[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>My soul, that is what you have taken from me! What did he
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8
File: Zod-670.jpg (38 KB, 670x409) Image search: [Google]
Zod-670.jpg
38 KB, 670x409
>My soul, that is what you have taken from me!
What did he mean by that?
Did kryptonians believe in God?
Were they religious?
>>
Yes, they believed in Rao
>>
>>63496940
Who is Rao?
>>
>>63496961
Kryptonian Sun God.
>>
>>63496990
I thought they were scientifically advanced species.
>>
>>63497021
.... And?
>>
>>63497051
they discarded religious beliefs in process of their development.
>>
>>63496961
The Kryptonian equivalent of Allah
>>
>>63497121
Why would they? We're plently advanced and we're still mostly religious, scientists less so, but not everyone's a scientist.
>>
File: 05.jpg (264 KB, 400x382) Image search: [Google]
05.jpg
264 KB, 400x382
>>63497209
>We're plently advanced
>>
>>63497250
Are you shitposting with smoke signals? Yeah we're advanced.
>>
File: allah.jpg (77 KB, 640x359) Image search: [Google]
allah.jpg
77 KB, 640x359
>>63497209
>plently advanced
>>
File: 3211-okrainy-indija.png (2 MB, 2862x2448) Image search: [Google]
3211-okrainy-indija.png
2 MB, 2862x2448
>>63497271
>Yeah we're advanced.
>>
>>63497328

Yes please keep posting
>>
>>63497021
*tips fedora*
>>
>/pol/ says science is evil
>/pol/ hates shit like >>63497250
>highly religious/cultist societies degenerate technologically

???
>>
>>63497021
And what makes you think that scientifically advanced civilizations can't also be religious? Did you get lectured by your atheist liberal arts "instructor" again?
>>
>>63497507
Only peoole who reject their poultry thiestic gods, can ever progress to a space farring level, fuck you primitive shits holding society back, from humanitys true potential.
>>
>>63497121
No they didn't. The people of Krypton each had an assigned place in society. Some people were made to focus on religion/spirituality.
>>
>BUT BUT RELIGION IS THE REASON FOR WAR
fucking idiots on facebook I swear...
>>
>>63497578
Why, because you saw it on star trek or some shit?
>>
>>63497578
>they still kill each other and have the same problems as we do in star trek
wow
how surprising
>>
>>63497578
>>63497507
>>
>>63497611
underrated post
please return on reddit
>>
>>63497700
underrated post

LOL
>>
>>63497611
Religion isn't the reason. It's the enabler.
>>
>>63497612
No, because ive seen the degnerrative shit that is fanatical religion first hand, religion like chiritianity is cancer, and a good bullet to the skull is the chemo.
>>
>>63497773
>>63497507
>>
>>63497674
Shove your filth fedora memes uo your ass, christian bitch.
>>63497656
Its a much better paradise, then it is now.
>>63497611
It totally is you retard, christians have been killing trans peoppe left and right, and muslims have been raping women in europe.
>>
>>63497730
>LOL
underrated post
>>
Imagine you're born in the fucking Congo or something, you don't know shit about religion and suddenly 3 dudes come up to you and offer you eternal salvation. Your picks are:

>sandnigger molestor created religion that rewards you with even more virgins once you die
>jewish created religion that depicts their savior as a white european (ps: the OP jews say that the savior is just some dude)
>jewish created religion that only has jews in it

Please note that one religion will kill you if you don't pick them. How can you tell which one of these is the true one?
>>
>>63497773
The point is that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Is religion flawed? Hell yeah it is. I'm not religious myself, nor will I debate that fact.

Do you have any frame of reference on what constitutes a space faring race based on past events? No. You can't say for certain whether or not religion will keep us from space because there is no other history to determine what religions effect on space travel readiness is.

TLDR: You're retarded.
>>
>>63497852
Christians and muslims will kill you, if you reject and insult their bitch god, jews keep to themselves mostly.
>>
>>63497822
HAHA now THAT is funny!!

