[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Wes Anderson is not in the least bit normal," his
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1393930001379.cached.jpg (260 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
1393930001379.cached.jpg
260 KB, 2000x1333
"Wes Anderson is not in the least bit normal," his DP said. "I've never worked on a picture where the director has been anywhere other than the studio floor ... He's a little sociopathic ... he's OCD and contact with people disturbs him."

He continues. “I think Wes doesn’t understand what you can do, and he often wants us to do what you can’t do, and the length of time the process takes.” He continues, “So we’ll get a note back from Wes saying, ‘that arm movement is wrong.’ But that arm movement is part of a fluid performance. And that has been really quite difficult for the animators.”

Wes Anderson countered: "I would say that kind of crosses the line for what's appropriate for the director of photography to say behind the director's back while he's working on the movie. So I don't even want to respond to it."
>>
>>63498429
He really is the lighthearted reincarnation of Stanley Kubrick, isn't he?
>>
>>63498796
That's a pretty good way to describe him.
>>
>>63498429
Wes is right. The DP should wait until the movie is finished before making these comments or just quit.
>>
>>63499852
literally what movie?
>>
>>63500393
Literally imdb
>>
>>63500448
literally kill yourself

you literally could have typed what the movie was instead of shit replying. If I gave a shit, I would have looked it up. But I don't and I won't
>>
>>63498429
>"Wes Anderson is not in the least bit normal,"
One result in Google. This thread.
>>
>>63500555
Nigga why would I make this up. This was around the Mr. Fox era, google Tristan Oliver Wes Anderson fued
>>
He looks, and apparently acts, exactly like Max Landis.
>>
>>63500555
http://articles.latimes.com/2009/oct/11/entertainment/ca-mrfox11
>>
>>63498429

Don't really like his movies, but I respect him. Unlike Fincher, whom I neither like nor respect.
>>
Whatever the hullabaloo, the writer-director voiced no regrets about his process. To Anderson, directing boils down to precisely one thing: what you see on the screen.

"Even when I was there [in London] during shooting, I spent most of the day in my office on the computer," Anderson said. "There are thousands of decisions to be made. Each has to do with a rectangular image. If you can judge it, you can make a decision about what to do.

"That's how I directed the movie," he continued, matter-of-factly. "It's not that complicated to figure out."
>>
Does Wes have a stutter?
>>
>>63500839

Not everyone on-set was ruffled by the notion of an absentee director. "Mr. Fox's" unflappable producer Allison Abbate is a veteran of many stop-motion productions, including Selick's epochal "The Nightmare Before Christmas" and Tim Burton's Oscar-nominated "Corpse Bride." She pointed out that it wasn't unusual in the genre to issue directions from off-set.

"Tim wasn't here that much during 'Corpse Bride,' " Abbate said at Three Mills Studio last spring. "He doesn't need to be. Making stop-motion is like watching paint dry."
>>
How come dudes with aspergers look like theyre 15 when theyre 40?

No testosterone? Lack of adult stress causing adult appearance?
>>
so does he just lay out the game plan then let them do it or something. i dont understand this?
>>
>>63501198
I mean like that's what directors in general do, especially in the context of something like, say, stop motion
>>
>>63498796
They both obsess over perfectly symmetrical shots so I guess so.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.