[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I a hipster dufus?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: Kramer[1].jpg (110 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
Kramer[1].jpg
110 KB, 540x720
Am I a hipster dufus?
>>
>>63497156
You're not even a hipster, that's what's so insane about all this
>>
>>63497174
To which aspects of hipsterism does kramer fail to conform?
>>
>>63497156
You're not a hipster.

Just fucking cool.
>>
File: LHi9Kqd[1].jpg (47 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
LHi9Kqd[1].jpg
47 KB, 500x374
>>63497851
>>
>>63497156
I always thought he was kind of hipster-ish. Not totally though. He didn't really go out of his way to try things he viewed as cultured or high quality (which is really what the hipster thing is about, trendy quality things and over analysis), he did things because he wanted to do them.
>>
>>63497174
top kek
>>
>The hipster subculture is composed of affluent or middle class young Bohemians who reside primarily in gentrifying neighborhoods. It is broadly associated with indie and alternative music, a varied non-mainstream fashion sensibility (including vintage and thrift store-bought clothes), generally progressive political views, organic and artisanal foods, and alternative lifestyles. The subculture typically consists of white millennials living in urban areas. It has been described as a "mutating, trans-Atlantic melting pot of styles, tastes and behavior".

>The term in its current usage first appeared in the 1990s and became particularly prominent in the 2010s, being derived from the term used to describe earlier movements in the 1940s.

I didn't understand how the term applied to Kramer at the time and I still don't see it with its current usage.
>>
>>63498346
You don't understand how his attitude, dress, hair, tastes, mannerisms, and general lifestyle was unconventional at the time and remains unconventional even today?

If you wouldn't label him as a hipster, what social label would you attach to Kramer and how many nonhipsters do you know who act and dress like him?
>>
>>63498583
>You don't understand how his attitude, dress, hair, tastes, mannerisms, and general lifestyle was unconventional at the time and remains unconventional even today?
Unconventional, sure.
>If you wouldn't label him as a hipster, what social label would you attach to Kramer
Maybe nonconformist, which you seem to be implying defines a hipster but which hasn't been my view, they seem quite alike to eachother while Kramer was a singular character in his time.
>and how many nonhipsters do you know who act and dress like him?
I don't know anyone hipster or not that acts and dresses like him.
>>
>>63497156
He wasn't a hipster, he didn't follow some popular indie culture but more his own weird, unique interests
>>
>>63498346
>a varied non-mainstream fashion sensibility (including vintage and thrift store-bought clothes)

>I didn't understand how the term applied to Kramer at the time and I still don't see it with its current usage.

youre dumb yo
>>
asd
>>
>>63498775
It wasn't that varied, he usually wore the same couple of coats. The only time I remember him wearing vintage was the suit he sold Bania. That was one episode, and in the present I haven't seen any hipsters wearing anything like that suit.
>>
File: hipsters.jpg (81 KB, 660x416) Image search: [Google]
hipsters.jpg
81 KB, 660x416
>>63498839
Actually I take that back, he also wore vintage in that episode with Frank's cabana-wear. Still, not very often, and he didn't look anything like pic related to me.
>>
File: late-show-jerry-seinfeld.jpg (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
late-show-jerry-seinfeld.jpg
1 B, 486x500
>>63498187
Stop laughing, it's not funny.
>>
>>63498728
He only did whatever Jerry, Newman, and Bob Sacamano told him was cool and you know it.
>>
>>63497156
>only watches canadian football
>old clothes
>refuses to any other cigars but monte cristo
>poor
Hes a hipster
>>
>>63497156
HE'S A NIGGER
>>
>>63497174
Are you saying he is just a regular everyday dufus?
>>
>>63497174
i lol'd out loud
>>
>>63499745
Nah m8 he followed his own way except for money making ventures with those three. Maybe you should watch the show more before you embarrass yourself like this
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.