+1
>>
>>63498013
Are you retarded?
>>
>>63497852
>>63497973

I want a religious person to explain to me which religion is the bestest and truest without the argument of it being the religion of the country/region/community they were born in.
>>
Short Answer
SPECULATION: Since Man of Steel's Kryptonians are genetically engineered for their occupations in life, warrior, scientist, scholar, statesman and presumably others, each lifestyle is assumed to have an ideal state upon birth of what each person is supposed to embody. This technology is supposedly well developed and highly respected for its results.

"Somatic Reconditioning" is a process by which the genetically engineered and bred Kryptonians reapply whatever process defines their occupational development to the cellular structure of the Kryptonian in order to remove deviant or undesirable behavior. As a social measure, it is likely a tool of last resort, since it likely causes permanent and irrevocable change in the person subjected to it. (Better than execution, but just barely.)

Longer Answer
There is likely no canon explanation possible for this statement. That said, I would like to offer a supposition based on the culture of the Kryptonians from Man of Steel and a bit that we do know about Kryptonians in general. It'll be quick.

We know that the Man of Steel Kryptonians were all genetically engineered, literally created from a matrix of desirable genetic combinations and were bred to their duties. Zod was a warrior and protector, and Jor-El was a scientist and scholar.

The matrix of genetic information which Jor-El entangles with Kal-El's DNA is the information for every Kryptonian there ever was, and now ever could be. Kryptonians (with the exception of Kal-El) were all born in an artificial birthing matrix. Presumably there are other such birthing technologies scattered through former colonies of Krypton.
>>
>>63497894

Christianity
>STEM research is bad
>the Earth is 5000 years old

Islam
>religious law is also governmental law

Even without having frames of reference you can still make pretty accurate assumptions when you're not dealing with uncertainties. And I can affirm with certainty that religion has one purpose: opium for the masses. If I want to start worshiping anything or anyone, I WILL DO IT ON MY OWN. It's MY personal relationship with a God (holy fuck the God that made me). I wouldn't care what anyone else thinks because I'm in direct contact with my fucking creator. That nigga put ME here. I'm sure he did the same for other people, but I sure as hell won't impose this belief on others since I'm only in this plane of reality for 70 years, and after an infinity of time in paradise awaits me. How awesome is that? Putting things in perspective everything that happens here is just some pre-paradise time for me to become a better person. However I will not do this. I will say my belief is the true one, I will impose this on others too. And when I meet others that have a different belief, I will have them killed.

Yeah, and I'm tipping my fucking fedora because fuck you for not making this world a better place with your religion.
>>
>>63497894
Your retareded, sure its not definite, but the way society is going will be perpetually be in this technological dark age with religion, you filthy christian sympathyzing bitch!
>>
>>63498401

Since the Council considered the followers of Zod, dissidents, perhaps the cultural method of dealing with deviation from the genetic programming one is born with, is to perform "somatic reconditioning" where the process used in the Kryptonian's birth is reapplied to correct for "environmental deviation" (or contamination). This would explain the term completely as somatic means dealing with the body and reconditioning implies some form of adjustment.

Such "somatic reconditioning" might act as a form of mental restructuring or dare I say, brainwashing, removing tendencies that might be considered deviant for a society which prizes order and structure above all other things. Since the Kryptonians did not believe in the death penalty (they created the Phantom Zone technology, after all) perhaps "somatic reconditioning" was their method of rehabilitation during a criminal's stay in the Zone.

This makes sense in light of the idea the Phantom Zone villains were bound in some unknown material before the strange sarcophagi were sent to the ship that would confine them to the Phantom Zone (presumably for 300 years).
>>
According to the film's official novelisation, the prisoners were supposed to be kept in a "somatic fugue" (presumably a state of semi-unconsciousness) whilst they were reprogrammed using subliminal teaching methods. The ultimate aim was to eventually return them to normal Kryptonian society as rehabilitated individuals:

“We were friends—until our beliefs drove a wedge between us. I was Krypton’s military leader. My officers and I attempted a coup. We were sentenced to the Phantom Zone, a subspace dimension that exists alongside our own. Your father had developed a projector capable opening a gateway into the Zone. And since capital punishment was deemed inhumane on Krypton,” Zod said with a bitter edge, “we were shunted into the Zone aboard this prison barge. Our bodies were kept in somatic fugue while our minds were supposedly ‘reconditioned.’”
He chuckled bitterly.
“But the destruction of our world damaged the projector and a handful of us were awoken prematurely...”

