[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Inside Out is the best Pixar film. Prove me wrong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: inside-out-hero.png (206 KB, 640x430) Image search: [Google]
inside-out-hero.png
206 KB, 640x430
Inside Out is the best Pixar film.
Prove me wrong
>>
>>63488461
Probably in my top 10 of the year. I thought the storyline with Riley was surprisingly well-done. Even if it's an Osmosis Jones ripoff.
>>
>>63488461
no i think good dinasaur ius hopefully itll tank the ocmpany and shitty yearly animated releases end
>>
>>63488461
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jh6Kp_9IL8

The suicide was unexpected
>>
I cried when bing bong was forgotten. Other than that it was meh.
>>
File: ddd.jpg (15 KB, 375x374) Image search: [Google]
ddd.jpg
15 KB, 375x374
Beito
>>
>>63488461
from someone studying psychology, I liked it more than I thought I would
>>
File: toy_story_sailing.jpg (42 KB, 320x193) Image search: [Google]
toy_story_sailing.jpg
42 KB, 320x193
>>63488461
>female protagonist
>best
>>
>>63488630
>for someone studying psychology
kill you'reself t b h
>>
>>63488683
you forgot s.mh, reddit
>>
Finding Nemo = Toy Story
Wall-E
Up
Incredibles = Inside Out
Bugs Life
Not including sequels and shitty Cars, this is the correct order
>>
>>63488726
>how to spot a butthurt redditor
>>
>>63488743
>Wall-E being higher than Up
and what you got against Cars?
>>
>>63488805
Uo was trash, fight me

>>63488802
shouldnt you be shitposting in an actress thread?
>>
File: whythough.jpg (78 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
whythough.jpg
78 KB, 960x540
>>63488743
>wall-e above anything
>up higher than the incredibles
why are you so wrong, though?
>>
>>63488630
>studying psychology
I'm so sorry
>>
>>63488805
Name a memorable or unique thing about Up aside from the opening 15 minutes.
>>
>>63488857
>not liking walle

are you some sort of faggot or something?
>>
>>63488874
I'm not that guy, but a house on balloons was pretty memorable to me at least
>>
>>63488743
you forgot Ratatouille
>>
>>63488461
Monsters Inc. The Incredibles. Wall-E. Up.

Those 4 films absolute blow Inside Out out of the water, and I'd say that Finding Nemo, Toy Story 1 and 2, and Ratatouille are all much better as well.
>>
>>63488743
Bugs life is literally the worst Disney movie of the past 15 years
>>
>>63488959
>forgetting Chicken Little
>>
>>63488874
Not him, but the only thing holding Up back from being GOAT is the weak 2nd act.
>>
File: Up_(2009_film).jpg (49 KB, 300x444) Image search: [Google]
Up_(2009_film).jpg
49 KB, 300x444
>>63488461

absolutely wrong.
>>
real ranking:
Up (4.3 min version) > ratatouille > > Inside Out (5 min version) >The Incredibles > Wall-e > Nemo >>>>>>> Up (theatrical version)
>>
>>63489035
I'm not saying it was bad, just that aside from the intro, it felt like a pretty standard Pixar kids movie.
>>
The entire movie was White People Angst. There were no serious emotions beside what some sheltered middle class white kid with hipster young parents would go through, without a care in the world or pain in their life so they make up stupid stuff to feel bad about, like moving to a new town is somehow ultra-trauma. No, it's not.

If there had been an element like sexual abuse or serious trauma, like her seeing a friend die, I might have liked the movie more. I was hoping they'd do more with the parents and show them getting broke, going evicted, or becoming homeless, but no such luck. There looked like opportunities to build up to that too.

