[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did everyone talk like Canadians?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: fargo-1996.jpg (982 KB, 2000x2880) Image search: [Google]
fargo-1996.jpg
982 KB, 2000x2880
Why did everyone talk like Canadians?
>>
We don't speak like that
>>
>>63484928
That's not Canadian that's Minnesotan, there's supposed to be a difference (don't watch the show or movie, I'm assuming they butcher it like everyone else that tries).
t. Minnesotan.
>>
you can always spot a canadian by the way they say "sorry". even if they're trying their absolute hardest to sound american, they will add an extra o. every fucking time

soorry
>>
>>63484928
>alien shit
no thanks.
>>
>>63485043
Despite his looks, Steve Buscemi is not an alien believe it or not.
>>
>>63484928
>Ya, you betcha!
>>
>Still watching this defunct bullshit when Season 2 of Fargo is so fucking GOAT it's literally the best season of television of all time.

This is like using windows 98 in 2015. Your uprgrade to Windows 10 is ready and it's called Noah Hawley.
>>
>>63485043
>>63486029
is this b8?
>>
File: fargo.png (449 KB, 615x376) Image search: [Google]
fargo.png
449 KB, 615x376
>>63484928
I live in Minnesota and have a north-country aunt by Brainerd who sounds exactly like that.
>>
>>63486268
>In 1996 we had this SJW strong womyn bullshit
>Now we have based Malvo, based Lester, based Hanzee, Based Lou and based fat Damon and the entire based Gerthard family

What went so right for once?
>>
>>63486340
>hating on pregnant copfu
are you fucking gay?
>>
>>63486408
>being attracted to a horse faced woman who is incubating the cum of another man
hello kekold. If I had been a character in the Fargo universe in 1996 I would have sneaked behind her during this scene and then disarmed her and then stabbed her in the fucking belly.
>>
>>63486516
threadkiller.
>>
>>63486516
>I would have sneaked behind her during this scene

I'm curious to know how you think that would've went, but I think I can already predict your response based on your other posts.

>>63486562
This thread was never really alive to begin with mate.
>>
>>63484993
Fargo is in north dakota. Nobody from minnesota talks like that
>>
>>63484928
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqQOPusG59o

Siskel & Ebert really loved Fargo. You rarely saw them that excited about a movie.
>>
>>63486603
>Bitch is intently focused on Peter Stormare
>slowly step out from trees behind her and then quietly approach her rear.
>Use close quarters combat training to silently disarm her weapon and incapacitate her
>Let Peter Stormare finish woodchipping bucesmi
>wait in the show for him to leave
>Use combat knife to cut out Marge's baby
>feed her and the baby into the woodchipper

>Murders are pinned on Stormare

It's not fucking hard.
>>
>>63486723
Oh, I thought you meant if you WERE Stomare in that scene. Of course a hidden 3rd party could easily take advantage of her focus on him.
>>
>>63486670
>Fargo is in north dakota. Nobody from minnesota talks like that

The characters are from Minnesota and they later travel to Fargo.

There are two main accents in Minnesota. The northern cities accent covers the cities and a north-central accent covers the rural areas.

When you go west you start adding in the subtle Norwegian accent (especially once you cross into North Dakota.). This region had a large number of Swedish and Norwegian immigrants.

The Canadian prairie accent kind of resembles the rural Minnesota rural accent (without the Norwegian components). Western Canadians use purer monophthongal vowels than you get in eastern Canada and this shows up south of the border to some extent.

With that said the actors used coaches for their accents and they ended up being very exaggerated. The monophthongal vowels were especially exaggerated by some of the actors in Fargo and this is why some people think they sound Canadian.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.