and

The klaxon sounded again, signaling the end of the ritual. In theory, every exile was to be released— eventually — after cycles of solitude and subliminal conditioning had curbed their antisocial tendencies. But Lara knew this was unlikely to happen before Krypton perished. Zod had been right about that at least. He and his people had been condemned to the Zone for all time.
>>
Guess all the "tips fedora" memers got BTFO.
>>
>>63498823
>YOU ARE RETARDED HAHAHA
>BTFO
Thast's why nobody wants to debate with religious people.
>>
>>63498407
>Christianity
>STEM research is bad
>the Earth is 5000 years old

>Implying all of the learned men who made scientific advancements weren't Christians for hundreds of years
>Believing the meme about Gallileo
>Not knowing that the reason he was suppressed was that he was reporting as fact something that he couldn't prove since he couldn't observe the stellar parallax, yet he was being a bitch anyways
>Ignoring all other scientific progress made between the rise of Christianinty in Rome and the present age
>Thinking all or even most Christians are Creationists when even the original Christians knew not to take the Bible literally.

Seriously, tip harder.
>>
>>63499924

I wasn't talking about ancient times. I don't give two flying what Galileo or any of those ancient faggots did. I'm talking about contemporary times. Also, I'm not saying that out of the 2 billion Christians there aren't geniuses or people that better the human race. This also doesn't mean a couple of hundred people excuse the imbecility of the masses. I'm saying that the concept of religion is cancerous.

You're drawing very fatalistic and extreme conclusions based on the limited information I first gave you.
>>
>>63499924
the earth is not five thousand years old anon. humanity is six thousand years old. and no, you can't use carbon dating to date the age of human species because the samples removed from earth has been contaminated by the very molecules within the earth, which is considerably older. look it up, it'll change your life.

STEM research is murder. At conception is man or woman. The life of Christ was transferred to Mary's womb. His life would have resembled a conceived egg. His life was a binary file unfolding into life, using Mary's body for nothing more than a nutrient center.
And before we get all uppity about the age of earth, you and yours are believers in an event called planck time. an event you will never, ever prove.

you're of the mind that most of the universe's mass came into existences in less than a fraction of a second or planck time which is trillions upon trillions upon trillions upon trillions upon trillions of times faster than the smallest fraction of a second, or just fast enough to overcome the greatest potential black hole ever seeing as the the singularity that arrived with smaller than any known particle yet had several universal masses.
>>
>>63501310
Christ was a lying charlatan bitch, only retards would belive that we are only six thousand years old, fuck filthy babies!
>>63499924
Most scientists hate that bastard god, stop trying to patricize athiests with your folthy degenerate fedora meme, christian bitch filth!
>>
Zod was a military bonehead. Of course he's religious. All military cavemen are.
>>
>>63504373

You'd think it would be a good thing because religion would give them morals so they won't do crazy shit. This is exactly how it works, right?
>>
so did they explain why they couldn't just go to another planet?
>>
File: kek.jpg (599 KB, 1280x1994) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
599 KB, 1280x1994
>>63496748
>>
>>63504373
Yes because fighting to save millions of lives equals being as intelligent as a cave man... burn in fucking hell shit stain.
>>
File: 07.jpg (566 KB, 1280x1983) Image search: [Google]
07.jpg
566 KB, 1280x1983
>>63496748
>Did kryptonians believe in God?
>>63496940
>Yes, they believed in Rao
>>
>>63505562
Yes, they were the baddies
>>
Is Supergirl canon in the dc cinematic universe?
Shake said the S was the symbol for her family or some shit, but superman said it was the symbol for hope. Is anybody right?
>>
>>63506280
>Is Supergirl canon in the dc cinematic universe?

No, DC TV shows are not related to the movies in any way.
>>
File: Raoh.jpg (45 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Raoh.jpg
45 KB, 640x480
>>63496961
>>
>>63497578
>poultry

kek
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.