[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alfred Hitchcock Presents
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: ahp.png (68 KB, 481x358) Image search: [Google]
ahp.png
68 KB, 481x358
Are there anymore shows like it? What's your favorite episode? Did they actually have ads in the 50s?

Was Alfred Hitchcock really a Hitchkek
>>
>>63497565
What's the most cinematic episode of AHP? I don't want to waste my time watching 50's era television unless it has good mise en scene.
>>
>>63497616
I haven't seen them for a while, but the Hitchcock-directed ones seemed alright. The Case of Mr. Pelham is pre good.
>>
>>63498034
Solid. Thanks Hitchcock poster.
>>
Was watching this on Netflix last night.
I got to the episode where the big twist was that the chicks mom had the black plague.
Was that really that big a deal in the 40s or 30s?
>>
File: 232.jpg (34 KB, 379x458) Image search: [Google]
232.jpg
34 KB, 379x458
>>63497565
i watch them occasionally, became enamored with this actress on the last on i watched
>>
>>63498200
plague can lie dormant in certain types of flea for years and then suddenly activate for no reason. the virus also occurs naturally in several parts of he world. sleep tight
>>
>>63498461
Is that Lee Remick?
>>
>>63498540
Isn't the Plague curable nowadays?
>>
>>63498584
Definitely not
>>
>>63500895
oh I know who it is

Carol Lynley from Bunny Lake is Missing and another Preminger movie
>>
anyone have suggestions for hitchcock movies? i am trying to watch all the worthwhile ones. here is what i have so far:
rope
rear window
vertigo
the birds
psycho
dial m for murder
notorious
shadow of a doubt
strangers on a train
39 steps
north by northwest
>>
>>63501118
The Man Who Knew Too Much (remake)
Torn Curtain
Marnie

The 50s were his best decade, but the 60s has great stuff, too.
>>
I liked the episode where the police (unknowingly) eat the evidence of what the wife used to kill her husband. good shit.
>>
>>63501763
Oh yeah, I remember that one, it's a Hitchcock-directed one with Barbara Bel Geddes; Lamb to the Slaughter, I think it is called.
>>
I liked the one where the guy had a Japanese wife
>>
I'm trying to watch Suspicion but it's boring as fuck
>>
The Lady Vanishes is great, one of his fun(ny)est ones
>>
>>63501691
>>63501691
thanks! i was not planning on grabbing those, but now I will
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.