The only attempt at real "feels" was some goofy elephant prick dying. The worst part was at first I was hoping elephant man would be like the artful dodger or Fagan, all sneaky and manipulative out of desperation to get what he wants, but instead he's just a friendly goofball. Boring af.
>>
>>63489541
>The worst part was at first I was hoping elephant man would be like the artful dodger or Fagan, all sneaky and manipulative out of desperation to get what he wants
Too predictable, that's what always happens
>>
>>63488461
The emotion characters were, unsurprisingly, one note. The exception being that scene where Joy cries which is incredibly jarring and feels out of character (I get that the emotions have some leeway in how they feel, but that felt too extreme for the manifestation of joy). Sadness was also a terrible companion. She was too passive and meek to develop any real bond or relationship with Joy, she was just being dragged along and ignored for the most part.

Also, most bizarrely was how hollow Riley felt. The problem with having independent beings running the show inside her head was that it removed the agency of Riley's character. Almost every decision made and emotion felt by her is the direct action of the emotion characters. This would be fine if we had a larger display of Riley's actions without the perspective of the inside of her head in the main story (flashbacks don't really count since they are after the fact for us) but since we don't get that there is a disconnect to her. She might as well be a Gundam piloted by 5 people. And so this robs her two breakdowns of the punch they need to be fully effective unless you also had a very strong fish-out-of-water experience when you were a kid.

This leaves Bing-Bong as the only main character left who was the most realized. Unlike the emotions, he had an actual personal goal, to not be forgotten. Whereas the emotions were driven exclusively by what is essentially their job (keeping Riley happy or whatever, which would be a more personal goal if A) Riley had ever met them and B) Riley wasn't a puppet character). Plus Bing-Bong isn't fictionally shackled by a single emotion and sacrificed himself for someone else, which for me at least always elevates a character at least a little.

I could go on about how lame the world inside her head was, but this post is long enough
>>
Disgust > Joy > Anger > Sadness >Fear
>>
>>63489769
lmao is just a movie bro
>>
Inside Out was dog shit. The emotions should have never left the brain. There should have been a powerful external (out of the head) conflict that Riley had to deal with, while the emotions in her head kept arguing about how exactly they were going to deal with it.

This would have allowed all the emotion characters to actually matter (instead of just Joy and Sadness), and would have delivered on the promise of showing how your emotions affect your decision making. Instead we never really get to see how a "working" team of emotions deals with challenges. All of her outbursts and irrational behavior literally only happened because she was running on 3/5 emotions. By this logic, no one would ever have those outbursts as long as they had 5/5 emotions present. I don't know if I'm making any sense, but basically the movie seems to run on the idea that all of this shit is happening to riley because her emotions were dumb enough to get sucked into a big tube. Why can't she just act like a little shit because sometimes kids act like little shits?

My proposal for a better version of this movie:

After Riley's family moves to the new town, she gets upset and attempts to run away back to her old town. The main story follows her hitch hiking and avoiding dangerous animals/ people/ places/ etc... While her parents try to find out where she is and get her back. At the end she would make it to her old town, and her parents would realize that's where she went, and blah blah blah, you get the point.

The emotions could have lots of interesting discussions about what they should be doing, and they could even disagree on whether or not running away was a good idea. But they would be contained to the head, because that way they could actually influence Riley's behavior. This means the writers could imply a lot of interesting things about how emotions affect our decisions, which is what I thought the movie was supposed to be about in the first place.
>>
>>63489769
nice blog
>>
>>63490499
I didn't realize actually talking about movies on /tv/ makes you a blogger
>>
>>63488743
>no ratatouille
>no Monsters Inc
>Bugs life being that low

shit list fampai
>>
>>63489769
she was crying tiers of joy in remembering all the good times she had with Riley. Then again you are probably autistic.

>>63489541
>>63489769
>>63490394
>all this pasta
>>
>>63490841
They were tears of despair because she thought she failed and that Riley would never be happy again, like in the memory she picked up

>pasta
You're an idiot
>>
>>63491128
>implying those 3 essays aren't posted in every single Inside Out thread
>>
>>63491349
I know for a fact one of them isn't
>>
>>63491474
it is now
>>
>>63491349
Mine wasn't. But I still fell for your bait. 6/10
>>
>>63489541
Did you copy paste this from an older thread?
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.