[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you compare last week tonight, and John Oliver, to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 2015.jpg (64 KB, 600x399) Image search: [Google]
2015.jpg
64 KB, 600x399
How would you compare last week tonight, and John Oliver, to its competition?
>>
I thought John Oliver was great as the fill in daily show host

I think he's a very hard worker so that it looks like he's really into his arguments on Last Week Tonight but I think he wants to be an actual comedian and not a political commentator/mouthpiece
>>
>>63483421
Dude fuck him, he's a grade a liberal C.U.C.K. And fuck him for being in the YouTube rewind.
>>
>>63483421
on the same tier as the niggers from comedy central, though that ugly nigger Wilmore maybe a bit more shit.
>>
File: 1445855629229.png (77 KB, 800x826) Image search: [Google]
1445855629229.png
77 KB, 800x826
>>63483421
C U C K O L D
U
C
K
O
L
D
>>
>>63483421
Last week tonight is the family guy of political comedy. John Oliver can't manage to tie humor into the stories themselves so he resorts to random cut away pop culture references to keep people watching. And his subject matter itself is basically outrage of the week, something to get middle class college students riled up about just enough about an inconsequential issue to think he is doing a good job, but not enough that they even remember what they were mad about come next week's show.
>>
What year is it?
>>
>>63483782
>>
>>63483640
good assesment.
>>
>tfw you only have to endure 22 more days of John Oliver
>>
File: 1449523553142.jpg (27 KB, 327x308) Image search: [Google]
1449523553142.jpg
27 KB, 327x308
>>63483421
Last Week Tonight benefits I think from only being once a week so it can go really into whatever stories it deems worth its attention, compared to its counterparts that air almost daily, and of course, this also means having a week's worth of footage of other reporters given the topic.

I think some of the high concept skits that end certain episodes are stretched a little too thin though. If they cut them down by maybe a few minutes I think they'd be perfect.
>>
>>63483421
It's just a liberal circlejerk

I'm not even right wing and it gets annoying.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.