
So where did the aliens in the end come from?
>>
>>63504672

How did your 12 year old self react to that gynoid in the purple catsuit?
>>
>finding out now people were confused by this film.

Fuck people are retarded.
>>
MONICA
PICK UP THE PHONE MONICA
>>
We will never know how it would have been if Stanley Directed it.
>>
>>63504715
Pretend your a monkey in Africa 5 million years ago. Then you are magically frozen, and wake up today. You see humans for the first time, and ask "where did all the aliens come from?"
>>
>>63504771
monkeys aren't sentient, dumbass.
>>
>>63504869
Yeah they are.
>>
>>63504771

stop replying to obvious b8 m8
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.