[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CANCELLED
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8
File: almosthuman1__131115072956.jpg (33 KB, 550x300) Image search: [Google]
almosthuman1__131115072956.jpg
33 KB, 550x300
Why is it so many good shows get cancelled after only like 1 season? What causes this shit? Is it that I like stuff that just isn't popular or good? Is it my taste that is at fault? Here's the most recent ones I was getting into before finding out they are all cancelled in the 1st fucking season. WTF?

Almost Human
Forever
Firefly

What did you like that was cancelled, /tv/?
>>
File: The_Good_Guys_logo[1].png (190 KB, 484x290) Image search: [Google]
The_Good_Guys_logo[1].png
190 KB, 484x290
>>63490010

>air the episodes out of sequence thus confusing the viewers
>move it to friday nights
>don't let anybody know it's fucking airing

fuck YOU, Fox, pic related as well.
>>
>>63490010
instead we get hundreds of shitty crime dramas with the same formulas. anything different doesn't get a chance unfortunately.
>>
Because science fiction shows are shit
>>
Terriers
Wonderfalls
The Inside
Raines
Awake
>>
>>63490010
>tfw this was pretty much Dredd: The TV Show
>>
>>63490243

>Urban executes that corrupt police chief without a care in the world

the sentence is DEATH
>>
Handled it poorly, shit schedule and iut of order airing followed by an expensive production cost
>>
Constantine
The Shadow Line
Crossbones
Breakout Kings (guilty pleasure)
Southland
Contiuum
Copper
ATHF (though it got plenty of seasons, the cancellation reason was retarded)

>>63490010
>>63490062
>Almost Human
Fox fucking hates scifi yet gets some of the most original ones.

We only got a finale of Fringe by a thread.
>>
>>63490010
Almost Human is shit and deserved to be cancelled though.
>>
Only 4 MILLION people watched it

They needed at least 20 MILLION MORE to keep it working
>>
>>63490010
Did I ever tell you how I used to pretend that this was heaven after the resurrection of the dead?

I liked to pretend that the robot was a resurrected dead and then imagine that Earth was in the process of building itself into a kind of heaven.
>>
>>63490452
>shit schedule

I can't fucking wait for cable TV to die the death it needs. This is 2015, the 21st Century. We have the internet now. We can watch anything from any part of the world at any time we want as much as we want.

Yet, they hold to the old format for newly released shows and depend almost exclusively on actual TV viewing and ads to decide what get cut instead of taking the long haul online where they can make more money than ever before.
>>
>>63490745
Because of this outlook, I felt much more deeply for the robot character. His programming, which was to help mankind, wasn't accepted and he was turned off, or "killed." However, after his resurrection he is given the chance to follow his programming again.
>>
>>63490745
>>63490876
That's a neat take on it really.
>>
>>63490010
Because it was shit. Too US inspired cop drama bullshit, with a little bit of sci fi. If you want a real show involving humans and androids interacting with political plots, check Äkta människor, Real Humans in english
>>
>>63490822
>cable TV

But it was network television, anon.
>>
>>63490969
Sorry, general local colloquialism for network TV. Meaning TV presented on Televisions instead of PCs or Internet at the time of original airing.

Some networks are slowly changing though as tech gets more pervasive.
>>
File: dracula.jpg (232 KB, 960x1440) Image search: [Google]
dracula.jpg
232 KB, 960x1440
was this show canceled?
>>
File: shinjicoffee.png (98 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
shinjicoffee.png
98 KB, 256x256
>We never learned what was beyond the wall or why Urban's girlfriend betrayed him in the pilot.
>>
>>63490010
Jericho. Goddamn Jericho.
>>
>>63493332
Didn't know it existed.
>>
File: Journeyman.jpg (48 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
Journeyman.jpg
48 KB, 500x375
Journeyman was GOAT. Damn writer's strike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viJqJqPZubA
>>
>>63494517
i think there wasn't going to be too much of a tweest. people who dwell outside the wall organize a terrorist network to reorganize society more equally. urban's gf was turned to them, as well as that shady doctor guy that made blackbot. terrorists turn the rank and file robots against police, use them as enforcement. blackbot is immune due to his old OS, and he and judge dredd go mercilessly execute the people responsible. this is not before blackbot has a serious inner conflict about the morality of halting the insurrection before dredd tells him it doesn't matter, because muh duty and muh safety. Dredd possibly incapacitated in the finale, forcing blackbot to spend the early parts of the next season working the beat himself or with someone other than dredd (possibly that girl who played lyla in fnl).
>>
File: 11950385946_d14ba75b16_b.jpg (129 KB, 915x846) Image search: [Google]
11950385946_d14ba75b16_b.jpg
129 KB, 915x846
>>63494517
>Genetically engineered perfection will never have a noticeable crush on you that you never notice.
>>
>>63494859
dredd asked her out on a date, it was just that he was busy with THE LAW
>>
>>63494859
>genetic perfection
>doesn't get any lewd scenes
;_;
>>
>>63494517
I think they wanted to make sure Fox didn't cancel them so they erred towards procedural show but I think it fucked them up because they never got to flesh out their arc.
>>
File: jake 2.0.jpg (161 KB, 900x1268) Image search: [Google]
jake 2.0.jpg
161 KB, 900x1268
Before Chuck there was Jake.

Jake 2.0 for one lonely season.
>>
>>63493332
The lead was a drunkard.
>>
File: Carpoolers-title-better.jpg (224 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Carpoolers-title-better.jpg
224 KB, 1280x1024
>>63490010
>>
>>63490822
>and ads to decide what get cut
>long haul online
>make more money

it's out right delusional to think a tv show could make more money for a network being online only rather than a network tv "hit". You really think people are going to buy shows every week for a couple of bucks a pop to the tune of millions and millions of dollars? You think CBS is losing tons of money off paying the actors of Big Bang $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$? No, they are racking coin off that show right now.

Long haul online? So the actors, directors and so on would rather get a tiny little check over the course of the next 15+ years than a huge check RIGHT now?

Netflix makes money being they are a huge bundling service with a ton of options and some of their own tv shows. HBO makes more money off cable but also due to a huge back catalog can also bundle and sell access. That's about it. You think The CW who can only get a few million views on network level TV can make a show off internet payments? No.. like really, really no..

the main problem with network tv is they feel every show has to be #1 and that just can't happen. So decent shows get canned being they are not a top 10 show with in a few weeks of hitting the air.
>>
>>63490010
Almost Human was the last modern show to get scifi right.

Real sad to see it go off the air.
>>
Clerks
The Tick
>>
>>63493332
yes, i had some great faps to that show
>>
>>63490010
>can make a robot look like anything
>make it a nigger
Also cop dramas get really fucking old
>>
>>63498380
But he's a nigger with blue eyes

>>63494987
If Fox didn't want to cancel them they shouldn't have aired episodes opposite the NCAA championship game. They never gave the show a chance.
>>
>>63494859

such a shit actress but so fucking hawt
>>
>>63490010
does twin peaks count?

they did technically do a major overhaul in the story for season two to rush it in general
>>
terra nova
>>
>>63498564
she was good in fnl pham
>>
The Blade live action series, broke my heart when it never came back.
>>
i just hate when the writers don't account for the unreliability of it all and write cliffhangers that will never be resolved. once a show is cancelled ithink the showriters should just release what they were planning to do. and also nielson boxes need to go.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.